Jimmy Butler traded to Philly for Robert Covington and Dario Saric. Jimmy plans to re-sign.

Where will Jimmy land?

• New York

Votes: 71 26.6%
  • LA clippers

Votes: 39 14.6%
  • Brooklyn

Votes: 38 14.2%
  • Miami

Votes: 67 25.1%
  • Other

Votes: 77 28.8%

• Total voters

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
They’re not goin to keep that core together. They’re goin to have to make a decision with Lin the next two seasons on one of those pieces.
Alright and that's fine.

Boston has been going through this with Terry Rozier and Marcus Smart as far as decisions.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Facts!!!! Bulls fans keep responding with that stupid ass rhetoric about Dunn, Lavine and Markkaan. What the fukk have they done in the league together. Matter of fact how many games have they even played together. They want two bad to win this trade that they fooled themselves into believing they won some moral victory. Potential ain’t nothin but potential until you experience some postseason success. The bulls haven’t and don’t even look like they’ll even taste postseason let alone have success in it. We been hearing about this young potential for a whole year. I’m. We’ll be hearing about 13 months from now two. When do they get tired of waiting for these young bulls to grow and do something meaningful in the league besides be under 25
:what:

You are an idiot, and I pray that Houston gives up 6 1st Rounders for Jimmy and then he leaves next offseason.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Update from ClutchFans insiders:

Houston, Miami, Clippers, Knicks still in the mix for Butler.

Miami offered Richardson before.

Houston's 4 pick option is deaded and now exploring 3 and 4 team options with Eric Gordon going to Minn.

Those same 4 teams + Brooklyn are looking to shuffle role players around.

It is true that Thibs doesn't want to deal Butler inside of the Western Conference, but Glen Taylor doesn't care as much about that and will likely soon override Thibs wishes; high probability Thibs gets bought out after this is over.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s not about jimmy. You did what you had to do. My gripe is with Bulls fans constantly hyping up the trade like it as a definitive lopsided win on their side. Y’all constantly bring it up in Minnesota a related discussions trying to clown Minnesota like they trade away a future dynasty. Dunn and Lavine ain’t done shyt but be under 25 in this league and both are about to be paid(by the bulls) without doing nothin for the Bulls but be young with potential.

It was a fair deal for both side. Minny has gotten more benefit out of the deal, than Chicago has.
Gotten more so far, but they are about to lose him for much less value than they gave to get him. At this rate, might lose him for nothing

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gotten more so far, but they are about to lose him for much less value than they gave to get him. At this rate, might lose him for nothing
They’re not goin to lose him for nothin unless Thibbs want too. They have multiple offers in the table. They hold the leverage in the situation.

Smh like I said the bulls did good in their deal with jimmy, I just get tired of bulls fan(and it’s mostly on here) talkin that stuff about how they pulled one from under the table on Minnesota in this deal. It was an even trade. Minnesota has been stacking young talent since 2004 with nothin to show for it which is why I say Chicago fans should hold off on the gloating. Y’all could be Minnesota from 2005 to 2017. All that young potential don’t mean shyt until they prove something in the league and until we know their value(first non-rookie contract).

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Update from ClutchFans insiders:

Houston, Miami, Clippers, Knicks still in the mix for Butler.

Miami offered Richardson before.

Houston's 4 pick option is deaded and now exploring 3 and 4 team options with Eric Gordon going to Minn.

Those same 4 teams + Brooklyn are looking to shuffle role players around.

It is true that Thibs doesn't want to deal Butler inside of the Western Conference, but Glen Taylor doesn't care as much about that and will likely soon override Thibs wishes; high probability Thibs gets bought out after this is over.
The bolded can't be right.

If Houston was really offering that package...that prices us out in any possible way.

The Wolves asked for Simmons to the Sixers.

We :camby: to that shyt

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The bolded can't be right.

If Houston was really offering that package...that prices us out in any possible way.

The Wolves asked for Simmons to the Sixers.

We :camby: to that shyt

Just because y'all are still making offers doesn't necessarily mean you're making the best offer.

Minnesota rejected the 4 pick offer btw, because they think the picks would be worthless and reportedly they are trying to avoid sending Butler somewhere else in the West.

Very possible that Heat/Knicks could end up with him with a lesser package because of that.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, everybody got talent but not everybody got Wiggins and KAT level talent. You're talking about 22 and 23 year old players here, they have flaws of course and last season got their first taste of playing with a capable roster in the NBA and competing in the playoffs.

And not everybody has their warts either ....but let me get this straight ...so in your brain a 5th year wing player who’s shown no on court defensive ability rebounding mental toughness and shoots a putrid 33% from 3 on his career ... but nevemind those facts ....this is the type of guy you want to build a “winning” team around because ....well... he was the 1st pick (just like Bargnani) do I have your logic correct?

They drafted terribly in those 13 years, one year they took Jonny Flynn and Ricky Rubio in the same draft picks apart and they didn't put adequate talent around Kevin Love. There's no point in looking at those 13 years it's about now and the future.
And what In the world makes you think this time would be different? Lol ... where is this optimism coming from and why haha ... how long have the Kings been drafting top 5 you act like it’s some guarantee that they will draft 5 Alll-Pros ..lol isn’t this the same owner from the Johnny Flyn era? Yet he’s going to magically turn into a draft wizard ... based on what again?

