John Carter was the most underrated film of 2012

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I finally got around to watching this. It was alright, nothing special.

If they added a legit Hollywood star to this, it wouldn't have flopped & we'd see a trilogy.

Lynn Collins looking bad in this movie though :takedat:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Here's the thing, I watched this shyt knowing the background of it...as in, this was the inspiration for damn near every sci-fi movie ever and Conan and it was ground breaking...so when I watched it, I appreciated a lot of the things that made it just another generic sci-fi action flick...but had I not known about it's background, I would have assumed it was a copy of a hundred copies and just another movie.

Even knowing the background, it was an average ass movie; it's underrated only because it got hated on. It's not bad, I'd watch a sequel just because I want to see where else it influences my favorite stories...but in reality, if you take away to whole "this influenced everything else" factor, it's forgettable as fukk.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Dredd was the most underrated. If it had as much promotion as John Carter it would've made a profit in the Box Office

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
I finally got around to seeing this the other day and was suprised that it wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. Could have been better, but it also could have been a lot worse too. Still not messing with Avatar though.

Theabbot

#DemBootymeats
Daps
Reppin
Duuuuuvaaaaal!!
I watched it expecting very little and was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed it. I think people would enjoy a lot more movies if they went into them with controlled expectations.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
when you spend $250 million to make an "epic" movie and it comes out like this, the viewing public's expectations should be through the roof and rightfully so. movie was horrible from top to bottom

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
when you spend $250 million to make an "epic" movie and it comes out like this, the viewing public's expectations should be through the roof and rightfully so. movie was horrible from top to bottom

I agree, but I don't understand how they didn't get at least one major A-list actor to be in this movie. I think if it had some star power, it wouldn't have flopped :manny:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
The marketing is what made it flopped

I've probably said this ad nasueum, but literally everything they did caused it to flop.

- Release a movie based on a 100+ year old text, that has already been copied 100 times. The fact that it came first means nothing when we've seen basically everything in the movie already in far superior movies.

- Cast 2 unknown leads - a scrawny pretty boy who only the million or so people who watch "Friday Night Lights" would know, and some pretty, yet non-descript British chick.

- Stupid looking aliens.

- great but boring cgi. Who the fukk wants to look at dirt? Avatar was a massive hit b/c the scenery was "beautiful and imaginative."

- Dropping "of Mars" from the title and giving it the most generic title of all time.

- Budget obviously

- terrible trailers with terrible dialogue

and on top of everything else, the story sucked. Civil War dude gets transported to Mars to fight with the blue team, while they are fighting the red team, but he also fights for some stupid looking aliens... i dont even remember what the fukk was going on. The first ten minutes were the best part of the movie.

the movie seems like it will be taught for decades as everything not to do with a big movie release.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
John carter was an incredible movie.
The critics who gave it bad reviews.
Showed how little they knew and how inexperienced, they were in films of this genre.

Complete A plus, for this movie.
Not to mention, it is a great gateway for children to watch the original star wars trilogy as well.

Highly recommend thumbs up....

Art Barr

If you hate star wars,...
I know you have the moral fiber of lice on a rodent.