Jeff Fisher "looks the part" his way into coaching as long as he has

Carlos Huerta

Just keep my rep red
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:whoa:... Lay off Mike Pettine. Didn't you hear, his dad is a legendary high school coach out in western PA. Dude does such a rootin-tootin darn good job coaching up boys going through puberty that it's only inevitable that his son should be great at coaching grown ass men. At least that's what I've been hearing here in NY since 2009. Bloodlines & all that good sh!t :smugbiden:

Seriously, the only thing Pettine's ever done right in pro football was have the sense to stick his nose as far as he could up Rex Ryan's ass (and given that Rex is "bi-curious" who knows what else Pettine was sticking where) that he got named as a puppet DC with the Jets so he could raise his profile after those good defenses Rex ran in 2009 & 2010. Sure he can't consistently win, but that bald head, that scowl, and his pappy lives right across the Ohio-PA border, you telling me there's a more deserving coach out there?:gimpbron:

But it's the Browns so who really gives a fukk :mjlol:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Jeff Fisher :mjlol:

The quintessential embodiment of white privilege..

Rams are the most penalized undisciplined team in the league but the moustache been the rock as the leader of the "Competition Committee" as one of the NFL's "most respected head coaches"

:mjlol:
I been telling my homeboys for the longest that Fischer is wildly overrated and an overall scumbag. Rodney Harrison gave him that work during the Cowboys/Eagles game last night. He said Fischer is a dirty muthafukka and laughed at him on the sidelines when he got injured when he played with the Pats.
Rodney Harrison: Jeff Fisher 'laughed' at his injury, calls dirty play 'typical' - CBSSports.com

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
Pettine's a good coach imo

Good coaches have their teams showing signs of life by their 2nd year. Pettine rode Rex' coattails to a bigger name and when it was exposed he was a locker room leak, Rex banished him & promoted Thurman, if my memory serves me right. He's won nothing of note since and after 25 games as HC of the Browns his record is 9-16. Certain Jet fans wanted Herm's head on a platter after we started 1-4 in 2002 after making the playoffs in 2001, only for Herm (who I'm NO fan of) to win the division. Ray Rhodes coordinated 2 SB defenses in SF, won a Coach of the Year award in Philly, and was axed for Mike Sherman after one 8-8 season in Green Bay.

Herm & especially Ray were both better coaches than Pettine. I don't see him as anything special and he sure as hell ain't good enough to get more benefit of the doubt than Ray fukkin Rhodes. Fukk Pettine & his privilege.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Good coaches have their teams showing signs of life by their 2nd year. Pettine rode Rex' coattails to a bigger name and when it was exposed he was a locker room leak, Rex banished him & promoted Thurman, if my memory serves me right. He's won nothing of note since and after 25 games as HC of the Browns his record is 9-16. Certain Jet fans wanted Herm's head on a platter after we started 1-4 in 2002 after making the playoffs in 2001, only for Herm (who I'm NO fan of) to win the division. Ray Rhodes coordinated 2 SB defenses in SF, won a Coach of the Year award in Philly, and was axed for Mike Sherman after one 8-8 season in Green Bay.

Herm & especially Ray were both better coaches than Pettine. I don't see him as anything special and he sure as hell ain't good enough to get more benefit of the doubt than Ray fukkin Rhodes. Fukk Pettine & his privilege.

The Browns are a mess. The roster is atrocious and their drafts have been miserable. How has Rex fared since Pettine left him? The Browns issues solely stem from ownership imo.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I been telling my homeboys for the longest that Fischer is wildly overrated and an overall scumbag. Rodney Harrison gave him that work during the Cowboys/Eagles game last night. He said Fischer is a dirty muthafukka and laughed at him on the sidelines when he got injured when he played with the Pats.
Rodney Harrison: Jeff Fisher 'laughed' at his injury, calls dirty play 'typical' - CBSSports.com
Yeah I saw that but I'm not shedding any tears for Rodney Harrison.

He was a piece of excrement when he played too :scust:

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Pettine's a good coach imo
his claim to fame is riding rex's coattails and being the snitch who leaked all the stories to the media making rex look bad

i always find it weird when brehs stan coaches. they're so overrated with the exception of Belichick.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
The Browns are a mess. The roster is atrocious and their drafts have been miserable. How has Rex fared since Pettine left him? The Browns issues solely stem from ownership imo.
So being a good Rex assistant makes Petityine a good coach?

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North

I absolutely agree. But how does all of that erase Mike Pettine's inability to win football games? If we're going with that angle then Palmer, Davis, Mangini, Crennel, Shurmur, & Chud shouldn't have been fired either. Except 1 thing, which of those coaches moved on from the Browns to become Beli 2.0?

Good coaches win games, bad ones don't. You telling me the 1997 Jets were a loaded roster? That was virtually the same exact HORRIBLE organization that went 1-15 in 96 and 36-76 from 1990-1996 (you're talking to a fukking Jet historian, our post-Walt Michaels/ pre-Parcells era was just as atrocious as the present day Browns :comeon:). They ended up getting what is easily definable as a good coach, then went 21-11 in 32 games after 1996. That's what good coaches do. The inject life and turn sh!t around regardless of the external circumstances by their 2nd year.

Pettine isn't that.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I absolutely agree. But how does all of that erase Mike Pettine's inability to win football games? If we're going with that angle then Palmer, Davis, Mangini, Crennel, Shurmur, & Chud shouldn't have been fired either. Except 1 thing, which of those coaches moved on from the Browns to become Beli 2.0?

Good coaches win games, bad ones don't. You telling me the 1997 Jets were a loaded roster? That was virtually the same exact HORRIBLE organization that went 1-15 in 96 and 36-76 from 1990-1996 (you're talking to a fukking Jet historian, our post-Walt Michaels/ pre-Parcells era was just as atrocious as the present day Browns :comeon:). They ended up getting what is easily definable as a good coach, then went 21-11 in 32 games after 1996. That's what good coaches do. The inject life and turn sh!t around regardless of the external circumstances by their 2nd year.

Pettine isn't that.
so without roster control, and the browns being historically sorrier than the jets, and not having any franchise players (Tuna got vinny playing well and signed Curtis martin), and sharing a division with a good bengals team, a good steelers franchise, and a ravens franchise that has been really good through the years as opposed to the post 1995 dolphins, bills, pre-peyton colts, and pre-brady pariots, you expect pettine to turn them around like parcells did with the jets? a coked out midget is his best option at qb, and the wr corps might be as bad as what the ravens have minus steve smith.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Nah, according to the media, having your dad being a HS coaching legend makes you a good NFL HC, since you know, the situations are so darn similar and all :gimpbron:

Pettite got into the league as a video assistant. He didn't get in bc of his father

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
his claim to fame is riding rex's coattails and being the snitch who leaked all the stories to the media making rex look bad

i always find it weird when brehs stan coaches. they're so overrated with the exception of Belichick.

He's a better HC than Rex imo