Joe Budden: "It says something that nobody outside of Birdman is saying something in support of Drake." Drake violates the friend code

Van Cleef

All Star
Daps
This is something that's been a long time coming but not specifically for Drake.
It just so happens that Drake is the latest example.
Dame Dash, Beanie Siegel, Kanye, Puff, Russell Simmons, etc. The falls from grace are piling up and becoming more severe.
The larger issue is that for whatever reason, beginning in the 2000's, many Black celebrities, primarily musicians and athletes, feel that success entitles them to be as obnoxious, egotistic, unscrupulous, and arrogant as possible.
Jay-Z was one of the early adopters of this behavior along with his partner Dame Dash leading the charge. But since splitting from Dame, Jay seems to have changed course.
While there have always been out of control celebrities, Black and otherwise, it seems to have reached a new level in the last 25 years.
Drake is the poster boy for someone who started out normal and turned into a complete piece of shyt before our eyes.
This is a long coming course correction in social energy.
Drake can't help that he is better than everyone... why be humble? to make underachievers feel comfortable?

lib123

All Star
Daps
This is something that's been a long time coming but not specifically for Drake.
Dame Dash, Beanie Siegel, Kanye, Puff, Russell Simmons, etc. The falls from grace are piling up and becoming more severe.
The larger issue is that for whatever reason, beginning in the 2000's, many Black celebrities, primarily musicians and athletes, feel that success entitles them to be as obnoxious, egotistic, unscrupulous, and arrogant as possible.
Jay-Z was one of the early adopters of this behavior along with his partner Dame Dash leading the charge. But since splitting from Dame, Jay seems to have changed course.
While there have always been out of control celebrities, Black and otherwise, it seems to have reached a new level in the last 25 years.
Drake is the poster boy for someone who started out normal and turned into a complete piece of shyt before our eyes.

It’s interesting that White celebrities don’t get that arrogant label nearly as often as Black celebrities, including by other Black people. I haven’t heard a single Black public figure like Joe Budden call Lyor Cohen arrogant.

Yas

Banned
Daps
I don't agree because they are clearly hating Kendrick have never cared for drake. The only thing I can say is that now drake understand how Megan feels.

Yas

Banned
Daps
I agree with all this except the bolded, hes for sure knocked down some underage teeny boppers. Im like 50% convinced at this point.
What proof do you have? And why would your fave Kendrick use it in a pointless battle rap instead of reporting him?

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
That shyt has been happening since the 60s. Peep the oldschool black hollywood thread. Lots of fukkery back then. Especially motown era

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He even mentioned her on Family Matters...

Corny as hell. No idea why the blogs didn't pick up on it or mention it

When he was dissing ASAP in Family Matters, the part where he says to ask "Fring" next time he cuddling with her, "Fring" is the nickname he had for Rihanna when they was together
ASAP Rocky tried get some clout by rapping about sleeping with Drake’s baby mother. He literally tried to jump on the pile. It was a stupid angle to take when Drake was with Rihanna way before ASAP was.

He didn’t diss Rihanna, he just stated the facts.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What artists have openly supported Kendrick besides people on his label or old washed up guys from the west coast?

I’m legitimately asking.

• Dap
Reactions: Yas

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
ASAP Rocky tried get some clout by rapping about sleeping with Drake’s baby mother. He literally tried to jump on the pile. It was a stupid angle to take when Drake was with Rihanna way before ASAP was.

He didn’t diss Rihanna, he just stated the facts.

ASAP dissed Drake because he dissed Rihanna on his For All The Dogs Album on "Fear Of Heights"

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
He got curved on stage in front of millions at an award show
Fair enough. Ov-h0e
He even mentioned her on Family Matters...

Corny as hell. No idea why the blogs didn't pick up on it or mention it

When he was dissing ASAP in Family Matters, the part where he says to ask "Fring" next time he cuddling with her, "Fring" is the nickname he had for Rihanna when they was together
A$AP gotta hit this man with a crowbar or sum after that. Ain't no bars after that.
Also, Rihanna must have that Badu good good. Cuz mans been tweaking off jer for a decade.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Fair enough. Ov-h0e

A$AP gotta hit this man with a crowbar or sum after that. Ain't no bars after that.
Also, Rihanna must have that Badu good good. Cuz mans been tweaking off jer for a decade.

Yep you right. ASAP needs to get his weight up and pull up on him

fukk the bars and modeling

He dissed her on For All The Dogs Too On "Fear of Heights"

Why they make it sound like I'm still hung up on you? :comeon:
That could never be
Gyal can't run me :comeon:
Better him than me
Better it's not me
I'm anti, I'm anti(name of her last album)
Yeah, and the sex was average with you :russ:
Yeah, I'm anti 'cause I had it with you
Okay, I'm auntie like your daddy's sister
Auntie like a family picture
And I had way badder bytches than you, TBH

Yeah, that man, he still with you, he can't leave you
Y'all go on vacation, I bet it's Antigua