JJ Back For Episode IX

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I can see your point. I'm just thinking specifically about the part where he reveals he only worked in the garbage area. It was put there for laughs but the second time seeing it, I was kind of pissed.

True but again if it were a white dude we'd either laugh or think nothing of it. Of course we're sensitive to it culturally but that's the character written as is before a black guy was cast. So like I said as a creator that's a choice you make and you live with it and own it.

CourtesyFlush

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After how hyped I was for TFA and how utterly disappointed I was, i'm not getting my hopes up again. Maybe get rid of Kylo Rens whiny spoiled ass and we'll talk.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
True but again if it were a white dude we'd either laugh or think nothing of it. Of course we're sensitive to it culturally but that's the character written as is before a black guy was cast. So like I said as a creator that's a choice you make and you live with it and own it.
I don't know how many times I said that in the TFA thread. This character was written before they knew who the fukk was playing it. Not everything is some veiled racist slight. People are really just mad because they were hoodwinked into thinking Finn was going to be a jedi in the first movie.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
Rey: I have to save you
Finn: you already have, you were right about me. Tell (Oscar Isaac's character) you were right.:mjcry:

Snoke: a mop? A janitors weapon... By now you must realize robots are fully capable and canonized to clean Imperial ships so your job has really become redundant
Finn: NOOOOO....REEEEEEY! :damn:

(Oscar Isaac's character): Finn...I'm sure he's ok
Rey: I know... I can feel it
"": you love him don't you
Rey: of course
"": ok i won't get in the way
Rey: not like that, he's a brother :mjpls:
"": ow ok gotcha :mjpls::shaq:
:laff:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
return of the jedi soft reboot confirmed :lolbron:

:mjlol:

Honestly, JJ will most likely follow "Jedi" Overall beats (Multiple battles going on at one time, emotional finale with Kylo and Rey etc). Look, this make perfect sense. JJ deserves a chance to get one more shot at it. It was either Rian or him for IX. Rian is little more cerebral so I'm fine with him getting the middle chapter. But the last Chapter has to have fireworks and Rian might be a little slower paced for that. Look Colin is really a small time independent director who struck Lightening when Spielberg picked him for "Jurassic World" and the film exploded like "The Force Awakens" and "Rouge One" based on Nostalgia. I feel much more comfortable with JJ coming back and finishing off the Trilogy. But don't be surprised when as Deltron says, you notice many beats from Jedi (Which clearly is a Legendary Film as well but is overshadowed by the great first two films).

Damn Kathleen is not jokin at all, she doesn't play for sh!t. She's letting dudes go left and right. There's always been rumors that George gave her specific instructions about the future of Star Wars and the tone of the films. Some insiders are saying that's the biggest reason Colin and Lord and Miller were let go, they wanted to change the overall tone of Star Wars and Kathleen was like, "Nope, I'm the Boss. Deuces". Ron Howard and now JJ again are both basically loved by Spielberg and Lucas. Again Obi and Yoda will most likely get future spin offs because they aren't taking anymore risk now with unknown characters. "Rogue One" was the last Big Risk and that still had Vader and Leia and had to tie into "Hope". Again "Awakens" had flaws and before the movie came out I predicted JJ would just copy George and everyone had excuses. Well don't be mad if when we possible see "Return of the Jedi Part 2". LOL.

ReturnOfTheJediPoster1983.jpg

Episode IX: RETURN OF THE JJ..........

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I honestly don't understand what one single person finds interesting about the force awakens.

It baffles me. I'd say the critics loving it baffles me too but they've always been blinded by nostalgia for star wars.

I still remember walking out of the theater of force awakens with this face :hhh:

I went completely dark on media and ads for THAT?A fukking remake?

And people kill me with that "it's got great characters" :gladbron:

No the fukk it doesn't. Kylo Ren fukking sucked. Rey was a personality less Mary sue. Finn was an absolute joke. Not Yoda was laughable. Whatever oscar isaacs Character was named was a waste of time.

Force awakens is bar none the worst film I've seen in theatre in the last 10 years. What does anybody see in jj? Man has absolutely no vision of his own. He's a hack in the truest sense of the word.

It's sadly ironic that a series that came into the game and was a trail blazer and redefined cinema is now the symbol of the lost stale,safe,bland film making in the industry.

Grown man children's obsession with nostalgia is truly the woat thing currently happening to the film industry.

People don't want originality. They want the shyt from their childhood regurgitated into their faces like baby birds.

Hopefully Rian Johnson does something interesting with the next one before jj shyts out another bland derivative easily digestible garbage pile for the unwashed masses to gobble down.