Jokic is really about to be a 3peat MVP

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Nuggets have a +24.3 net rating differential when Jokic is on the floor compared to off. For comparison’s sake, that’s a bigger difference than the 2017 Warriors and this year’s Spurs (+21.6)

That’s on top of averaging a 25 point triple double on insane efficiency and his team having the 3rd best record in the league

This season is actually Jokic’s best case for MVP if I’m gonna be honest

If folks want him to get voted against just because they’re mad their favorite player didn’t get 3 in a row that’s their business, and tbh if I had a ballot I’d put Tatum :mjpls: but speaking unbiasedly, he’s the guy.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
White privilege..If jokic really wins 3.. then why the fukk didn't bron win like 8 in a row for being the best player in the league. Why didn't Kobe win like 5 for being the best player in the league?......:stopitslime:

Just like Nash, getting that white privilege treatment :skip:
Because there's no award for this.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
the problem with that is jokic was on the floor for 46 wins last year, giannis and embiid were on the floor for 45 each. so the wins argument works in his favor last and this year. voter fatigue from 10-20-30 years ago doesnt necessarily mean the voters from today look at things the same way. clearly nash getting mvp's cleary became an agenda because theres no argument he had the best season in the league. is anybody in here really arguing that jokic doesnt have a mvp case.

voters change, the way they view things change, the same way we argued kobe/lebron getting screwed they changed their views and gave westbrook the mvp because they considered him to have the best individual season.

Except the same exact voters are literally on the record “seeing things the same way” citing “voter fatigue” and “can’t possibly vote for some one to be MVP three years running without even making it to the finals, let alone winning the chip” as reasons to not give it to other guys in the last couple seasons :heh:

They 100% see it that way, it just doesn’t apply to Jokic

the "standard" changes to vote whoever they want for MVP. Its always changing.

before Westbrook won you had to be above a 3 seed.

The cabal of dweebs that make up the narratives every year that decides these awards do it in real time and push it to the rest of the media via their weekly podcasts …these dudes ARE the voters…they blatantly know they’re contradicting their own self made qualifications, LAUGH ABOUT IT …and keep it moving :mjlol:

I called Jokic was winning three straight a year ago, they dictate this shyt in plain sight

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Because Jaylen Brown is too good so he's disqualified. :yeshrug:Same BS why Curry/Durant never even had a chance despite them terrorizing the league every year they played together; if you have a teammate that's in all-nba discussions the voters just decree you can't possibly be "valuable" enough over players carrying worse rosters and write you off on the spot nowadays. :francis:

It's nonsense because in the same breath they'll turn around and say "Only players on top seeds should be in the MVP discussion".... like teams at the top of their conference aren't in that position to begin with specifically because they almost always have multiple players playing at an all-star/all-nba level. :unimpressed: Also points out the Rooney Rule level racism these voters have been engaging in to try and justify voting Jokic for what's going to be three straight MVPs. They broke their "top seeds only" BS to hand him his B2B last year and now they're completely ignoring their "voting fatigue" juelzing they used to deny guys like Giannis, Jordan, etc. their chance at 3 peats in the past for this year. The fact that guys like Tatum and Curry will get disqualified for having teammates that are "too good" while Jokic gets to enjoy Murray putting up over 20 PPG shooting ~40% from 3 when healthy along with a roster loaded top to bottom with 3nD threats, all with NO negative effect at all on his MVP case whatsoever is also moronic. Whole shyt stinks :scust::mjpls:
But jokic is a 1 seed without any all star teammates. So he checks the “not having too much help” and the “top seed” boxes.

seraphx

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Nuggets have a +24.3 net rating differential when Jokic is on the floor compared to off. For comparison’s sake, that’s a bigger difference than the 2017 Warriors and this year’s Spurs (+21.6)

That’s on top of averaging a 25 point triple double on insane efficiency and his team having the 3rd best record in the league

This season is actually Jokic’s best case for MVP if I’m gonna be honest

If folks want him to get voted against just because they’re mad their favorite player didn’t get 3 in a row that’s their business, and tbh if I had a ballot I’d put Tatum :mjpls: but speaking unbiasedly, he’s the guy.
I think you are right and this has never stopped them from giving another person MVP over the best player that season either. Voter fatigue be real until it's some white dude. People denying the bias like we don't see it are crazy.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think you are right and this has never stopped them from giving another person MVP over the best player that season either. Voter fatigue be real until it's some white dude. People denying the bias like we don't see it are crazy.

So is the problem that Jokic could win a 3rd straight MVP or the fact that he’s white?

seraphx

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So is the problem that Jokic could win a 3rd straight MVP or the fact that he’s white?
Both. I mean statistically he is having one of the best seasons. The thing is voters have always had "voter fatigue" or whatever when comparing previous players doing it etc. but, all of a sudden this guy gets that pass and hasn't won shyt. I think the bias is apparent at this point. It's not like this is a whole batch of new voters these the same dudes that justified all the other times they didn't vote for whoever using whatever standard they made up at the time. Dude will most likely win and he prolly should. I'm just not here for it.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Both. I mean statistically he is having one of the best seasons. The thing is voters have always had "voter fatigue" or whatever when comparing previous players doing it etc. but, all of a sudden this guy gets that pass and hasn't won shyt. I think the bias is apparent at this point. It's not like this is a whole batch of new voters these the same dudes that justified all the other times they didn't vote for whoever using whatever standard they made up at the time. Dude will most likely win and he prolly should. I'm just not here for it.

Those specific voters should be questioned, but we also can’t assume that everyone who votes for Jokic blocked someone else in the past because of voter fatigue.

Me personally, MJ is the only guy since Bird that I feel should’ve won 3 straight but didn’t :hubie:

seraphx

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Those specific voters should be questioned, but we also can’t assume that everyone who votes for Jokic blocked someone else in the past because of voter fatigue.

Me personally, MJ is the only guy since Bird that I feel should’ve won 3 straight but didn’t :hubie:
I think Bron was close but, I can see why Rose won that year. Better narrative and they won 4 more games that year so :manny:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
It will make plenty of sense. Better teams. MVP =/= Finals MVP.

And KD didn't win a ring in any year Jokic has earned an MVP trophy, unless you're penciling in this year which isn't smart to do.
Well that’s the great thing about history, we don’t have to rely on my opinion or yours.

Go look for yourself. Back to back MVPs not only have rings, most win at least 1 ring in one of their MVP years. The only exceptions are Nash and Giannis. Giannis got his ring the year after. We know how Nash’ MVPs are viewed.

It ain’t a regular season award but it’s almost always validated by their postseason success. This is mostly true for MVPs in general, but it’s damn near unanimous for back to back mvps. Jokic is gonna be a THREE timer and he’s not even getting to conference finals. Insanity

horizon

Veteran
Daps
That MVP last year was disgraceful. The voters are essentially saying big man assists are worth gold and if that’s the case then why wouldn’t Jokic just win MVP every year?

It is a terrible look for the only 3 peat MVPs in league history to be white but at least Bird legitimately earned them.