Jokic is really about to be a 3peat MVP

Daps
you literally have to juelz to justify jokic winning mvp last year. talking bout vorp and raptor and shyt. nikka what the fukk is that. embiid was clear and away the mvp, but nikkas don't like him
This is all in your head.

Jokic won it because he was missing his #2 and #3 options all season, and yet still ended up playing in more wins than Embiid did.
jokic could have made it out the first round. he didn't.
He lost to the Warriors (the NBA champs). Nobody beat them last season, it doesn't matter what round it was in - everyone lost to the Warriors.

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
It's honestly hilarious how people fail to mention MPJ and Murray were hurt, and funny enough when everybody was healthy the Nuggets made it to the conference finals coming back from a 3-1 deficit in two straight series in 2020.

Once again, not to mention the MVP is a regular season award.

And it's not like I'm out here advocating for Jokic to win it again (even though he very well could), it's just people neglect the context in these discussions.

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
you literally have to juelz to justify jokic winning mvp last year. talking bout vorp and raptor and shyt. nikka what the fukk is that. embiid was clear and away the mvp, but nikkas don't like him
I don’t dispute embiids undeniably great season last year, but Jokic was playing with a team of Amazon warehouse workers and an Uber driver. Give the man his due.

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
no one wants to admit the mvp is actually a popularity contest. :yeshrug: im convinced embiid could average 40 and still not get it over jokic for some asspull of a reason (he has harden feeding him the ball!!! foul merchant!!! Doc plays him more minutes!!! their record is worse!!!!)

it's sad that his only reprieve would be winning a ring since he's obviously not about to ever get recognition from the league while their favorite serbian doughboy is still around, because cock rivers will see to it that that never happens.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
no one wants to admit the mvp is actually a popularity contest. :yeshrug: im convinced embiid could average 40 and still not get it over jokic for some asspull of a reason (he has harden feeding him the ball!!! foul merchant!!! Doc plays him more minutes!!! their record is worse!!!!)

it's sad that his only reprieve would be winning a ring since he's obviously not about to ever get recognition from the league while their favorite serbian doughboy is still around, because cock rivers will see to it that that never happens.
YTZclJu.png

shyt, u close lol. Embiid literally putting up Wilt numbers and nikkas dont give a shyt :dead:

The media has already decided Luka or Jokic is gonna get it.

it is what it is at this point

Daps
I mean, all these awards are narrative-based, so of course, it's about likeability/popularity to same varying degree, but you're lying to yourself if you think Jokic won it because of winning some popularity contest. Nobody even gave a fukk about him for the first half of both his MVP seasons - he was barely even mentioned.

There's a reason for that.

He won it because Murray and MPJ were missing for the season (his #2 and #3 options), and he played in more wins than Embiid did. It's as simple as that. If you don't think that's deserving of winning the MVP, well, you're clearly not being objective about this.

Ultimately, who gives a fukk?

It's done; it's finished. There's no great injustice of Embiid not winning, so why the need for all these theatrics about something that's not going to change?

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
If the Mavs get to 50 wins, Luka is winning MVP
People will whine but it's a LeBron on the Cavs level carry job. That team is ass without Luka.

Don't know if I'd give it to him because Giannis is elite on defense in addition to being unstoppable offensively...
The Nuggets and Bucks have the same record :what:

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
The MVP is based on more than averaging 37 for 12 games

dont be simple. The breh lead the league in scoring last year and is putting up bigger numbers on better efficiency this year...while anchoring a top 3 defense in the league. Thats a lil more than "37 for 12 games"

the point is regardless of all that...the media is already showing they wanna give it to them dudes out west. I aint hating on Jokic/Luka yes I am

We just calling it how it is

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
I think Jokic deserved MVP over Embiid, but Embiid is still a force in the league

What's more insane is that Embiid has ZERO All-NBA 1st team selections. That fact is more insane when you realize DeAndre Jordan has more All-NBA 1st team selections than Embiid. That's fukking bonkers

Daps
dont be simple. The breh lead the league in scoring last year and is putting up bigger numbers on better efficiency this year...while anchoring a top 3 defense in the league. Thats a lil more than "37 for 12 games"

the point is regardless of all that...the media is already showing they wanna give it to them dudes out west. I aint hating on Jokic/Luka yes I am

We just calling it how it is
If you wanna bring up Embiid leading the league in scoring last season as reason for why he should've won MVP, let me put it into perspective:

Embiid - 30 ppg on 53 eFG%
Jokic - 27 ppg on 62 eFG%.

He only averaged three more points despite being considerably less efficient.

This is before we even take into account Jokic averaged double the amount of assists, so if we were strictly going off surface numbers, Jokic was creating more offense for his team and being more efficient whilst doing so. There's nothing wrong with stating that Embiid had a valid case for MVP, but the voters felt Jokic had a greater argument, and you can't really argue that they were wrong.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
I think Jokic deserved MVP over Embiid, but Embiid is still a force in the league

What's more insane is that Embiid has ZERO All-NBA 1st team selections. That fact is more insane when you realize DeAndre Jordan has more All-NBA 1st team selections than Embiid. That's fukking bonkers

People talking MVP when first team all nba is where it’s gonna be real nasty.

Gonna be a bloodbath at the F/C spots

We know whose gonna get the short end of this stick again this year too