JJ Back For Episode IX

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I honestly don't understand what one single person finds interesting about the force awakens.

It baffles me. I'd say the critics loving it baffles me too but they've always been blinded by nostalgia for star wars.

I still remember walking out of the theater of force awakens with this face :hhh:

I went completely dark on media and ads for THAT?A fukking remake?

And people kill me with that "it's got great characters" :gladbron:

No the fukk it doesn't. Kylo Ren fukking sucked. Rey was a personality less Mary sue. Finn was an absolute joke. Not Yoda was laughable. Whatever oscar isaacs Character was named was a waste of time.

Force awakens is bar none the worst film I've seen in theatre in the last 10 years. What does anybody see in jj? Man has absolutely no vision of his own. He's a hack in the truest sense of the word.

It's sadly ironic that a series that came into the game and was a trail blazer and redefined cinema is now the symbol of the lost stale,safe,bland film making in the industry.

Grown man children's obsession with nostalgia is truly the woat thing currently happening to the film industry.

People don't want originality. They want the shyt from their childhood regurgitated into their faces like baby birds.

Hopefully Rian Johnson does something interesting with the next one before jj shyts out another bland derivative easily digestible garbage pile for the unwashed masses to gobble down.
Last Jedi doesn't even look that interesting to me I just don't give a fukk about this new trilogy tbh. Give me dope spin-offs :yeshrug:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Part of me thinks that but also it really depends on what Johnson does. He has to finish the story and it has to make sense. He could still do a faux return of the Jedi but I don't see Chris Terrio going that route and that along with Johnsons film may force him to do something outside of himself
You know who you are talking about. You saw what he did with star trek into darkness. Star wars will be no different.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You know who you are talking about. You saw what he did with star trek into darkness. Star wars will be no different.
Yeah but like i said the difference with into darkness is he was following himself. He has to follow what Johnson did now and that SHOULD make it tougher for him to follow his impulses to copy. Should. Not saying it will but I'm an optimistic fellow

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Yes Man is back. The majority of his films tend to share beats, and while his films goes gangbusters at the box office they all feel too similar. Star Trek should not feel like Star Wars, yet that's what I felt after watching TFA a third time.

It seems like the direction at Lucasfilm is all wrong. Kennedy is taking away the main thing that makes Star Wars different than any other franchise: the creativity. Now instead of great films like Knights of the Old republic, or heir to the empire, Exar Kun or Darth Bane, we get Obi Wan, and Han Solo and Boba Fett(well, would've if Trank wasn't an unprofessional asshat).
:clap: exactly how I feel

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
I honestly don't understand what one single person finds interesting about the force awakens.

It baffles me. I'd say the critics loving it baffles me too but they've always been blinded by nostalgia for star wars.

I still remember walking out of the theater of force awakens with this face :hhh:

No the fukk it doesn't. Kylo Ren fukking sucked. Rey was a personality less Mary sue. Finn was an absolute joke. Not Yoda was laughable. Whatever oscar isaacs Character was named was a waste of time.

Force awakens is bar none the worst film I've seen in theatre in the last 10 years. What does anybody see in jj? Man has absolutely no vision of his own. He's a hack in the truest sense of the word.

It's sadly ironic that a series that came into the game and was a trail blazer and redefined cinema is now the symbol of the lost stale,safe,bland film making in the industry.

Grown man children's obsession with nostalgia is truly the woat thing currently happening to the film industry.

People don't want originality. They want the shyt from their childhood regurgitated into their faces like baby birds.

Hopefully Rian Johnson does something interesting with the next one before jj shyts out another bland derivative easily digestible garbage pile for the unwashed masses to gobble down.

Felt the same at the time :yeshrug:. Rey is a garbage main char but people were losing their minds cause of "female empowerment". Kylo Ren was a dissapointment overall. Enough's been said about Finn that I dont even want to get into it. People wanted a new Star Wars so bad they were gonna lose their minds regardless.

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Why are you nikkas mad at JJ? :what: Lucasfilm wanted a safe cookie cutter ramake with a Mary Sue and that's what JJ gave them

Also :mjlol:at the dumb nikkas hyping up Rian Johnson. You nikkas falling for the bait yet again

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H

You take this shyt too seriously bro