Jill Stein is 'Predatory', says AOC

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
This is just the beginning and I can delve way deeper into what's up with this man. He's attempting to pay off his taxes and alimony while talking up right-wing talking points and conspiracy theories.

Now we all can see @Saysumthinfunnymike said he can delve deeper into what’s up with dude but now it’s a waste of his time

We need to see the proof that he is grifting, using the election to pay his taxes, a right winger, and conspiracy theorist

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The best way to excerise the vote is to be lied too and gaslighted into voting for people in the hope they will do something?
This is your interpretation--one that's not in touch with my reality. It's funny to see you say this in a thread about Jill Stein. :pachaha:

You should. It's a horrible term dreamed up by a racist looking to rob Black people of their agency.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Now we all can see @Saysumthinfunnymike said he can delve deeper into what’s up with dude but now it’s a waste of his time

We need to see the proof that he is grifting, using the election to pay his taxes, a right winger, and conspiracy theorist

You want me to make you look even dumber? No problem....

DeSantis, Chris Rufo and Cornel West

However, Cornel West doesn't just have an unfortunate past of praising Donald Trump. He also has a current history of praising Ron DeSantis and working with evangelical right-wingers, and their education causes.

Recently he wrote an Op-ed

DeSantis’s Revolutionary Defense of the Classics

By Cornel West and Jeremy Wayne Tate
Gov. Ron DeSantis just gave a welcome boost to the classical-education movement. He signed legislation allowing high-school students to qualify for Bright Futures scholarships, a state fund for college education, by submitting scores from the Classic Learning Test instead of the SAT alone.
This move will likely be portrayed, wrongly, as partisan and conservative. But the greatest works of civilization have always been about spurring—not preventing—radical change. They teach us about the revolutionary ideas of the past and help us better understand the present. The richest ideas of what it means to be human are those that have stood the test of time.
Many of the seminal works of literature, history, philosophy, science and theology were revolutionary in their respective ages. Turn the pages of Galileo Galilei’s “Two New Sciences” and you’ll experience the alteration of humanity’s view of itself in relation to the heavens. By disproving the then-common belief that the planets revolved around the Earth rather than the sun, Galileo laid the foundation for modern science. Isaac Newton, swept aside what remained of the Old World’s scientific superstitions—only to find himself upstaged two centuries later by Albert Einstein’s “Relativity.”
Like revolutionary ideas today, the ideas of yesterday were provocative and, in many cases, much more consequential. Galileo was put on trial because he upset the status quo. In the 13th century, Bishop Stephen Tempier of Paris condemned key works of theologian Thomas Aquinas for being too radical. Soviet dissident Alexander Solzhenitsyn and civil-rights activist Martin Luther King Jr. were imprisoned for their views. In colonial America, James Madison and his co-authors feared printing their names on the Federalist Papers, so they hid under aliases. Even the most mild-mannered of philosophers stirred trouble for thinking against the grain. Plato watched his great teacher Socrates put to death for his teachings.
Revolutionary figures of the past give us insight into the present and allow for reflection on the consequences of their choices. Julius Caesar, one of antiquity’s most recognizable leaders, teaches us the cost of revolution through his histories. By crossing into Rome with his armies, he ended the republic and created the Roman Empire, a crime for which he paid with his life. But in his firsthand descriptions of the often-brutal tactics he employed to achieve political transformation, he left behind deep insight. Caesar’s direct and simple prose conveys the reality of going to war—all without reference to contemporary conflicts.
That’s one of the virtues of the classics: They are a means of considering what is true without invoking the blind partisanship that encourages thoughtless action. There is nothing we need more today than the cultivation of reason and understanding.
That’s why Mr. DeSantis’s support of classic education has universal merit that transcends partisanship. Education based on values, logic and discipline isn’t Republican—it’s timeless.

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit

I don't think he's necessarily a conspiracy theorist, but he did recently engage in some weird vaccine rhetoric in a bid to attract RFK Jr's. supporters. He's also involved with Jeremy Tate's CLT bullshyt along with Christopher Rufo.

Florida's "Christian" alternative to the SAT won't help students - The Classic Learning Test offers no real value to students

As part of Gov. Ron DeSantis’ efforts to destroy public education in Florida, by forcing conservative zealots onto the board of a liberal arts school and suggesting they do away with Advanced Placement tests entirely, there’s been chatter between the head of the state’s public universities (a political appointee) and the founder of a company that offers a conservative “Christian” alternative to the SAT and ACT tests. The goal is to see if more of Florida’s public colleges would accept the conservative test as part of their admissions process.

According to the Tampa Bay Times, the state university system’s chancellor Ray Rodrigues has been in talks with Jeremy Tate, the founder of the “Classic Learning Test.”

It’s not that the exam uses Bible passages or gives students a “God did it” option on every multiple-choice question. Instead, it focuses on the “centrality of the Western tradition,” buzzwords meant to suggest hyper-patriotism and a dismissal of ideas that challenge the conservative outlook on the world. It’s no surprise that the test’s media page highlights the company’s positive coverage—”CLT in the News”—in a slew of right-wing outlets known for promoting misinformation. Also not surprising? 85% of the students who currently take it are white. These people know their target demographic.

[Tate] said the test is meant to be an alternative to the College Board-administered SAT exam, which he says has become “increasingly ideological” in part because it has “censored the entire Christian-Catholic intellectual tradition” and other “thinkers in the history of Western thought.”

“We’re thrilled they like what we’re doing,” Tate said. “We’re talking to people in the administration, again, really, almost every day right now.”
Specifically, Tate said he is seeking to make the test an option for the taxpayer-funded Bright Futures Scholarship program, which rewards Florida high school students based on academic achievement. Students can use the scholarship to help pay for a Florida-based college education. Currently, the scholarship is tied to the SAT and ACT test scores.
While DeSantis has not publicly singled out the Classic Learning Test as an alternative to the College Board’s SAT, he has said he wants to seek out “other vendors” who can do it “better” than the SAT. A top education official in his administration has indicated interest in the CLT test.
There are plenty of problems with the ACT, SAT, and standardized testing in general. The idea that they’re too “ideological” isn’t one of them. Republicans just don’t like that the ACT and SAT are aligned with Common Core standards. That makes it somewhat harder to game the system (with, say, test prep classes available to those who can afford them) but falls more in line with what many kids are learning in school. Telling schools to accept a little-known test as evidence of a student’s academic abilities is absurd, especially when that alternative was literally created for ideological reasons.

This is all nothing more than an attempt to legitimize a conservative group’s exam that has currency mostly within Christian schools.

Roughly 200 largely faith-based schools across the country accept the assessment. Ten of them are in Florida, including Stetson University, Ave Maria University, Reformation Bible College, Palm Beach Atlantic University, Pensacola Christian College and Trinity Baptist College.
Even though DeSantis isn’t directly involved in these conversations, he’s made it clear he’ll do just about anything to appease Republican voters and infuriate everyone else. Denigrating the sort of tests most high school students take to get into college (especially out-of-state ones) by giving them an incentive to take a less-vetted test with roots in the conservative Christian world seems like low-hanging fruit for him.

It could hurt students, though, especially if these informal talks lead to the DeSantis administration pressuring schools to adopt the CLT over the other, more popular, tests. That would limit the options for Florida high school students applying to college since most schools don’t accept CLT scores. Also, if more in-state colleges accept the CLT, there’s less reason for public high schools to offer students the chance to take the PSAT/NMSQT which could give them access to scholarship money.

Not that the administration cares. Henry Mack, the Florida Department of Education Senior Chancellor, celebrated the CLT as an alternative to… Critical Race Theory. Given that the ACT/SAT have nothing to do with CRT, good luck trying to figure out what the point of this tweet is other than to send a racist dog whistle to other Republicans.

All of this could be moot as more colleges, including the most selective ones, move away from accepting standardized test scores altogether. During COVID, even as many colleges made the ACT and SAT tests optional for applicants, Florida was the outlier that required them. But instead of pushing more Florida colleges to dismiss those numbers entirely and rely on essays or interviews or other more holistic ways of assessing students, the DeSantis administration is using the opportunity to push a different kind of exam on kids, ignoring the larger trend in favor of some dubious right-wing alternative.

If the CLT becomes commonplace in the state, though, it’s possible some colleges will decide it’s just easier to ignore applicants from Florida given their inability to see how they stack up against seniors from other states. If AP classes are tossed out as well, Florida students would have a much harder time leaving the state to pursue higher education. It would be a disaster for them, which could also be exactly what DeSantis wants.

Cont. in another post.

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit

In case you don't know about the 'classical education movement' being pushing by the religious right:

The classical education movement focuses on traditional Western ideas and texts, like those from ancient Greece, Rome, and medieval Christianity. Critics argue that it can be too Eurocentric, ignoring other cultures, and that it sometimes promotes conservative religious views, even bordering on religious indoctrination. Some worry that it pushes outdated ideas about gender roles and social hierarchies, and that its close ties to conservative groups make it a tool for resisting modern ideas like diversity and inclusion. In extreme cases, people fear it could encourage Christian nationalism, or even authoritarian tendencies within certain right-wing circles.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AOC just tows the line and follows whatever her leadership tells her to do.
Yall some idiots thinking a genocide supporter is your "friend" and "relatable"
And a "Good person".

Like these are fully grown adults watching AOC and Bernie Sanders bend the knee to
Chuck Schumer, Pelosi and their billionaire/millionaire donors. These same people then turn around get upset
at people trying to practice Democracy because "THIS IS THE GREATEST ELECTION OUR LIVES YOU FOOL!!!
YOU MUST STOP THE ORANGE MAN! HE IS BAD! YOU HAVE NO VOICE UNLESS IT IS BLUE!!" and they absolutely
do not see anything wrong with this ghoulish, couch quarterbacking.

You have people taking about tens of thousands of lives being wiped away in an instant like it's a fukking
game of Starcraft and they don't realize that they're slowly becoming (or frankly ALREADY ARE) a fukking fascist.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
You want me to make you look even dumber? No problem....

DeSantis, Chris Rufo and Cornel West

However, Cornel West doesn't just have an unfortunate past of praising Donald Trump. He also has a current history of praising Ron DeSantis and working with evangelical right-wingers, and their education causes.

Recently he wrote an Op-ed

DeSantis’s Revolutionary Defense of the Classics

So if I’m getting this straight, he bogus because as an academic himself he supports legislation allowing high-school students to qualify for Bright Futures scholarships to go to college, he “working” with republicans because they trying to get him on ballots that democrats basically eliminated him and rfk and tried to get trump off of, and he behind on taxes

And this is supposed to be proof that he is a grifter and right winger and he using the presidency to all of a sudden try to pay taxes off, like how exactly is he using the presidency to pay the taxes, are you insinuating he using donations to pay his shyt off, or you saying he going through the trouble of actually becoming president to pay his taxes off?

You need to do better cause the way you was talking you sounded like you got some real shyt on not Basic hit piece that’s basically all saying the same two things

You supposedly did the research right, you got shyt on him right, you got more than this surely cause this ain’t shyt and damn sure ain’t no proof

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I don't think he's necessarily a conspiracy theorist, but he did recently engage in some weird vaccine rhetoric in a bid to attract RFK Jr's. supporters. He's also involved with Jeremy Tate's CLT bullshyt along with Christopher Rufo.

Cont. in another post.
Cornell is a right winger and grifter because he wants more kids to go to college?

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Funny, she initially ran on being such a change agent to the Dems she would be OK only serving one term. They beat that energy out of her quickly. lol
Besides voting the party line most of the time what has she done?

Your whining does not invalidate my point, and proposing successful bills is not the only measure of a good congressperson.

Especially in our polarized times where either political party can hold power by less than a handful of votes.

Having a progressive voice in the room during committee meetings makes all the difference in the world.

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:unimpressed:Democratic Plantation
Okay. I'm just trying to help you understand the intent behind the creation of that term and how it makes you sound when you use it.

I just want you to know that it came from 'welfare queen' Ronald Reagan and Lee Atwater in the '80s as a manipulative effort to attack Black Democrat voters by framing their support as akin to being trapped or controlled, like slaves. If you're fine with ignoring the complexities of Black voters and their beliefs, and you think you're being a 'free-thinker' by using a term created by the same people who embraced racist policies, like the Southern Strategy and voter suppression, then that's on you. Robbing Black people of their agency and intelligence by using that simplistic, bullshyt narrative is YOUR choice. And we all make our own choices.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Okay. I'm just trying to help you understand the intent behind the creation of that term and how it makes you sound when you use it.

I just want you to know that it came from 'welfare queen' Ronald Reagan and Lee Atwater in the '80s as a manipulative effort to attack Black Democrat voters by framing their support as akin to being trapped or controlled, like slaves. If you're fine with ignoring the complexities of Black voters and their beliefs, and you think you're being a 'free-thinker' by using a term created by the same people who embraced racist policies, like the Southern Strategy and voter suppression, then that's on you. Robbing Black people of their agency and intelligence by using that simplistic, bullshyt narrative is YOUR choice. And we all make our own choices.

You can lead a horse to water, breh. :francis: