John Witherspoon & DJ Vlad Talk Friday, Boomerang, The Boondocks & More

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I wouldn't go as far to say he has to go back and do it now. But 5K obviously seemed like a good lick to them back then,and the movie made them stars and propelled them to greater careers. Plus to say Chris Tucker made Friday is ignoring the fact that Friday is actually a good script that Pooh and Cube came with:comeon:.
Has Chris Tucker ever been in another movie or role as good or iconic as his one in Friday?I don't think so.
Im sure he is grateful for Cube putting him in the movie,and Chris had the option to cash out on the sequel .
It would be strange to hear that he actually still felt a way about this.
I just think Cube has a blueprint of low budget/effeciency films with big profits. I doubt Chris Tucker is trying to hear that after cashing Rush Hour checks.

Rush Hour 1 & 2 say hello.

Those two flicks are classic cop buddy comedies

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
5k?? that's TV show money. cube did john right with a big pay raise in next friday for little screen time, but he should've hooked chris tucker up. i thought he was the best part of Friday.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
nikka MOST OF THAT shyt WAS ADLIBING.

SMOKEY IS CHRIS TUCKER BEING CHRIS TUCKER.
:devil:
:evil:

So are we ignoring Friday was actually a good script:comeon:
And if that was him being Chris Tucker,he should have been as funny later down the line,didn't happen:sas1:

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Rush Hour 1 & 2 say hello.

Those two flicks are classic cop buddy comedies

classic but not as funny,and whatever his name was in Rush Hour,that character is NOT as iconic as Smokey.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Kinda corny considering bigger stars than Chris Tucker have done independent films for little pay in between their big budget films.

They had to have had some kinda beef that makes Chris not wanna work with Cube again.

Because if he's not willing to do a solid for a dude that put him on and be in the last film, that's wack. Will would've done a reunion Fresh Prince episode if everyone wanted it.

Besides Chris Tucker ain't doing shyt right now.

Maybe,but look at it from Chris Tuckers perspective.
Nobody who played in Fridays character is as iconic as Smokey. Each and every one of them can afford to not be as funny as the previous films and not lose sleep or catch hell:snoop:

This movie and this character may be special to him and he just knows he can't match up anymore as we all do,but won't admit:mjcry:. The pressure would be alot different for him, and the other people doing the movie don't understand that and just want to do it for fun and for a check. It would be different if Ice Cube was some struggling director Chris should throw a solid too maybe lol.

The only corny part to me is the fact he keeps teasing instead of just saying yes or no. So it's hard to say if he just doesn't want to be the bad guy and say no. If he is sitting on the fence just in case they decide to make an offer he can't refuse lol. Or if he is being diplomatic because there is a beef of some sort.

I think he just has enough money,and doesn't want the pressure,or to mess up the legacy of that character.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
classic but not as funny,and whatever his name was in Rush Hour,that character is NOT as iconic as Smokey.

"DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WOOOORDS
THAT ARE COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH?"

IS JUST AS ICONIC AS

"YOU JUST GOT KNOCKED THE fukk OUT!"

DETECTIVE CARTER HAS HIS OWN WIKI PAGE.
James Carter
:devil:
:evil: