Jokic is really about to be a 3peat MVP

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
If you wanna bring up Embiid leading the league in scoring last season as reason for why he should've won MVP, let me put it into perspective:

Embiid - 30 ppg on 53 eFG%
Jokic - 27 ppg on 62 eFG%.

He only averaged three more points despite being considerably less efficient.

This is before we even take into account Jokic averaged double the amount of assists, so if we were strictly going off surface numbers, Jokic was creating more offense for his team and being more efficient whilst doing so. There's nothing wrong with stating that Embiid had a valid case for MVP, but the voters felt Jokic had a greater argument, and you can't really argue that they were wrong.

I didnt bring up him leading the league in scoring as the reason for last years snub. I brought that up, in context, to the poster above me saying "MVP is more than averaging 37 in 12 games"...as if this scoring outburst is some anomaly

The fact is up until about a couple hours ago. Jojo was leading the league in scoring, yet again...on career high efficiency...while making us a top 3 defense with a roster full of defensive liabilities...and yet Embiid is an afterthought. This will be reflected in not only MVP voting but also who makes 1st team All NBA

When a player puts up wilt-like numbers for a month and nikkas reactions is :unimpressed: ...that proves the point @Warren Peace was making and what I was responding to.

Daps
I didnt bring up him leading the league in scoring as the reason for last years snub. I brought that up, in context, to the poster above me saying "MVP is more than averaging 37 in 12 games"...as if this scoring outburst is some anomaly

The fact is up until about a couple hours ago. Jojo was leading the league in scoring, yet again...on career high efficiency...while making us a top 3 defense with a roster full of defensive liabilities...and yet Embiid is an afterthought. This will be reflected in not only MVP voting but also who makes 1st team All NBA

When a player puts up wilt-like numbers for a month and nikkas reactions is :unimpressed: ...that proves the point @Warren Peace was making and what I was responding to.
Embiid is only an afterthought this season because his team came out of the gates slow (losing four of their first eight games), and other players have simply either outperformed him on a more consistent basis and/or their teams have better records. If his team was in the #1 seed like Jokic's is, no doubt he'd be right up near the top of the discussion, but his team isn't.

I mean, he got more MVP love than players from the seven teams who had equal or better records last season, so there's clearly no agenda against him. Luka even had a better record than he did last season and nobody really gave a fukk about him whenever the MVP discussion was brought up, which was reflected in the voting results.

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
you literally have to juelz to justify jokic winning mvp last year. talking bout vorp and raptor and shyt. nikka what the fukk is that. embiid was clear and away the mvp, but nikkas don't like him
Am I correct in sayin joka didn't have his #2 n#3 will him last season ...or was that the season before?

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
dont be simple. The breh lead the league in scoring last year and is putting up bigger numbers on better efficiency this year...while anchoring a top 3 defense in the league. Thats a lil more than "37 for 12 games"

the point is regardless of all that...the media is already showing they wanna give it to them dudes out west. I aint hating on Jokic/Luka yes I am

We just calling it how it is
Plenty of scoring champions didn't win MVP.

Better efficiency than himself last year, not better than "them dudes out west", one of which is averaging damn near 25 point triple-double on historic efficiency, the other is scoring at a similar clip and delivering a Cavs 1.0 Bron-esque carry job.

You're calling it how you feel as a homer. Not how it is. Nothing simple over here.

Last year was his year but he got blocked by a historic individual season. He ain't the first won't be the last.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
People talking MVP when first team all nba is where it’s gonna be real nasty.

Gonna be a bloodbath at the F/C spots
Definitely cause with the way they are playing Giannis KD Tatum and Bron are deserving of a first team spot but Bron is pretty much out of the equation with the Lakers being a nonfactor. Can't forget about Zion either but I think he and Tatum will get the 2nd team spots as of NOW. Think the guards spots will get interesting to if Steph and Booker come back soon enough. Know Luka has one spot locked up on the first team. But you got cats like Mitchell Haliburton Shai Jaylen Fox and Kyrie who are good enough to be on one of the 3 teams too. Hell Shai should be first team as of now himself.

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
If you wanna bring up Embiid leading the league in scoring last season as reason for why he should've won MVP, let me put it into perspective:

Embiid - 30 ppg on 53 eFG%
Jokic - 27 ppg on 62 eFG%.

He only averaged three more points despite being considerably less efficient.

This is before we even take into account Jokic averaged double the amount of assists, so if we were strictly going off surface numbers, Jokic was creating more offense for his team and being more efficient whilst doing so. There's nothing wrong with stating that Embiid had a valid case for MVP, but the voters felt Jokic had a greater argument, and you can't really argue that they were wrong.
Now let’s look at his defense

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
If jokic and embiid swapped stats and skill sets they would have still given the mvp to jokic. whereas jokic being a liability on defense is ignored, if that were the case with embiid instead, it would be a motivating factor.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Embiid is only an afterthought this season because his team came out of the gates slow (losing four of their first eight games), and other players have simply either outperformed him on a more consistent basis and/or their teams have better records. If his team was in the #1 seed like Jokic's is, no doubt he'd be right up near the top of the discussion, but his team isn't.

I mean, he got more MVP love than players from the seven teams who had equal or better records last season, so there's clearly no agenda against him. Luka even had a better record than he did last season and nobody really gave a fukk about him whenever the MVP discussion was brought up, which was reflected in the voting results.

we gon see breh...the media will inevitably
juelz-talking.gif
when it comes to Jojo. When it happens I'll make sure to @ u

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Plenty of scoring champions didn't win MVP.

Better efficiency than himself last year, not better than "them dudes out west", one of which is averaging damn near 25 point triple-double on historic efficiency, the other is scoring at a similar clip and delivering a Cavs 1.0 Bron-esque carry job.

You're calling it how you feel as a homer. Not how it is. Nothing simple over here.

Last year was his year but he got blocked by a historic individual season. He ain't the first won't be the last.
Scoring champs on 50+ win teams, that are elite defensively? Ya'll stay talking about one side of the court.

They not gonna mention defense in any of their responses lol.

pHzxaJb.png

X8jyI1E.png

and still wont end up 1st all NBA :dead:

Daps
Defense isn’t weighted that heavily in the voting of MVP. You could say it’s almost an Offensive Player of the Year award. Besides, Jokic and Embiid had similar steal/block numbers, which like points, rebounds and assists are the main surface stats that voters pay attention to.

There’s really nothing out of the ordinary on why Jokic won MVP over him. I think some of y’all are just looking for reasons, for whatever reason.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Scoring champs on 50+ win teams, that are elite defensively? Ya'll stay talking about one side of the court.

They not gonna mention defense in any of their responses lol.

pHzxaJb.png

X8jyI1E.png

and still wont end up 1st all NBA :dead:
And you staying pretending Joel is prime Dwight on that side of the court and he's anchoring a team of (defensive) bums.

You already know narratives and team carryjobs are a factor. You crying just to cry.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
And you staying pretending Joel is prime Dwight on that side of the court and he's anchoring a team of (defensive) bums.

You already know narratives and team carryjobs are a factor. You crying just to cry.

bruh what are you talking about? Harden, Maxey, Tobias arent known for their defense. The only legit defenders we have is

Jojo
Thybulle (who Doc buried on the bench)
and Melton.

Yet somehow we're the #2 Defense in the league? #1 Defensive Rating #1 Defensive win shares... Who's responsible for that? George Niang? :skip: I thought ya'll liked advanced analytics. They dont count anymore huh...

Embiid does take plays off, but is ELITE defensively. Is Jokic elite defensively? What about Luka?

oh aight