Players can definitely grow and excel in the right situations and if they put the work in and get the keys. Just look at Victor Oladipo for example.

And for every Oladipo there’s 10 Brandon Jennings or OJ Mayo or Marvin Williams or Tyreke Evans or Darius Miles or Ben Mclemore or Dion Waiters etc etc etc ... Do you know how much of an anomaly you’re talking about ... that’s what your banking on? A literal “unprecedented” leap happening again? Word ..

Oladipo's Improvement Largely Unprecedented | Indiana Pacers

Kris Dunn has proven to be an elite defensive guard, a capable passer in the P&R, and one of the nastiest ball handlers.
Who the fukk cares about nasty ballhandlers lmao ... I see where your basketball preference is ..it’s an And 1 perspective ... Kris Dunn has started 50 games and he’s an “elite defender” lol ... an “elite defender” that shoots a disgusting 30% from 3 yet your talking about a team with him on it would improve their spacing

..an “elite defender” that drops his teams offensive rating when he’s on the court ... a “sick ball handler” that works well in the PnR yet averages a turnover percentage in the high teens :mjlol: nikka please .. is he even better than Jeff Teague?

I know for a fact the teams spacing would be a lot better with Markannen and LaVine on the team, two great shooters.

And their defense would be even worse ... and you insert a TERRIBLE 3 point shooter with Dunn

It's all about player development, trust, and continuity. I rather develop a young core than keep a malcontent, nearing 30 year old Jimmy Butler whose up for an extension just to treadmill to 45 wins.

Sounds like you’re ok with being terrible indefinitely ... and ironically you say they’re going to treadmill and never get better if they keep jimmy but somehow...magically.. they’ll explode in player development without him :russ:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
And not everybody has their warts either ....but let me get this straight ...so in your brain a 5th year wing player who’s shown no on court defensive ability rebounding mental toughness and shoots a putrid 33% from 3 on his career ... but nevemind those facts ....this is the type of guy you want to build a “winning” team around because ....well... he was the 1st pick (just like Bargnani) do I have your logic correct?

And what In the world makes you think this time would be different? Lol ... where is this optimism coming from and why haha ... how long have the Kings been drafting top 5 you act like it’s some guarantee that they will draft 5 Alll-Pros ..lol isn’t this the same owner from the Johnny Flyn era? Yet he’s going to magically turn into a draft wizard ... based on what again?

And for every Oladipo there’s 10 Brandon Jennings or OJ Mayo or Marvin Williams or Tyreke Evans or Darius Miles or Ben Mclemore or Dion Waiters etc etc etc ... Do you know how much of an anomaly you’re talking about ... that’s what your banking on? A literal “unprecedented” leap happening again? Word ..

Oladipo's Improvement Largely Unprecedented | Indiana Pacers

Who the fukk cares about nasty ballhandlers lmao ... I see where your basketball preference is ..it’s an And 1 perspective ... Kris Dunn has started 50 games and he’s an “elite defender” lol ... an “elite defender” that shoots a disgusting 30% from 3 yet your talking about a team with him on it would improve their spacing

..an “elite defender” that drops his teams offensive rating when he’s on the court ... a “sick ball handler” that works well in the PnR yet averages a turnover percentage in the high teens :mjlol: nikka please .. is he even better than Jeff Teague?

And their defense would be even worse ... and you insert a TERRIBLE 3 point shooter with Dunn

Sounds like you’re ok with being terrible indefinitely ... and ironically you say they’re going to treadmill and never get better if they keep jimmy but somehow...magically.. they’ll explode in player development without him :russ:
Wiggins has shown potential particularly as an on-ball defender, you're saying 5th year wing when he is still only 23 years old. He has proven talent as a scorer. He is locked into a long term max deal so it's only logical to give him the god damn keys to the team instead of having him play second fiddle on the wing to a guy who operates on the same spots of the floor as him.

It's the same owner but different general managers, the guy who drafted Flynn and Rubio was David Kahn who is known as one of the worst general managers and hasn't worked for any team in 5 years. Thibs ain't much better trying to recreate the damn 2011 Bulls. :mjlol:

Yes, Kris Dunn is an elite defender. He is 6'4 with a 7 foot wingspan, he's athletic and hardnosed, he ranked elite in pretty much all defensive metrics. On offense he's a work in progress but he's a god damn third year PG. I merely pointed out he has promise as a distributor in the P&R and is a nasty, creative ball handler which can help him get to his spots. My bad inexperienced players aren't finished products. Also, why are you talking about him hurting their spacing when LaVine and Markannen would be on the squad to provide spacing and both are among the best shooters at their positions.

Shorty K

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Facts!!!! Bulls fans keep responding with that stupid ass rhetoric about Dunn, Lavine and Markkaan. What the fukk have they done in the league together. Matter of fact how many games have they even played together. They want two bad to win this trade that they fooled themselves into believing they won some moral victory. Potential ain’t nothin but potential until you experience some postseason success. The bulls haven’t and don’t even look like they’ll even taste postseason let alone have success in it. We been hearing about this young potential for a whole year. I’m. We’ll be hearing about 13 months from now two. When do they get tired of waiting for these young bulls to grow and do something meaningful in the league besides be under 25

We were just in the playoffs two years ago. Talmbout 1 year to rebuild from scratch. You sound crazy. It took KD 3 years to get into the 'offs:martin: