Jeff Fisher "looks the part" his way into coaching as long as he has

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
so without roster control, and the browns being historically sorrier than the jets, and not having any franchise players (Tuna got vinny playing well and signed Curtis martin), and sharing a division with a good bengals team, a good steelers franchise, and a ravens franchise that has been really good through the years as opposed to the post 1995 dolphins, bills, pre-peyton colts, and pre-brady pariots, you expect pettine to turn them around like parcells did with the jets? a coked out midget is his best option at qb, and the wr corps might be as bad as what the ravens have minus steve smith.

There was not 1 household name on the 1997 Jets except for a raw Keyshawn & a Chrebet who was coming into his own and didn't even start that season (Jeff Graham was the Z). The few famous guys on the D were all the old Parcells guys on their last legs playing off of guile with a still improving Aaron Glenn as the only standout.

The QB? Neil O'Donnell. The RB? Adrian Murrel. Not Vinny & Curtis.

In the hands of an average coach, that was a 6-7 win roster at best. With a good coach they captured 9 wins and were in the playoff race with destiny in their own hands in week 17. This after going 4-28 in the prior 2 Kotite years. Good coaches maximize the chicken sh!t on the table and they may not always make chicken salad out of it, but they'll make something that you know in a year or 2 will be getting praised by Gordon Ramsey.

But you can keep re-writing Jets history to :cape: for a 2-7 HC.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
There was not 1 household name on the 1997 Jets except for a raw Keyshawn & a Chrebet who was coming into his own and didn't even start that season (Jeff Graham was the Z). The few famous guys on the D were all the old Parcells guys on their last legs playing off of guile with a still improving Aaron Glenn as the only standout.

The QB? Neil O'Donnell. The RB? Adrian Murrel. Not Vinny & Curtis.

In the hands of an average coach, that was a 6-7 win roster at best. With a good coach they captured 9 wins and were in the playoff race with destiny in their own hands in week 17. This after going 4-28 in the prior 2 Kotite years. Good coaches maximize the chicken sh!t on the table and they may not always make chicken salad out of it, but they'll make something that you know in a year or 2 will be getting praised by Gordon Ramsey.

But you can keep re-writing Jets history to :cape: for a 2-7 HC.
it's disingenuous at best to hold pettine to the standard of bill parcels. can't all be him. guy turned the giants and patriots into winners too

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
it's disingenuous at best to hold pettine to the standard of bill parcels. can't all be him. guy turned the giants and patriots into winners too

I'm holding him to a standard of what a good coach does. No one is saying he should be Parcells, but being a NYer I'm very familiar with his body of work, and he does what a good coach does even when he inherits a sub-par roster which is breathe life into the program and get it moving in the right direction so they can be serious contenders by year 3 or 4. What in Pettine's now almost 2 years as the Browns HC has anyone convinced this team is gonna be a serious challenger in 2016 & 2017? 2 wins in 9 games by your 2nd year in no way tells me he has anything moving in the right direction, regardless of external circumstances.

Good coaches advance moribund programs, average and bad ones get stuck in the muck & mire of the organizational bog.

BTW, it was Ray Perkins who turned the Giants fortunes around (and they were as horrible a franchise as the present day Browns until George Young & Ray took over), but yes, it was Parcells who finished Perkins' job.

Urahara_Kisuke

12th Squad O.G.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
12th Squad
I swear, dude has made a career out of 8-8 or 7-9 with the occasional 13-3.

LOL......dead on! :russ:

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-09%20at%208.59.21%20PM_zpsktr2wajk.png

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
“I love it when nobody says you have a chance to win,” Arians told reporters after the game,via Gregg Rosenthal of Around the League. “There’s an 11-3 team and a team that is always 8-8. You figure it out.”

I missed this ether from Bruce Arians goin at Jeff Fisher last year after Cards beat the Rams

:dead:

premier58

All Star
Daps
“I love it when nobody says you have a chance to win,” Arians told reporters after the game,via Gregg Rosenthal of Around the League. “There’s an 11-3 team and a team that is always 8-8. You figure it out.”

I missed this ether from Bruce Arians goin at Jeff Fisher last year after Cards beat the Rams

:dead:
:manny: ether :krs:

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
There's ALOT worse coaches. Hes probably top half. Or right around the middle.

How are the Titans since he left. How were the Rams before he got there