Joe Montana is still the GOAT in my eyes

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Joe Montana started 16 games in a season just twice his whole career. That’s despite

1.)His primary HC being a top 3 offensive mind in the history of the sport
2.)Playing in a revolutionary offense his entire career that took the rest of the league years to slow down
3.)Excellent offensive lines year in and year out
4.)Great pass catching options including RBs out of the backfield like Roger Craig.

For example his contemporary Dan Marino started 16 games 11 times in his career. He was kinda frail for even his own time. It’s one of the reasons Walsh was a genius to invest in a great backup because you couldn’t rely on him to stay healthy year in and year out.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
What’s hilarious is that after the Patriots beat the Falcons he anointed Brady the GOAT but hate and stannery wouldn’t allow him to keep that energy. He’s been copying and pasting the same posts for 6 years now.
I didn't know this. :ohhh: So @JLova is just shyt posting.

Last edited:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Now you’re trolling

How? All I said is the league today is easier than it has ever been.

You can make the case for either QB being the GOAT. But instead you and others in an attempt to anoint your boy have pushed this narrative that QBs of today are all so much better than they were previously then go on to say that rule changes have made things easier...hence my point.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

In the moment I said that...but now that his career is over, we're able to reflect. You want to call him the GOAT, good, you can make many cases for that. But you can do the same for Joe. If you have a hard time accepting that I don't give a shyt. Joe played in a rougher league which cut his career short. If you want to say Staubach did the same shyt...I don't disagree. It's. just a weak ass argument to devalue all the other greats so you can suck off Brady. It's sad that folk resort to shyt like that.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
In the moment I said that...but now that his career is over, we're able to reflect. You want to call him the GOAT, good, you can make many cases for that. But you can do the same for Joe. If you have a hard time accepting that I don't give a shyt. Joe played in a rougher league which cut his career short. If you want to say Staubach did the same shyt...I don't disagree. It's. just a weak ass argument to devalue all the other greats so you can suck off Brady. It's sad that folk resort to shyt like that.
:laff: :laff: :laff: @ thinking I read this shyt. I’m just over you arguing variations of the same points every day for 5 years. And @mastermind already debunked that other shyt you said.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:laff: :laff: :laff: @ thinking I read this shyt. I’m just over you arguing variations of the same points every day for 5 years. And @mastermind already debunked that other shyt you said.

What was debunked exactly? Rule changes have made the league easier for the QB over time. That can't be debunked. "but but but Sean Salisbury" =/= debunked. I'm not trying to convince Brady stans.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
How? All I said is the league today is easier than it has ever been.

You can make the case for either QB being the GOAT. But instead you and others in an attempt to anoint your boy have pushed this narrative that QBs of today are all so much better than they were previously then go on to say that rule changes have made things easier...hence my point.
Nocf.gif

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
When is someone gonna actually address the fact that 43 out of the top 50 passing seasons came from the past ten years. We're on about 3 or 4 pages now of dodging that...

"bu bu what about the 70s.." :dahell:

Was this thread about the 70s? Or was it about two players specifically? Two facts here are indisputable..

1. it's far easier to throw for more yards and more TDs than ever before.. That's not a debate.

2. The rule changes from '04 and '06 allow for far less of a physical toll on QBs. That allows them to play longer if they want because they aren't as banged up. That's also not a debate.

• Dap
Reactions: Sbp

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
When is someone gonna actually address the fact that 43 out of the top 50 passing seasons came from the past ten years. We're on about 3 or 4 pages now of dodging that...

"bu bu what about the 70s.." :dahell:

Was this thread about the 70s? Or was it about two players specifically? Two facts here are indisputable..

1. it's far easier to throw for more yards and more TDs than ever before.. That's not a debate.

2. The rule changes from '04 and '06 allow for far less of a physical toll on QBs. That allows them to play longer if they want because they aren't as banged up. That's also not a debate.
1Jsk.gif