Joe Biden says get off his nuts and explains once and for all why the gas is so high

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
Buybacks and dividends do the same thing
Ehhh… kind of. But buybacks, in my opinion create artificial value. Sure the shareholder will see gains, but it’s based on, what I think is, manipulation of the stock price. Dividends give the shareholder an actual return on their investment, not some speculative return.

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Well can't he make these corporations pay taxes since they are a company based in america???:what: why give them loopholes in the first fukking place!??
Y'all overestimate the power the president has. U.S. Government was designed with checks and balances between the branches

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Ehhh… kind of. But buybacks, in my opinion create artificial value. Sure the shareholder will see gains, but it’s based on, what I think is, manipulation of the stock price. Dividends give the shareholder an actual return on their investment, not some speculative return.
Share buybacks aren’t speculative. When the company buys back it’s shares the price of those shares increase. That’s real profit shareholders, not speculative.

Also, company usually do share buybacks when they’re sitting on extra cash which means the company should theorectically being doing well financially.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
And whose fault was it that it didn't get passed? The same Manchin and Sinema that people on here insisted wouldn't be a problem and that Biden could get them both in line. Let's also not pretend like Democrats didn't torch their own leverage in separating the bills and thus giving Manchin all the leverage to say no.

That's on Biden, Nancy and Chuck as they are the Democratic Leadership and that's their job to get their party members in line. If you insist otherwise, then you're proving my point.

Interesting how it's everyone else's fault but the people who actually voted against it (Manchin, Sinema, and the GOP).

I've called out Biden in the past for being naive about Manchin/Sinema/Republicans, but they're ultimately culpable for their own actions.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Y'all overestimate the power the president has. U.S. Government was designed with checks and balances between the branches
Nobody is overestimating his power. HE said himself that due to sanctions, gas prices would increase and that WE Americans would have to foot the bill. HE said himself that he should be elected because of his ability to get things done.

Now he’s blaming a company for being profitable. Companies like Exxon pay the taxes according to the tax code that our government creates. If they don’t pay enough taxes it’s not their fault, blame Congress.

It’s his job as president to propose policy and negotiate effectively to get things accomplished. He can’t even get his own party in line. First he blamed trump, then he blamed manchin, now he’s blaming Exxon. This is what politicians do when they don’t have an agenda and can’t negotiate effectively.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Interesting how it's everyone else's fault but the people who actually voted against it (Manchin, Sinema, and the GOP).

I've called out Biden in the past for being naive about Manchin/Sinema/Republicans, but they're ultimately culpable for their own actions.

Republican’s voted against it and was always going to obviously. That was never surprising Democrats said that they could get shyt done without them, which is the exact reason why they won those two GA seats.

Democrats wanted full control and that’s what voters did.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks

OPEC is only 11% of our oil imports. 11%. Thats it. You cant use that as an excuse for gas basically quadrupling in price since 2020.
I didn't........
Gas is expensive because COVID shut-down domestic oil production and OPEC has been 'price gouging' to recoup losses incurred for the past 2 years.
Y'all don't read very well.

:unimpressed:

that guy

Superstar
Daps
I know the answer to this questions, but it still doesn’t change the premise that people are trying to change the narrative and blame Congress even when they initially said it wouldn’t be a problem. Once I specifically remember people on here and in general saying that Manchin wouldn’t be a problem and look what happened.

You cannot use it as a defense when you initially used it as a campaign slogan. It don’t work like that.
Remember first it was trump, then Mitch McConnell, then manchin, then Putin, NOW it’s Exxon. I haven’t seen a president i liked in my lifetime but joe Biden by far is the most incompetent president I’ve ever seen for the simple fact that he can’t get his own party in line with his agenda if their even is one.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
These oil companies are profiting off of american natural resources. He made a good start by calling them out by name (remember when ppl condemned Trump for calling companies out by name....i thought that was smart :yeshrug:). Being tough on oil companies and talking about regulation or some other form of extra governance is smart campaign strategy. This gas shyt is really hitting people pockets and you really can't spin this particular situation and be pro business. Can't even use the "bu bu but their just leave america" plea cop on this one. Might even get to the point pressure is put on republicans to give the issue some lip service

that guy

Superstar
Daps
These oil companies are profiting off of american natural resources. He made a good start by calling them out by name (remember when ppl condemned Trump for calling companies out by name....i thought that was smart :yeshrug:). Being tough on oil companies and talking about regulation or some other form of extra governance is smart campaign strategy. This gas shyt is really hitting people pockets and you really can't spin this particular situation and be pro business. Can't even use the "bu bu but their just leave america" plea cop on this one. Might even get to the point pressure is put on republicans to give the issue some lip service
Thats what they’re supposed to do :skip:

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Nobody is overestimating his power. HE said himself that due to sanctions, gas prices would increase and that WE Americans would have to foot the bill. HE said himself that he should be elected because of his ability to get things done.

Now he’s blaming a company for being profitable. Companies like Exxon pay the taxes according to the tax code that our government creates. If they don’t pay enough taxes it’s not their fault, blame Congress.

It’s his job as president to propose policy and negotiate effectively to get things accomplished. He can’t even get his own party in line. First he blamed trump, then he blamed manchin, now he’s blaming Exxon. This is what politicians do when they don’t have an agenda and can’t negotiate effectively.
You can't blame him for Putler invading Ukraine. Sanctions are necessary to weaken Putler without putting an army on the ground.

Congress makes those laws not the president, he can lobby for his causes but Congress has the power when it's all said and done.
He's president not dictator.