Joe Budden Says Future NOT A Mega-star, Twitter in Disarray

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Eh, he's there. Future is pretty mainstream. I don't know what the difference between a MEGA STAR and a SUPER STAR other than Joe Budden wants attention?

Let's not say OH EMINEM SOLD 10 million records in 2000! This is 17 years later. People don't stream Eminem's music in heavy numbers. That's a different era. No need to compare. The average white soccer mom knows Future now, just like they did when Eminem was popular.

Future is in massive marketing campaigns, he dominates streaming, he is a well known guy all over the Internet, etc. He's as big as those guys were in his own era.

shut up cac :scust:

trash posting and trash opinions

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Social media be gassing these dudes up man. I wish it was possible to see what all these guys could do if they had nothing more than just putting out a video, doing interviews, and then releasing the album. Future is a megastar but this dude can't even put one album out and let it marinate before putting out another one. Man people be thinking a Future song is on one album but it be a some from 3 albums ago lol. This is just Futures time right now, he ain't no megastar

TheRtist

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:At people saying Jay ain't a megastar, guess you didn't see his recent trip to Jamaica and what Damian Marley said how they respect him out there

yep

Jay-Z can stop an airport

honestly 50 Cent is a step below Jay-Z and above Future in terms of being a megastar. Future can walk safetly down the street. Future is very popular but he is almost like TI. Remember that video of TIP getting gas and dude safely walking up and taking a pic. Thats how it is with famous people. You not gonna catch Jay-Z getting gas.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only superstars in rap are Hov, Drake, and Eminem.

Forgot Kanye. I dont care how we feel about him now, Kanye is a megastar.

But that's it.

Joe is right; no one else in the game is even close to touching this level. We're talking sales, hits, visibility... the entire package.

And if you go up another level to the biggest megastars, regardless of genre, I dont know if all 4 of them even make the cut. But that's an argument for another day.

TheRtist

Superstar
Daps
Rapper on a Megastar level

LL
snoop
Drake
Nicki -borderline
kanye
em
jay

in 2017 tho?

people will be like "oh thats LL" but I dont think he would stop an airport. Maybe in 09 and before that but now...no....almost like Ice T status.

TheRtist

Superstar
Daps
Beyonce is the thing that makes it tricky. Jay Z hasn't sold a fraction of what Eminem sold internationally.

Kanye & 50 both outsold him with less albums in the UK. So how can Jay Z be a global megastar?

history alone.

He is the closest active artist to Notorious BIG.