Jimmy Butler traded to Philly for Robert Covington and Dario Saric. Jimmy plans to re-sign.

Where will Jimmy land?

• New York

Votes: 71 26.6%
  • LA clippers

Votes: 39 14.6%
  • Brooklyn

Votes: 38 14.2%
  • Miami

Votes: 67 25.1%
  • Other

Votes: 77 28.8%

• Total voters
Daps
They were the clear 3 seed in the west before he got hurt. They dropped to 8th without him and had to win their last game at home to make the post season.

He is that good
No he's not. :mjlol: I'm not going to get in into a back and forth with you over this. Agree to disagree.

However, I do believe he is the perfect 3rd piece aka 3rd option. He reminds me a lot of Paul George. I for a very long time always felt like Paul George was overrated and would best serve as a 3rd option as he is too damn streaky to be a reliable 1st or 2nd option.

According to stats the Thunder are an elite team with Andre Roberson (when the big 3 started to click) and were on a roll before he got hurt. Does that mean Andre Roberson is an elite player? Absolutely not. Some players play a very important specific role or roles for their team and that what makes them special for THAT TEAM e.g. Draymond Green

This is what is lost in the age of analytics. People put too much focus on the numbers and don't pay attention to

1) the eye test

2) context

3) attention to detail

Last edited:

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
Was Love as good as Jimmy? No. And GS was in a far different position than Minnesota. Point is the name of the game is to acquire stars. Minnesota would have had to pay KAT, Lavine, and Wiggins. And then wait for Dunn and their pick to develop. They weren't coming close to the playoffs and they'd have been in no position to sign Marquee FAs. Not knowing your personnel is just as bad as doing a terrible trade. Minnesota was 3rd seed in the toughest conference off that trade. They did the right move but Jimmy and them couldn't get a long. Tough shyt but if they would have traded Wiggins they'd be even better off now.

They were out in five games. They weren’t one piece away from a contender and jimmy only had two years left on his deal.

You don’t mortgage your future for a one round elimination. I don’t care what your excuse is, it’s stupid.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Their first mistake was keeping Wiggins and not Lavine...fukk the rest.

I remember when that trade went down, I was :fire: as hell cuz we didn't get wiggins over lavine.

looking at the money and productivity, lavine is the better deal.

in hindsight, the :butler: deal looks like a heist now getting dunn, lavine and markanan for :butler: and the nikka the wolves drafted with the broken foot.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
They were out in five games. They weren’t one piece away from a contender and jimmy only had two years left on his deal.

You don’t mortgage your future for a one round elimination. I don’t care what your excuse is, it’s stupid.

They were out in 5 because Jimmy was hurt and...uh...they played Houston. This concept of mortgaging your future must be something you heard but don't understand.

They went to the 3rd seed, top of the league in offense and middle of defense with Jimmy. 37-11 Record. 10-14 without. Aka back to right outside the lottery. They also had extensions for Wiggins and Towns. There is no waiting - those guys are about to get paid AND Lavine has an extension on the table.

You have to be a stone cold idiot to pay 3 dudes over $350 million and not even make the playoffs. The Warriors were allowed to do this because this were A.) before the cap spike and B.) they had Steph on a $44 million deal.

Minnesota's management may be complete shyt but they understood how bad it would look to be paying luxury tax for a non-playoff team.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
They were out in 5 because Jimmy was hurt and...uh...they played Houston. This concept of mortgaging your future must be something you heard but don't understand.

They went to the 3rd seed, top of the league in offense and middle of defense with Jimmy. 37-11 Record. 10-14 without. Aka back to right outside the lottery. They also had extensions for Wiggins and Towns. There is no waiting - those guys are about to get paid AND Lavine has an extension on the table.

You have to be a stone cold idiot to pay 3 dudes over $350 million and not even make the playoffs. The Warriors were allowed to do this because this were A.) before the cap spike and B.) they had Steph on a $44 million deal.

Minnesota's management may be complete shyt but they understood how bad it would look to be paying luxury tax for a non-playoff team.

I don’t agree with the Wiggins contract either

Bad work all the way around by the front office

Daps
According to stats the Thunder are an elite team with Andre Roberson (when the big 3 started to click) and were on a roll before he got hurt. Does that mean Andre Roberson is an elite player? Absolutely not. Some players play a very important specific role or roles for their team and that what makes them special for THAT TEAM e.g. Draymond Green

This is what is lost in the age of analytics. People put too much focus on the numbers and don't pay attention to

1) the eye test

2) context

3) attention to detail
Did you really just compare Andre Roberson to Jimmy Butler?

:aicmon:

And "the eye test, context, attention to detail" is NOT lost in the "age of analytics" - y'all not to stop saying that nonsense. We live in an age where all those things are paid more attention to than ever before.

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
No he's not. :mjlol: I'm not going to get in into a back and forth with you over this. Agree to disagree.

However, I do believe he is the perfect 3rd piece aka 3rd option. He reminds me a lot of Paul George. I for a very long time always felt like Paul George was overrated and would best serve as a 3rd option as he is too damn streaky to be a reliable 1st or 2nd option.

1) the eye test

2) context

3) attention to detail

3rd option. You are fukking stupid.
Andre Roberson doesn't avg fukking 24/6/5 on 47% shooting along with 86% from the line
Andre can't shoot nor can he hit FT's
STFU. You just compared Butler to Andre. You don't know basketball.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
They were the clear 3 seed in the west before he got hurt. They dropped to 8th without him and had to win their last game at home to make the post season.

He is that good
We were the 3 seed and like 3 games away from the 8 seed. Not the "clear 3 seed." Would've probably dropped even if he didn't get hurt, especially with the way he would ballhog in game winning situations.Then we played the toughest stretch of our schedule right as he got injured.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wouldn’t be shocked if Thibs randomly resigned. Thibs running into issues with higher mgmt again is a bad look (regardless of who is at fault)