Jokic is really about to be a 3peat MVP

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The common theme in this thread is that people aren’t accepting that jokic is a generational talent, when he is. Whether or not he gets the championships to be considered all all time great remains to be seen. But people talk about him like he’s all Steve Nash narrative MVPs. He’s having an all time great statistical peak.

That's what's providing so much comedy for me. It's possible to acknowledge several things at once that aren't actually at odds with each other:

Yes, the media has shifted their criteria for MVP over the years (though the trend in MLB and NBA as of late is the voters are increasingly loyal to advanced evaluative stats)

Yes, white media members and fans have an inclination toward tribalism and that certainly worked in Bird's favor (no knock on his greatness) in Nash's favor (I've always been conflicted about his back to back MVPs) and to a lesser extent the prominent Euro players.

Yes, Joker has been a deserving candidate for the past 3 seasons, and his numbers absolutely justify this, by every measure. Voter fatigue or not, Giannis not getting a 3rd straight MVP wasn't a miscarriage of justice. No need to invent convoluted illogical connections and causal relationships about how one guy finished 4th in the voting in 20XX despite having 55 wins and another guy only won a single MVP, and Karl Malone got MJ's MVP so Jokic winning another MVP means we have to demolish the Naismith Memorial Center. The world will go on, and none of your favorite players of yesteryear will be forgotten. Jokic ain't cool or popular enough to shift mainstream narratives to that extent.

And if we're on the topic of "deserve" and history and injustice.... the players who have won MVP with the worst advanced evaluative stats have been coli cult heroes but few people revisit those cases, because it turns out nikkas can be just as tribal as CACs when they see themselves in a candidate.

Even among the greatest of the great, Magic probably snatched two MVPs that should've been MJ's. Malone over MJ was bullshyt. But Malone actually had a stronger argument (by the numbers) the year he finished second to MJ. Nash and AI arguably cost Shaq two more MVPs. D. Rob 100% deserved his MVP, and still got absolutely styled on by a better player who had a worse regular season. shyt happens. Incidentally, the year Dream won MVP, his numbers weren't even close to fukkin with D. Rob's, which were out of this solar system. Barkley probably didn't deserve his MVP (another one MJ should've had) but he might've deserved one that Magic won.

shyt happens. And the game survives. And the great players are still remembered as great.

Like it or not, Joker is a living legend.

nikola-jokic-perfect-night-against-lakers.jpg

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps

:mjcry: :mjcry: :mjcry:

The left wing white media analytical nazi movement must be stopped brehs

It’s obvious what’s at effect here. It
effects everything in society right now - people are sensitive to narratives and misinformation so they over correct. Joker has stans on social media who don’t know what a zone defense is claiming he is better than Tim Duncan. So people over correct and downplay him.

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
I've seen people trying to force Giannis into the convo but this dude is head and shoulders above everyone else lol.

Another dominant performance but this time against the League's #1 defensive team

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've seen people trying to force Giannis into the convo but this dude is head and shoulders above everyone else lol.

Another dominant performance but this time against the League's #1 defensive team

I’d personally still take Giannis over him but Jokic gonna win his third straight MVP pretty easy. Dude now a legitimate walking triple double

Daps

Ain't it hilarious how Giannis was barely mentioned in this thread, if at all. It was all about how Embiid should get it over Jokic, and now they've abandoned that ship once they realized it was sinking and hopped onto the S.S. Giannis, trying to claim he was the frontrunner all this time.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
This is how much of a box-score-watching Casual you are. The Nuggets didn't even play tonight.

But you just love to embarrass yourself at every turn.

Why don't you tell us how MPJ is the Nuggets best player?

:lolbron:
I’m making up for lost time :wow: I was too busy watching the Clippers put a beating on the Raptors last night:wow:

Look at your MVP playing that traffic cone defense :wow:

I don’t know who’s setting you up to take the biggest L at the end of April, the Draymond-Kerr Warriors or the Nuggets :wow:

Daps
I’m making up for lost time :wow: I was too busy watching the Clippers put a beating on the Raptors last night:wow:

Look at your MVP playing that traffic cone defense :wow:

I don’t know who’s setting you up to take the biggest L at the end of April, the Draymond-Kerr Warriors or the Nuggets :wow:
You said Jokic was exposed and maxed out in 2020.

He then came back from being 1-3 down against the Clippers, and what is likely going to be claiming three-straight MVPs.

Out of all the Ls you've taken, this might be the worst one.

:wow: