Jemele Hill and her podcast network are leaving Spotify

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Weirdly, Simmons got worse to me as a podcaster when he replaced House with Russillo. I get that Russillo is a "name", but House made the pods fun and less serious.

I've been on the search for more fun pods instead of folks discussing sports like it's global politics. Raw Room ain't super polished, but they crack me up when they get rolling. I hope they don't take out all of the fun like the pivot did when they blow up.
Raw Room one of the few I watch on Youtube when I fall down a rabbit hole. I feel you on the serious ones. That's how I got into 5-4 (SCOTUS cases and why the Supreme Court sucks), Local Govt Insights, GovLove are what I'm on atm...The Bowery Boys is super dope and talks about NYC history. Discovered them when I was writing up a paper about slavery and Wall Street. They really know their stuff and when they don't bring in a local who's a subject matter expert.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
FDB

iJRv48.gif

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
I wonder if Jemele Hill is ever happy. Seemed like she had a good thing going at Spotify although I'm not sure how popular it was.

I wonder what her end-game is.

I honestly would love to have my own podcast at some point. Obviously, I'm on East Coast Bias and Philly Special in addition to having my own shorter solo podcasts "The Hundred" where I give out NBA gambling picks but I would love to kinda do my own thing at some point.

The sports podcast game is tough right now.

You have podcast like JJ redikk, Paul George’s, Draymond green that are great and the originals that are still going (all in the smoke and two knuckleheads). Just not a lot of space right now

Jemele isn't even doing sports with her pods......She's doing social commentary.

Last edited:

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
Weirdly, Simmons got worse to me as a podcaster when he replaced House with Russillo. I get that Russillo is a "name", but House made the pods fun and less serious.

I've been on the search for more fun pods instead of folks discussing sports like it's global politics. Raw Room ain't super polished, but they crack me up when they get rolling. I hope they don't take out all of the fun like the pivot did when they blow up.

House is still on Bill's pod a ton......the one thing you have to keep in mind is that this is literally a hobby for House as he's actually a lawyer. Bill and House were friends going back to college while Ryen actually does this. House is really fun tho....really fun guy.