John Carter was the most underrated film of 2012

Conz

Superstar
Daps
It was a summer action movie, with good cgi, decent acting and a decent storyline.

Was it supposed to be a thought-provoking, oscar-worthy thriller?

They took a sci-fi story from 70 years ago and made a film that was true to the story

... and still it wasn't a good movie. the best part of the movie was pre-Mars.

the cgi was good, but the aliens, the 2 other armies, etc were stupid looking. there was nothing "cool" about this movie.

This movie HAD to be underrated, it was the most panned flop of the year. of course it was being called "underrated" by people.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
... and still it wasn't a good movie. the best part of the movie was pre-Mars.

the cgi was good, but the aliens, the 2 other armies, etc were stupid looking. there was nothing "cool" about this movie.

This movie HAD to be underrated, it was the most panned flop of the year. of course it was being called "underrated" by people.

It was underrated because no one went and saw it.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
It was underrated because no one went and saw it.

b/c it didn't appeal to anyone. a bunch of stupid looking aliens battling warriors in suspenders and a non imposing no name lead. it was set up to fail from day one. one of the most misguided Hollywood greenlights... probably ever.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
:what: the movie is based on the book, the book precedes avatar etc The movie that is based on the books came out after avatar. So what is your question exactly?
It doesn't matter what story predates what. If you release a movie with a similar storyline as Avatar, weeks after Avatar is released then your movie isn't going to do shyt in terms of box office numbers. That is precisely the reason I didn't see it. The movie made it look like it was the same basic storyline as Avatar. And I had just saw Avatar which was one of the most amazing movie experiences I've ever had. So I didn't see John Carter.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Avatar was a "beautiful" world with vivid colors and scenery. John Carter was dirt and sand.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
b/c it didn't appeal to anyone. a bunch of stupid looking aliens battling warriors in suspenders and a non imposing no name lead. it was set up to fail from day one. one of the most misguided Hollywood greenlights... probably ever.

Very underrated....

Conz

Superstar
Daps
movie sucked.

Disney hasn't made a great live action blockbuster in a while. The past 2 Pirates were average, Alice in Wonderland sucked, Prince of Persia sucked, the Sorcerer's Apprentice sucked, Tron sucked. As far as I know the rest of those made bank, this one didn't and deservedly so

Marvel is a different bird. Avengers was obviously massive.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
It doesn't matter what story predates what. If you release a movie with a similar storyline as Avatar, weeks after Avatar is released then your movie isn't going to do shyt in terms of box office numbers. That is precisely the reason I didn't see it. The movie made it look like it was the same basic storyline as Avatar. And I had just saw Avatar which was one of the most amazing movie experiences I've ever had. So I didn't see John Carter.

Disney fukked up by not marketing and using the popularity of the books. This was the inspiration for flash gorden which was the inspiration for Star wars etc.......

They should have went with this being original Scifi epic. But then they would have started ads like a year before.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns

Oh, i though there was a question involved, but you were just stating your opinion. Gotcha.