John Singleton's 'Snowfall' Season 1 Thread

Forlife44

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stop crying :damn:. This shyt fire. And the owner ain't set him up she bought from them dudes just like franklin and they peeped it. They seen he was alone too. She tried to save him by telling him about the girls but he didn't want no p*ssy. Of course she not gonna flat out tell him they was gonna rob him because that could fukk up her business with those dudes. Hopefully franklin gets his uncle and pushes them nikkas wigs back cuz :troll:

And his girl bad as fukk I'm sure she's of age too :youngsabo:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Stop crying :damn:. This shyt fire. And the owner ain't set him up she bought from them dudes just like franklin and they peeped it. They seen he was alone too. She tried to save him by telling him about the girls but he didn't want no p*ssy. Of course she not gonna flat out tell him they was gonna rob him because that could fukk up her business with those dudes. Hopefully franklin gets his uncle and pushes them nikkas wigs back cuz :troll:

And his girl bad as fukk I'm sure she's of age too :youngsabo:

There's something I WILL say about this show:

It's interesting that they went as long as they did (almost two whole episodes) before they introduced the expected "LA Gang" element. When those guys asked Franklin "who are you with?" it didn't even occur to him that they were asking him about gangs. He's just like "I'm by myself".

He's not really a 100% stereotypical :ufdup:"kid from the streets". He's actually lived a pretty sheltered suburban-style life, it's just that his uncle is a drug dealer and he sells marijuana to rich private school kits. There's clearly a big class difference between his family and the lady making chicken milk bombs.

So even though I'm complaining about cliches, there is kind of a unique take on it.

That's exactly what I was thinking all episode. This is GTA: The Show.

I'm pretty sure that the house with the cocaine stash was the same one used as Jackie Treehorn's house in "The Big Lewbowski"

movie-houses-big-lebowski-treehorn.jpg

I can't resist quoting myself to add:

"That coke really tied the room together"
:laff:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
There's something I WILL say about this show:

It's interesting that they went as long as they did (almost two whole episodes) before they introduced the expected "LA Gang" element. When those guys asked Franklin "who are you with?" it didn't even occur to him that they were asking him about gangs. He's just like "I'm by myself".

He's not really a 100% stereotypical :ufdup:"kid from the streets". He's actually lived a pretty sheltered suburban-style life, it's just that his uncle is a drug dealer and he sells marijuana to rich private school kits. There's clearly a big class difference between his family and the lady making chicken milk bombs.

So even though I'm complaining about cliches, there is kind of a unique take on it.

Franklin a basically of realistic version of Reek from Power getting in street shyt

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Franklin a basically of realistic version of Reek from Power getting in street shyt

It's not exactly the same. Frankin isn't rich and spoiled, he's middle class and is already aware of/involved in what his uncle is doing. Plus, he's the one actively seeking out his own business. There's no older :sitdown:guy leading him astray, its all his own initiative.

I don't see Tariq from Power as someone constantly being surrounded by people telling him he's "got a lot of balls".

What's he's not aware of is the street level gang situation. (I'm not familiar enough with California 1983 to know if it's realistic that he wouldn't be).

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
That's exactly what I was thinking all episode. This is GTA: The Show.

I'm pretty sure that the house with the cocaine stash was the same one used as Jackie Treehorn's house in "The Big Lewbowski"

movie-houses-big-lebowski-treehorn.jpg

That house is iconic :wow:

Here it is again