TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
just watched on demand today..did not deserve the hate it got was a solid movie

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it basically the same storyline as avatar? Not saying avatar had an original storyline but John Carter came out right after.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
shyt was aight....funniest scene was when Heisenberg was tryna interrogate/recruit JC..i :laugh: at how that shyt went down.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it basically the same storyline as avatar? Not saying avatar had an original storyline but John Carter came out right after.

The book is from the 1950's if im not wrong. The idea precedes star wars aswell.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
it was just a generic dumb movie that came out too late

this.

there was nothing special about it whatsoever.

it DOES NOT MATTER if the book proceeds all the stories that borrowed from it. At that point you should just :ld: shrug and say "We're not brining anything new to cinema."

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
this.

there was nothing special about it whatsoever.

it DOES NOT MATTER if the book proceeds all the stories that borrowed from it. At that point you should just :ld: shrug and say "We're not brining anything new to cinema."

It was a summer action movie, with good cgi, decent acting and a decent storyline.

Was it supposed to be a thought-provoking, oscar-worthy thriller?

They took a sci-fi story from 70 years ago and made a film that was true to the story

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
I know the book is old as fukk but the movie picked the worst time to be released if the storyline is the same as avatar

Disney changed the name of it a couple times....did horrible marketing and the trailer made people not want to see it.

When people did actually see it, most said it was underrated

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Disney changed the name of it a couple times....did horrible marketing and the trailer made people not want to see it.

When people did actually see it, most said it was underrated
The previews made it seem like it was the same storyline as avatar, human dude saving a native species on a foreign planet... I might have to peep it though

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
The previews made it seem like it was the same storyline as avatar, human dude saving a native species on a foreign planet... I might have to peep it though

Thats exactly what turned people away imo. I saw the movie because I about it during production. It has some similar themes with Avatar with the whole human on another planet thing, but it has its own story. Check it out.