John David Washington fights to save us in the future in The Creator (Twentieth/Disney)

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Interesting, I liked the trailer being sci-fi head but It doesn't feel very original but not a deal breaker. Like a mashup of previous sci-fi films. Also LOL @ someone mentioning "Golden Child", that was literally the first thing that came to mind especially with the AI Child being Asian. Also clearly capitalizing on the "AI Craze" right now, lol. I like John David and hope for his success but he has some ways to go before becoming a bigger draw. But he's taking those steps with bigger blockbuster roles. I'm not a huge fan of the September date though Sci Fi Films like "Gravity" and "Martian" along with "Dune" came out around this time. But this particular film has a summer feel to it. You see the Star Wars influence too so I wasn't shocked it was old Boy from "Rogue One." But the action was point for sure. I like the AI machine designs too. Definitely checking it out.

Last edited:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Rogue One director? shyt gonna be good. nikkas hating in here on JDW sound jealous. Which is odd cause he don't even be in the limelight like that. Weirdos.
Zendaya-and-John-David-Washington-in-Malcolm-AND-Marie-Netflix-THR-EXCLUSIVE-H-202014M-2-A_R-1605726777.jpg

He still had his head between Zendaya's legs during quarantine that's reason enough

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its amazing to me how this board bytches and whines about black male representation and we have actors like Michael B Jordan, John David Washington, John Boyega, and Daniel Kaluuya routinely portraying masculine, intelligent, heroic black men and half the comments about their movies is about how “unbelievable” they are AS masculine, intelligent, heroic leads…

Ya’ll are truly pathetic
Black nerds seem to have their knives the sharpest for Black media/talent. White actors get by with less. Henry Cavill can barely act his way out of a wet, ripped, paper bag but dudes would be going nuts if he was the star here.

El Jefe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looks brazy

But they show way too much in trailers nowadays.. I feel like they gave away to much.. I wanna be blown away when I go in the cinema

Not going Wow but I seen that already, but I know what's happenin next '' I The F is they doin

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Zendaya-and-John-David-Washington-in-Malcolm-AND-Marie-Netflix-THR-EXCLUSIVE-H-202014M-2-A_R-1605726777.jpg

He still had his head between Zendaya's legs during quarantine that's reason enough
Damn it’s kinda crazy I forgot about this movie. I liked it when I watched it. It’s wild bc I feel like this movie would have been bigger and got more praise in the media if the leads were white. I thought zendaya and jdw acted their *sses off and deserved more recognition.

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I hope this is in Imax. I love the trailer. I like JDW’s brooding lack of emotion act. It works and is perfect for sci-fi.