John Boyega Says He Won’t Return to ‘Star Wars’ Franchise | VARIETY.com

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
How EXACTLY is he “behind” any of them? Do you understand acting? Its not athletics, it doesn’t matter who “debuted” first, use your brain.

He starred in blockbuster movies BEFORE any of the actors you listed.

That's my damn point :mjtf:.

He was in a mainstream blockbuster role BEFORE any of those actors and should be bigger than all of them as a result, as Star Wars should of catapulted him into higher stardom.

He should be where Michael B Jordan is, which is being the go to black male leading actor under 40.

Now he's even behind the other group of actors I mentioned who have come AFTER him. Actors who are getting MAINSTEAM ROLES by big studios. When it should have been HIM being offered those roles FIRST if Star Wars did what you're telling me it did.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
It actually DOES mean she's getting more work, because the Reva character will be back for another series.

And what series is that?

Actor getting work on major platform >>>>actor not being known

That's not how is works in Hollyweird :mjlol:

Avatar was once the movie that made the most money, Yet studio's STOPPED calling Sam Worthington's (the lead cac actor) phone for franchises and mainstream leading roles.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Black upcoming actors shouldn't bother with Star Wars.

You get nothing out of it.

It doesn't elevate your career, you end up playing a stereotype, you get racist abuse from a racist fanbase which means they won't even care to check out your other projects.

Facts look at the sista in Obi Wan, she literally earth Vaders #2 in charge cutting heads off all over the galaxy and cacs on her IG being Cacs

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
i remember watching that first teaser dropping in 2014 and him being the first person that showed up....like "damn we bout to get a black stormtrooper jedi who is about to bring the empire down:ohhh:".

Then after watching the first film i was somewhat letdown, but still hopeful because he could still become that jedi.......but i was too hopeful....forgetting how they portray black folk in hollywood.....they turned him into a super simp chasing his pawg through the galaxy.

fukkkk Rian Johnson.
That Trailer got a lot of mofos hyped… imagine a black storm trooper getting at the Sith Lord :wow:

Yeah Hollywood/Disney dropped that ball on that shyt big time

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
I don't get it how chinese people were racist as fukk towards him. The government and shyt that controls the movie industry wanted the breh hidden but all the young cats love basketball, Kobe and Lebron. I guess I answered my own question. old heads racist as fukk still.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
That cop out from the trailer is unforgivable. They really marketed that shyt as if he was a force sensitive storm trooper.
Which is infinitely more interesting than what his character really became. Im a sequel trilogy apologist (i did enjoy the first two films) but they fukked him over to basically being a bumbling simp and it wasnt till after episode 9 came out that they were like “no he wasnt going to tell rey he loved her but that hes force sensitive” another fukking cop out for that POS film.

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
I don't blame him because I haven't seen an actor face the abuse he received when he was just doing his job. Also, the racist star wars fanbase put me off the franchise to be honest. I wasn't the biggest star wars fan but made me not care about future films and TV shows.
I have always been a huge Star Wars stan since young. My dad had me and my brother watching all things sci fi. Gave us all the Star Wars toys. When I got older I found the books and read most of them ( a lot of them are excellent ). Seen all the movies of course.

The bullshyt the fans did to him had me 😡. shyt was so crazy.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I don't blame him. That hack Rian Johnson butchered his character and he had to put up with a bunch of racist a$$holes.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I don't blame him because I haven't seen an actor face the abuse he received when he was just doing his job. Also, the racist star wars fanbase put me off the franchise to be honest. I wasn't the biggest star wars fan but made me not care about future films and TV shows.
I still like the franchise(Battlefront II for PS4 :wow: ) but the fanbase is one of the worst fanbases you'll ever encounter with anything, only soccer and Boston fans are worse imo.