Jobless Rate Hits 53-Year Low, unemployment rate fell to 3.4%

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
... no

The numbers used to derive the unemployment rate are widely available... If there was significant manipulation they would be instantly called out by Republicans and independent institutions.

In addition, the unemployment rate is a state of the health of the economy. It feeds into the stock market, treasury bond prices... There is an incentive by the private sector in ensuring government reporting is accurate as possible, in order to guide their investments and decision making accordingly.

Maybe the actual unemployment rate is 0.1% higher... roundoff error. I'd buy that. But significantly different due to manipulation? Based on nothing but anecdotes? One of three conclusions:

1. Typical coli ignorance and idiocy ("Breh and Brehs")
2. Conspiracy bullshyt
3. MAGA
Unemployment numbers don't include people who are not employed full time or unemployed or if someone isn't looking for a job altogether. So technically you could have people out of the job market for so long out of frustration that they aren't even being counted as unemployed eventhough they technically are. For posters who say that there are open jobs that aren't being filled because people don't want them, that could also be because the company isn't actually looking to fill them contrary to what they are saying.

There's a reason why some Coli posters are calling mehh on those employment numbers included myself who will call those numbers out regardless of who is in office.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
You mean they don't want to work.
Or it could be because a lot of those companies aren't looking to fill those positions contrary to popular belief. That COVID money has been long gone and a lot of these positions are still open, so where are the workers? These side hustles have been dried up for a long while now.

The question answers itself if you're willing to look at the bigger picture.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Or it could be because a lot of those companies aren't looking to fill those positions contrary to popular belief. That COVID money has been long gone and a lot of these positions are still open, so where are the workers? These side hustles have been dried up for a long while now.

The question answers itself if you're willing to look at the bigger picture.
I’d change my career path then sit on my ass unemployed.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I’d change my career path then sit on my ass unemployed.
I can’t speak for everyone else and their situation. All I can do is speak on my own. Posters are still blaming workers out here when we literally see how grimy and dirty these companies are about the bottom line.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
So much misinformation in here lol.

Boomers are a gigantic generation and are aging out of the labor force and gen Z is a small generation incapable of replacing them 1:1.
Long covid is also having an impact.
Other countries like China are also facing a major demographic cliff....
This is also not a product of any party's politics...

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Unemployment is like the worst gauge to judge the conditions of people. I also love that nikkas talking about state govt positions like they don't be taking longer to hire than the average person can sustain w/o getting a proper job.
It’s actually a great gauge. low unemployment means high demand

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Unemployment numbers don't include people who are not employed full time or unemployed or if someone isn't looking for a job altogether. So technically you could have people out of the job market for so long out of frustration that they aren't even being counted as unemployed eventhough they technically are. For posters who say that there are open jobs that aren't being filled because people don't want them, that could also be because the company isn't actually looking to fill them contrary to what they are saying.

There's a reason why some Coli posters are calling mehh on those employment numbers included myself who will call those numbers out regardless of who is in office.

If you have a part time job you're not unemployed. By definition.

If you're not looking for a job, or you're not willing to work, you don't count as unemployed. What rationale is there for including this group in the unemployment numbers? As someone said, you gonna count Savannah James as unemployed?

Yeah, I know there's a reason. I've listed 3 possibilities.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
If you have a part time job you're not unemployed. By definition.

If you're not looking for a job, or you're not willing to work, you don't count as unemployed. What rationale is there for including this group in the unemployment numbers? As someone said, you gonna count Savannah James as unemployed?

Yeah, I know there's a reason. I've listed 3 possibilities.
Have you never heard of the term "true unemployment rate" and the discussion behind it over the years? That number is a lot higher than the one that's being put out for obvious reasons. Let's also not sit here and act like there aren't economist that are more adept at the subject than we are bringing up the validity of those rates. Are you going to call them MAGA as well?

Like I said, posters gotta stop whining and complaining everytime someone asks about the data behind the numbers because those type of questions get asked in the real world on a daily basis with no political agenda behind it.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Have you never heard of the term "true unemployment rate" and the discussion behind it over the years? That number is a lot higher than the one that's being put out for obvious reasons. Let's also not sit here and act like there aren't economist that are more adept at the subject than we are bringing up the validity of those rates. Are you going to call them MAGA as well?

Like I said, posters gotta stop whining and complaining everytime someone asks about the data behind the numbers because those type of questions get asked in the real world on a daily basis with no political agenda behind it.

I have. It closely tracks the reported unemployment rate. There's nothing you're saying now that wasn't applicable at any point in the past. The unemployment rate (whether "true" or reported) is low relative to past history.

This is real simple to resolve. Post a link of an economic or banking firm doubting the validity of the posted numbers.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
What team MAGA and trump himself never understood was things were always gonna be rough post pandemic. It literally was the last time in the 1900s. Best to face the music and let shyt bounce back. Trump tried to run from it and downplay it hoping he could bs himself into reelection. A common right wing talking point is downplaying vaccines.

Things are slowly turning around. It's the economy, stupid. Foh with any focus on anything else.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Stats can easily be manipulated to fit a narrative or agenda. You do know that right? If you don't believe it, then look no further than COVID and those "official" stats that the bulk of them obviously weren't entirely true.

Posters on this site gotta stop linking everything to MAGA when someone doesn't have an opinion that they don't agree with.

They didn't fake stats, you can argue on the lines of how stats are taken & what can be implicated from the results. People including the govt come to false conclusions. Just because unemployment is low, doesn't mean shyt is okay.