John Singleton's 'Snowfall' Season 1 Thread

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'm really tired of this type of shyt. Can we tell another story abut black people in the 80s or 90s that isn't drug related? I swear this is the only shyt along with Tyler Perry wack ass that blacks get portrayed as and they have their step in fetch it clown John Singleton to do it happily.:dry:

Daps
Reppin
St louis
:whoo:

wat6rr.jpg

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
If it tells the truth about how crack was a fundraising effort to fund illegal wars in central america with the ancillary benefit of destroying the communities of my family in central and southwest LA in the 80s then it needs to be told and it better be hot. If it's just some bullshyt personal drama where crack is the McGuffin of the series and the CIA liaisons are shown to be operating independently of uncle sam then I will destroy this show when I get the time. It could be great or it could be whack. The potential is there for both outcomes and for those complaining about uplifting black content:

MAKE IT. Don't expect the dominant society to empower us; we have to empower ourselves. Use your capital to take action and be the change you want to see. It's not fair and it never will be but the trick is succeeding in spite of that.

That is what kills their soul. When we are on uneven footing, we know it, they know it and we STILL succeed.