Jimmy Butler traded to Philly for Robert Covington and Dario Saric. Jimmy plans to re-sign.

Where will Jimmy land?

• New York

Votes: 71 26.6%
  • LA clippers

Votes: 39 14.6%
  • Brooklyn

Votes: 38 14.2%
  • Miami

Votes: 67 25.1%
  • Other

Votes: 77 28.8%

• Total voters

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Someone come in x explain this 2 me like im a 2 yr old

Outside of the fukkery on x off the court with his team mates (that would take place if he wasnt traded by start of the season ):lolbron:

What's stopping a team from enforcing a contract player from suiting up in the first game .. ..:yeshrug:

I dont understand how all these contracted players are being able to force owners hands in such a way that they arent just trying to dictate trades x threatening 2 sit out :francis:

They even have a Christmas wish list of who they should be traded 2 :russ::russ::ohhh:

Because it benefits the team. If I can leave as a free agent in the summer and I tell you ahead of time you can at least trade me for assets.

Otherwise I don't commit (don't sign an extension you offer me) and also don't tell you that I'm leaving for sure. You have season tickets that you sell a year in advance and other contracts you are thinking about negotiating.

If I do the latter scenario you are screwed. See Cleveland 2010.

El Jefe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because it benefits the team. If I can leave as a free agent in the summer and I tell you ahead of time you can at least trade me for assets.

Otherwise I don't commit (don't sign an extension you offer me) and also don't tell you that I'm leaving for sure. You have season tickets that you sell a year in advance and other contracts you are thinking about negotiating.

If I do the latter scenario you are screwed. See Cleveland 2010.

I get the reason they would wanna make the trade ..

My question was more so what is the precedent where all of a sudden your a player and "kan say well u didnt trade me imma sit it out til u do "

U contracted to the team ..so outside of chemistry reasons ..kan any player actually dictate to the head office ..I ain't tapping in and komin to the camp ..pre season nothin ....

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
No he hasn’t Butler missed 10-15 games in ‘13 with turf toe,15 games in ‘15 games with a sprained elbow, 15 games with a sprained knee(had to be carted off the court in denver) meniscus last season, surgery for his hand this offseason

Jimmy stay injured, you just started paying attention to dude.

nah those all minor injuries :comeon:

serious injuries are stuff like fractured knee cap like kyrie

and elbow injury on your non shooting arm isn't major...tf you talkin bout nikka :what:

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
doesnt look like jimmy will be getting the max on FA unless it BK or another desperate team...no one wants to sacrfice to then offer the max

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Yo, I thought he just had a piece of clipped off. He didn't really have it removed fully?

We don't know because we don't have the MRI to see how deep the tear is. If it's not deep then they can take a scoop. All we know is that he didn't get it repaired because he came back in 4-5 weeks.

Same thing with Lonzo. Lonzo's might be a little worse because his was torn throughout the season and kept playing on it until finally having surgery in July. Jimmy torn his and got it operated on right away.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
nah those all minor injuries :comeon:

serious injuries are stuff like fractured knee cap like kyrie

and elbow injury on your non shooting arm isn't major...tf you talkin bout nikka :what:

You moving goal posts, now it's "serious injuries" jimmy missed 15,17,15 and 23 games with injuries 4 of the last 5 seasons. Dude said he had an injury history which he does.Don't matter how you classify them

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I get the reason they would wanna make the trade ..

My question was more so what is the precedent where all of a sudden your a player and "kan say well u didnt trade me imma sit it out til u do "

U contracted to the team ..so outside of chemistry reasons ..kan any player actually dictate to the head office ..I ain't tapping in and komin to the camp ..pre season nothin ....

Yea that's super rare. Even off top I can't remember this happening before Kawhi. In Jimmy's case he probably gonna snuff KAT or Wiggins if he see em :yeshrug:

KingB137

All Star
Daps
This situation looks bad for the Twolves. They asking for way too much because they don't want Butler to leave, but they might as well go ahead and trade him since he leaving next summer anyway. Gotta stop delaying the inevitable here. :manny:

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Someone come in x explain this 2 me like im a 2 yr old

Outside of the fukkery on x off the court with his team mates (that would take place if he wasnt traded by start of the season ):lolbron:

What's stopping a team from enforcing a contract player from suiting up in the first game .. ..:yeshrug:

I dont understand how all these contracted players are being able to force owners hands in such a way that they arent just trying to dictate trades x threatening 2 sit out :francis:

They even have a Christmas wish list of who they should be traded 2 :russ::russ::ohhh:

They gave him a week. So they could figure out I trade. Once that is up he will have to report. He could easily have a elective surgery. I doubt that because he wants to play and get paid