John Singleton's 'Snowfall' Season 1 Thread

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
Me and my girl was watching it. She was intrigued because she wasn't aware of the Contra affair so I was explaining who the characters real life counterparts were and i jumped ahead to oliver north and david webb (rip) and she got hooked to the show. I need a check Singleton

As for the show itself: its ok. I like the lead actor even though I understand that they established that he's been selling weed for awhile but his sudden jump to yayo pushing mastermind was ham fisted. I also get that the pilot is supposed to establish the world these characters live in and be the motivation for them to do the things they do but again, everything seems rushed and pushed along even with over 100 mins to tell the story. Maybe trying to interweave the Contras in-between the booming crack era is a hard task. I hope they really do this story justice. IT NEEDS TO BE TOLD especially to these younger generation who are influenced by these rappers who promote drug use openly. For us older folks, yea its been done to death but I think the 90s and 2000s kids are old enough to start understanding the lasting effect this had on their parents and now grandparents. I'll give it a season...

Konnan

Undisputed Jack in the Box Parking Lot Champion
Daps
Reppin
#UGA #BirdBrehs #DSGB #StarkSet
Eddie Nash is a heavy dude. Who still roamed LA freely after those grizzly murders he beat charges on. That WONDERLAND movie about those murders had me shook :sadcam:
Wonderland is a good ass movie

I havent seen it in forever. Like the last time I seen it I rented it at Blockbuster :wow:

I may watch that shyt again tonight

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I enjoyed episode one. Got some potential. I can dig the slow burn too.... people expecting some Tony Montana Scarface shyt...

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I fukk with it :ehh:

Apparently dude who plays Franklin is British :wtf:

Thought he was a West Coast nikka - completely sold me with the accent and everything :mindblown:

I just checked out his IMDB. Damn I didn't even know that either. Dude is from Peckham just like Boyega. :wow:

Saying that, so is the mother who played Brianna on The Wire.

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
I fukk with it :ehh:

Apparently dude who plays Franklin is British :wtf:

Thought he was a West Coast nikka - completely sold me with the accent and everything :mindblown:
Now that you mentioned it I'm paying extra close attention to his accent and you can actually hear it break down a lot of the time. I feel like Sam Jackson about this, millions of West Coast kids to choose from and they travel thousands of miles away to find an actor. :francis:

All Star
Daps
Looks like next week him and his homie from the first episode about to find them nikkas and get his bag back:wow: