JJ Back For Episode IX

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
:ld:

I wanted Johnson to do it, fukk a vacation :birdman:

Anyway, JJ is meh but at this point I trust Kennedy to steer him in the right direction :mjgrin:

Brehcepticon

Adeptus Brehstartes
Supporter
Daps
When Finn dies saving Rey :wow:
ipfeGyh.gif

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
The Yes Man is back. The majority of his films tend to share beats, and while his films goes gangbusters at the box office they all feel too similar. Star Trek should not feel like Star Wars, yet that's what I felt after watching TFA a third time.

It seems like the direction at Lucasfilm is all wrong. Kennedy is taking away the main thing that makes Star Wars different than any other franchise: the creativity. Now instead of great films like Knights of the Old republic, or heir to the empire, Exar Kun or Darth Bane, we get Obi Wan, and Han Solo and Boba Fett(well, would've if Trank wasn't an unprofessional asshat).

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Guessing it has to do with JJ "nerfing" Finn's character.

Sidenote, I know they said they picked Boyega because he was the best actor and that Finn was originally supposed to be white but once they chose Boyega, they should've made conscious changes to his character.
As a black man I get that and agree to an extent. But as a writer and a creative I disagree. I'm torn on that one. If I create a character and do a color blind casting I shouldn't think of how something will look because it's now a black man instead of a white man. My character is my character and that should be that. I created a character once and got caught up in how people would react to her based on her race and I ended up softening her up based on that and changing her to the point she wasn't the character anymore and everything suffered. So I said fukk that and changed her back and everything worked again.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
@JerseyBoy23 what I'm saying is, you make your choices and you live with the consequences and rewards. You gotta be true to the story you want to tell and the characters you created. If people say fukk you then you live with that fukk you and find a way to keep it moving

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
@JerseyBoy23 what I'm saying is, you make your choices and you live with the consequences and rewards. You gotta be true to the story you want to tell and the characters you created. If people say fukk you then you live with that fukk you and find a way to keep it moving

I can see your point. I'm just thinking specifically about the part where he reveals he only worked in the garbage area. It was put there for laughs but the second time seeing it, I was kind of pissed.