Joe Budden Says Future NOT A Mega-star, Twitter in Disarray

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
yep

Jay-Z can stop an airport

honestly 50 Cent is a step below Jay-Z and above Future in terms of being a megastar. Future can walk safetly down the street. Future is very popular but he is almost like TI. Remember that video of TIP getting gas and dude safely walking up and taking a pic. Thats how it is with famous people. You not gonna catch Jay-Z getting gas.

I think Jay got more internationally known later in his career, I'd say around the time The Black Album dropped

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He's definitely a superstar but I've a few comments in here say Cole was a mega star :RussellMartBrook:

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
yep

honestly 50 Cent is a step below Jay-Z and above Future in terms of being a megastar. Future can walk safetly down the street. Future is very popular but he is almost like TI. Remember that video of TIP getting gas and dude safely walking up and taking a pic. Thats how it is with famous people. You not gonna catch Jay-Z getting gas.
How big do you think guys like TI and Luda were in their primes ?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
joe is right
only megastars in hip hop right now are drake, jay-z and kanye. 50 and puff used to be megastars

i don't even think kendrick is there yet, hes a superstar like j cole. future is a superstar as well

Kendrick outsold Drake's first week though...

Kendrick is most definitely a megastar.

I agree with everything else.

And honestly it's not fair to compare ANY current day entertainer to MJ. That's just unfair. MJ is the megastar of megastars, the only other entities in his stratosphere are Prince and mayyyyyyybbbeeeee Madonna (Beyoncé will get there as well)

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Kendrick outsold Drake's first week though...

Kendrick is most definitely a megastar.

I agree with everything else.

And honestly it's not fair to compare ANY current day entertainer to MJ. That's just unfair. MJ is the megastar of megastars, the only other entities in his stratosphere are Prince and mayyyyyyybbbeeeee Madonna (Beyoncé will get there as well)
MJ was the most famous entertainer to ever walk this earth and it's not even close.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
like someone else said, anyone who thinks future is a superstar is probably too young to remember the Em/50 era.
Nah I'm 30

There's a reason why Em is referred to as "the great white hype"

50 just rode his coattails at the time

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
in 2017 tho?

people will be like "oh thats LL" but I dont think he would stop an airport. Maybe in 09 and before that but now...no....almost like Ice T status.

You mean Ice-T who STARS on one of the biggest shows in America Law and Order SVU Ice T. Geico Lemonade commercial Ice-T? Fairly certain more people know ICE-T than Future

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
yep

You don't know what your talking about

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
like someone else said, anyone who thinks future is a superstar is probably too young to remember the Em/50 era.

He ain't no fukking superstar PERIOD. Nelly in his PRIME was a Superstar. EM, 50 Cent. Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg, etc... .shyt PRIME Busta Rhymes is bigger than Future ever was.