John Carter was the most underrated film of 2012

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Disney made some piece of crap "Mars needs Mom" and panicked. If that was such a huge flop, why the hell would anyone even know about it? Dropping "of Mars" from the title was so stupid. Who made that decision? "John Carter" was the most generic movie title of the past 20 years.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Disney made some piece of crap "Mars needs Mom" and panicked. If that was such a huge flop, why the hell would anyone even know about it? Dropping "of Mars" from the title was so stupid. Who made that decision? "John Carter" was the most generic movie title of the past 20 years.

they prob thought it was more well known then it was. :ld:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
they prob thought it was more well known then it was. :ld:

that's the thing. people try to stick up for it by saying "it's a famous book! The guy who wrote Tarzan!"

100 year old piece of literature that isn't required reading. And you think kids give a flying fukk about Tarzan?

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
that's the thing. people try to stick up for it by saying "it's a famous book! The guy who wrote Tarzan!"

100 year old piece of literature that isn't required reading. And you think kids give a flying fukk about Tarzan?

yeah they should have done better ads. I think they wanted it to fail though. Or they thought they could ride that avatar wave.

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
I got the movie as something to look at while I was at work and man, it was alright to me. I liked everything about it. And the main chick in the movie was pretty sexy. Overall, it was a good story to me. I don't know what they could have done to make it more money, I guess the marketing could have been better but you saw it all the time. I don't know, but it was a good movie with a good story.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
The book is from the 1950's if im not wrong. The idea precedes star wars aswell.

They also made a movie about this before, think it was called "Princess of mar" or something.. Its on Netflix and dont waste your time watching it..lol

YBE

Banned
Daps
I saw it in the theaters. I never understood the hate for it. Sometimes I think people just go with the status quo and hate even if they never saw it themselves.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i can say you're just going against the status quo to be different

everything about the trailer, down to the dialogue "this is our land!" "you are ugly, but you are beautiful." "you are John Carter... of Earth" were terrible.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
underrated no..but it was solid enjoyable movie. maybe it's because i've read the books but the pacing was horrid imo.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I watched it, it was a pretty bad movie that it isn't even in the same league
as Avatar, same basic storyline vastly different execution.

By the end of avatar, I know what they were fighting for, what their culture was like,
what humanity was there for, etc.
By the end of John Carter I hardly knew anything about the universe and didn't care much for their conflict (and to be honest I can't even recall what it was...) I guess
they figured the fancy CG effects would entertain me over the long run time.

Pocahontas in Space done right = Avatar
Pocahontas in Space done wrong = John carter

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I watched it, it was a pretty bad movie that it isn't even in the same league
as Avatar, same basic storyline vastly different execution.

By the end of avatar, I know what they were fighting for, what their culture was like,
what humanity was there for, etc.
By the end of John Carter I hardly knew anything about the universe and didn't care much for their conflict (and to be honest I can't even recall what it was...) I guess
they figured the fancy CG effects would entertain me over the long run time.

Pocahontas in Space done right = Avatar
Pocahontas in Space done wrong = John carter

:childplease:

John Carter was better than overrated Avatar.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I saw John Carter last weekend on On Demand only cuz my pops said it was good, but he fukked with the books though.

Movie was actually pretty decent. Story was straight, the action scenes were nice and the pace of the movie was good. It never felt boring or too long even though the movie is 2 hrs.

I enjoyed it more than a lot of movies nikkas talk about. shyt was better than Hancock.