Jimmy Butler traded to Philly for Robert Covington and Dario Saric. Jimmy plans to re-sign.

Where will Jimmy land?

• New York

Votes: 71 26.6%
  • LA clippers

Votes: 39 14.6%
  • Brooklyn

Votes: 38 14.2%
  • Miami

Votes: 67 25.1%
  • Other

Votes: 77 28.8%

• Total voters

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
said basically same ting a few posts back .. how are these picks worth a daaamn based on h towns current position over the next 5 years or so with that line up in place , those picks will be treash

this is a terrible deal for the wolves .. its like the media ahs a agenda to get these teams into playin super team versus super team ..what a haul for the wolves :mjlol:
I get where you are coming from , if Jimmy was either locked in for some more years, or the goal is to bring jimmy back long term.

My thinking is, jimmy is gone anyway. There are teams with max cap who will offer jimmy that deal and he gone anyway. So from the perspective that jimmy wants out anyway, that rockets deal is the best your going to get right now. As the season progresses the offers get worst, and then you risk losing jimmy in the off season for nothing. Can't think of a better deal than that for jimmy considering the circumstances.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
This is why I was okay holding onto Jimmy into the season. They didnt have any leverage then and holding on to him just gave them a chance to get some leverage through desperation.

I'm not the biggest fan of just draft picks but those picks could be used to trade people like Gorgui and possibly Wiggins kind of allowing a sped up rebuild around KAT. Have 2 picks in 2021,2023 and hope the rockets have regressed and steal a good pick.

Getting the Heat involved now would be ideal. They have pieces that are at least intriguing beyond this year and maybe help the team be semi-competitive over the next few years. The Wolves are in a shytty spot but the Rockets desperation might save them from themselves

In 2021, harden will be 32 and cp3 will be 36. Butler will also be 32. I highly doubt they'll be contending by then. Those picks could be good as the rockets are looking like the flabby beta with KG, Joe Johnson and Pierce.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Rockets hit that panic button and gave up on Melo quick

Ehh, I mean Melo played OK his last game. I think it's more a function of they know they're not better than the Warriors and would get smoked in a 7 game series. Rather than just accept their fate they're trying to be proactive, which I do commend Morey on.

Granted, they're mortgaging the future heavily for a window of 1 year but people should dare to be great.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
For 4 firsts? Pass breh. We already lost a first to get rid of Carroll and we don’t have next years first because of Kawhi

Every team could use a cheap first if they draft properly, those picks are more valuable than ever

Not exactly. The value of a pick depends on the draft class and who is picking. The Rockets are rightfully throwing picks away because they realize getting better now is far more important than hand wringing over the unknown. The Wolves have to trade Butler and they damn sure aren't making the playoffs without him - they can use those picks in other trades.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
In 2021, harden will be 32 and cp3 will be 36. Butler will also be 32. I highly doubt they'll be contending by then. Those picks could be good as the rockets are looking like the flabby beta with KG, Joe Johnson and Pierce.
That's not old. Harden had two years of college. Butler 3. Cp3 2 and his style of play and position, he can play at a high level till 40

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Not exactly. The value of a pick depends on the draft class and who is picking. The Rockets are rightfully throwing picks away because they realize getting better now is far more important than hand wringing over the unknown. The Wolves have to trade Butler and they damn sure aren't making the playoffs without him - they can use those picks in other trades.

IMO, it's a myth when people talk about weak draft classes. People talk about weak draft classes every year, but scouting has gotten better across the league in the last few years and we've gotten a lot of contributors towards the late 1st and into the mid 2nd round. For the Rockets, it may be worth it for them since Harden is in his prime and CP3 is aging, but for the Raptors who rely so much on their bench, who themselves are peering into the unknown with Kawhi's FA status and would have to give up multiple picks to receive Jimmy Butler, it is not worth the risk.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i had to re-read the shyt on ESPN to see if i was seeing correctly. them brehs feel like (which everyone knows) that whoever wins the west wins the chip and all they have do do is cruise thru the playoffs and pick of GS or have someone else do it (unlikely). But, it;s a now or never scenario. last time the Rockets had a LEGIT title worthy squad, Sam Cassel was running the point.
Last year:dwillhuh: