Joe Budden and Crooked I say "It Was Written" was even better than "Illmatic"

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
Not to mention the fact that, the lyrics of this song are basically him rifling through his backpack, giddily namedropping all the nerdy, contrarian horseshyt he finds in there.

Classic my ass.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
Not to mention the fact that, the lyrics of this song are basically him rifling through his backpack, giddily namedropping all the nerdy, contrarian horseshyt he finds in there.

Classic my ass.

he's the worst. i don't get how anyone could like him. i feel the same way about Kanye. Like, how do you not wanna punch the speakers when you hear them?

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
Oh ok...It's entertaining to you to hear about slavery, war, and disease safely from the suburbs. Gotcha.

:birdman: have you ever had several bombs go off a few dozen yards from you? have you lost a bunch of your schoolmates killed in terrorist attacks? has your community ever had people hacked to death for being in the wrong religion? did your family members get left for dead after having spears chucked through them for being in the wrong religion? have your cousins died in massive chemical explosions? has your house ever had windows taped to prevent them from shattering inwards when missiles land?

And even if that wasn't part of my life, you still have made no point, and you know it. The nerve of you to suggest artists shouldn't talk about war. Fukk you.

Good God, you're a clown.

you took the words right out of my mouth. I'm sure you'll find a lot of meaning in whatever mindless bullsh1t you find cosigned by idiot hipsters today. go listen to that.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:birdman: have you ever had several bombs go off a few dozen yards from you? have you lost a bunch of your schoolmates killed in terrorist attacks? has your community ever had people hacked to death for being in the wrong religion? did your family members get left for dead after having spears chucked through them for being in the wrong religion? have your cousins died in massive chemical explosions? has your house ever had windows taped to prevent them from shattering inwards when missiles land?

Damn, didn't know you were from Gary Indiana.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone

And even if that wasn't part of my life, you still have made no point, and you know it. The nerve of you to suggest artists shouldn't talk about war. Fukk you.

you took the words right out of my mouth. I'm sure you'll find a lot of meaning in whatever mindless bullsh1t you find cosigned by idiot hipsters today. go listen to that.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!

THE NERVE!

this is the perfect Lupe fan that i picture in my head.

Clem

Get out my way, pimpin'.
Daps
Reppin
California
LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!

THE NERVE!

this is the perfect Lupe fan that i picture in my head.

Dude is proving everything everyone said to be true. But lol @ him still with that bullshyt post-Lasers.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique

:wtb: the post before you said it was about "life experience, thoughts of an artist"... im unaware lupe is a wartime journalist secretly covering attrocities. smart dumb nikka syndrome is the only way lupe is sick

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
:wtb: the post before you said it was about "life experience, thoughts of an artist"... im unaware lupe is a wartime journalist secretly covering attrocities. smart dumb nikka syndrome is the only way lupe is sick

are you guys lobotomized? The man asked whether I've learned anything new from Lupe. I said I don't have to learn anything new from a song to find it incredible. He tried to pull that bullsh1t, pointless move about how I supposedly find war and disease entertaining while being in the suburbs. I'm sorry, if you're in America you're ensconced by peace and security in a way the rest of the world isn't. Maybe I have a closer knowledge of conflict, disease and savagery than most non-military americans ever will. And again, even if I didn't, the "oh so you find death entertaining" jab is completely illogical and you know it.

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
I know a lot of people that feel the same way, usually its the ones who became Nas fans because of IWW and actually heard that album before they heard Illmatic.

I'm with you here. IWW was one of the first rap albums I "LOVED", I became a fan of Illmatic later because of it's rawness, but my love for IWW will never die and it put me on another level of hiphop as a young kid when it dropped.

I remember "Sam Goody" had a free sampler of IWW on tape that I grabbed (which had the original version of "Silent Murder") on it. I was like 9 when I had that shyt. And eventually my older cousin had the album and every Sunday I would borrow that album from him.

Great shyt. :jawalrus: