John Boyega Says He Won’t Return to ‘Star Wars’ Franchise | VARIETY.com

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
They had ole girl fall in Love with Fake Ass darth Vadar in the end :laff:
In the early part of the force awakens he tried to do the "dude grabs the hand of the girl and they run together bit" that's common in other movies/tv shows and she basically said "Un-hand me black man." :mjpls:

Just to let the cacs watching know that nothing was ever going to happen between them so don't worry :mjpls:

And it went downhill from there when he mentioned that he was a Storm Trooper but was also a janitor :mjpls:

Apparently the only Black man in the entire movie was a....space.....janitor :mjpls:

Those crackas never stop...

Last edited:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't blame him because I haven't seen an actor face the abuse he received when he was just doing his job. Also, the racist star wars fanbase put me off the franchise to be honest. I wasn't the biggest star wars fan but made me not care about future films and TV shows.

Same. And they ended up with a garbage ass series because they wanted to focus on Rey and Kylo when the story was Rey, Finn and Poe.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Black upcoming actors shouldn't bother with Star Wars.

You get nothing out of it.

It doesn't elevate your career, you end up playing a stereotype, you get racist abuse from a racist fanbase which means they won't even care to check out your other projects.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
His career hasn't declined he won a Golden Globe and a Critics Choice Award recently and he has THREE movies coming out this year

Of course it's declined :mjtf:

Boyega came BEFORE the likes The breh from Get Out, Denzel's son, Lakeith, Yahya Mateen, Jonathan Majors etc

Yet he is BEHIND ALL of them.

He right now should be on the same level as Michael B Jordan.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Black upcoming actors shouldn't bother with Star Wars.

You get nothing out of it.

It doesn't elevate your career, you end up playing a stereotype, you get racist abuse from a racist fanbase which means they won't even care to check out your other projects.
It definitely helped Moses Ingram

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Cuz she's getting her own slow after being unknown prior to this year.

What show is this?

Did you know who Moses Ingram was prior to Obi-Wan? I know I didn't.

That doesn't mean she's going to get more work or that her career is going to elevate because was she in the show :mjtf:

A show in which her association is known more for the racist backlash she received rather than her acting skills or the character she played.

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
i remember watching that first teaser dropping in 2014 and him being the first person that showed up....like "damn we bout to get a black stormtrooper jedi who is about to bring the empire down:ohhh:".

Then after watching the first film i was somewhat letdown, but still hopeful because he could still become that jedi.......but i was too hopeful....forgetting how they portray black folk in hollywood.....they turned him into a super simp chasing his pawg through the galaxy.

fukkkk Rian Johnson.

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
What show is this?

That doesn't mean she's going to get more work or that her career is going to elevate because was she in the show :mjtf:

A show in which her association is known more for the racist backlash she received rather than her acting skills or the character she played.
It actually DOES mean she's getting more work, because the Reva character will be back for another series.
Actor getting work on major platform >>>>actor not being known
So quit smiley spamming and being difficult

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Of course it's declined :mjtf:

Boyega came BEFORE the likes The breh from Get Out, Denzel's son, Lakeith, Yahya Mateen, Jonathan Majors etc

Yet he is BEHIND ALL of them.

He right now should be on the same level as Michael B Jordan.

How EXACTLY is he “behind” any of them? Do you understand acting? Its not athletics, it doesn’t matter who “debuted” first, use your brain.

He starred in blockbuster movies BEFORE any of the actors you listed. Star Wars and Pacific Rim predate Black Panther, Aquaman, and The Matrix Resurrections, etc.

Boyega, in 2022, has THREE movies coming out, 2 of which he has top billing. Since 2013, there hasn’t been a year where he hasn’t released a project. As an actor, he’s more critically acclaimed than Yahya Mateen, Lakeith Stanfield, and John David Washington. He’s also more awarded than all three of them. In actuality, the only actor whose experienced more critical acclaim and been more awarded IS Daniel Kaluuya.

Walter H White

All Star
Daps
The character arc is finished anyway. They aren't continuing on with characters from that trilogy. Maybe a disney+ animated series.

Last edited: