Jokic is really about to be a 3peat MVP

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
bruh what are you talking about? Harden, Maxey, Tobias arent known for their defense. The only legit defenders we have is

Jojo
Thybulle (who Doc buried on the bench)
and Melton.

Yet somehow we're the #2 Defense in the league? #1 Defensive Rating #1 Defensive win shares... Who's responsible for that? George Niang? :skip: I thought ya'll liked advanced analytics. They dont count anymore huh...

Embiid does take plays off, but is ELITE defensively. Is Jokic elite defensively? What about Luka?

oh aight
"Oh aight" like you said something :mjlol:

"Known" for defense ain't the end all be all, since the apparently lowly Tobias has the same Defensive Rating as these "known for defense" players;
Tatum
Kawhi
Jrue
Gobert
Bam

Now tell me all or even most of those players are average or negative defenders, since this is your metric.

Ironically Jokic is over Embiid in Defensive Box Plus/Minus while Luka is equalling him in that as well as Defensive Win Shares.

Offensive metrics they're clearly above him.

2 other players are having All-Time seasons carrying inferior rosters, having clear better offensive seasons and apparently hanging in his same realm by these defensive metrics nobody brought up but you.

Oh aight :mjlol:

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
"Oh aight" like you said something :mjlol:

"Known" for defense ain't the end all be all, since the apparently lowly Tobias has the same Defensive Rating as these "known for defense" players;
Tatum
Kawhi
Jrue
Gobert
Bam

Now tell me all or even most of those players are average or negative defenders, since this is your metric.

Ironically Jokic is over Embiid in Defensive Box Plus/Minus while Luka is equalling him in that as well as Defensive Win Shares.

Offensive metrics they're clearly above him.

2 other players are having All-Time seasons carrying inferior rosters, having clear better offensive seasons and apparently hanging in his same realm by these defensive metrics nobody brought up but you.

Oh aight :mjlol:

"hanging in the same realm" :mjlol:

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
Defense isn’t weighted that heavily in the voting of MVP. You could say it’s almost an Offensive Player of the Year award. Besides, Jokic and Embiid had similar steal/block numbers, which like points, rebounds and assists are the main surface stats that voters pay attention to.

There’s really nothing out of the ordinary on why Jokic won MVP over him. I think some of y’all are just looking for reasons, for whatever reason.
i watched this man dominate all season last year only for them to give it joker because of made up stats and vibes. They’re looking for reasons NOT to give him mvp.

Daps
i watched this man dominate all season last year only for them to give it joker because of made up stats and vibes. They’re looking for reasons NOT to give him mvp.
Jokic dominated too. I know this board doesn’t watch Nuggets games like that, but that’s what happened. Just because you were paying more attention to Embiid’s play doesn’t mean he deserved it more.

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
Jokic dominated too. I know this board doesn’t watch Nuggets games like that, but that’s what happened. Just because you were paying more attention to Embiid’s play doesn’t mean he deserved it more.
he deserved it the first time around. he didn't last year

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
even though I don’t have a vote I think I’m suffering from voters fatigue in regards to the same guys being mvp. But if he deserves it he should get it. But historically thinking back if he’s a 3-4 time mvp he’s up there with the all time greats at his position and all time great players.

(Just random venting)
His production shows that he belongs in that realm of talent. But it’s just something about me that feel like embiid should have had that mvp over him. Clearly It’s just bias on my part.

But I do not want to see the same player getting mvp season after season unless they are that much far and away better. For example they stopped giving them to Lebron even if he was deserving. However the award should just go to the MVP of the current regular season. So if that’s Jokic 6-7 years in a row so be it.

Giannis, Luka, Jokic, Embiid, Curry, Tatum, Lillard, Morant are the ones I’m assuming are favorites this season hopefully we get a new guy like Tatum or luka but if Jokic is the winner I’d understand.

Last edited: