Jeff Bezos is now worth $93.4 Billion (Update: now 150 billion)

MalikReloaded

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I feel you on both ends.

I am just wondering why aren't these other companies doing more to catch up? It's like they see him coming and still get run over.

It's impossible. He's operating on razor thin margins. He made like $273 billion one year and only had a profit of $700 million IIRC.

A company would have to completely reinvent the wheel to beat him. Maybe somebody learns how to teleport products in 10 seconds to somebody's house. That's about it :pachaha:

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Because they can't. They don't have the talent, the culture, and the mind for it. Amazon grew rapidly while being a low margin business because they were reinvesting their profits back into the business. That is the secret. The other companies aren't ready to give up their margins and once they are, Amazon will crush them. They are trapped.

Can't and won't are two totally different things. These companies rather go out of business than downsize and reallocate money. Toys R Us is a great example of this. They are still following a business model of the late 90s and early 2000s. I could have told you years ago that their stores were too big, prices too high and that they held a lot of useless inventory.

There are ways to make this happen but a lot of these companies profited off of an uninformed customer with disposable income. Now the customer has less money, is more informed and wants more convenient service.

MalikReloaded

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Because they can't. They don't have the talent, the culture, and the mind for it. Amazon grew rapidly while being a low margin business because they were reinvesting their profits back into the business. That is the secret. The other companies aren't ready to give up their margins and once they are, Amazon will crush them. They are trapped.

Nah. Amazon lost money every year for like 10 years. If it was a normal business, it would have failed FAST. VC's pumped billions into it even though it was a money loser so they could get as big as possible. They undersold products on purpose to drive everyone out of business so they could become the only big business in retail and scaled up and they could only do that because VC's covered their ass.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
I mean outside of Walmart/Target , there’s nothing else these other retailers can do. Since Amazon is almost a 1 stop for all things. The retailers that specialize in 1 or a couple of things were bound to have this happen to them.

I would say 99% of the Things I Buy on Amazon happens by me going there for “1” thing and buying 5 other things I wasn’t even thinking of lol. Best Buy is only around because for the most part people don’t like buying TVs online . So customers go there for something and also buy other stuff they weren’t thinking of.

Please don't say they can't. Yes they can. 10 years ago you'd probably say that Bezos could not be taking over so many industries with one company.

Great example, clothing retailers should have been looking into on-demand production YEARS ago. Amazon is just getting into it with tees.

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
Monopoly laws gonna come knocking at his doors soon. Most companies have a earnings strategy his is the reverse. He doesn't care how much his company earns as long as they keep taking market share. Google has a Price to earnings ratio of 37 amazons is damn near 300. It's a great way building your networth though. Your company might only be making peanuts but if you own a large share of stock and continue to keep expanding the value of those stocks gonna go through the roof.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's only gonna get higher. There's a good chance he gets to 150 Billion before 2020
Exactly. Amazon is still a work in progress. That's what's crazy
full

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
It's impossible. He's operating on razor thin margins. He made like $273 billion one year and only had a profit of $700 million IIRC.

A company would have to completely reinvent the wheel to beat him. Maybe somebody learns how to teleport products in 10 seconds to somebody's house. That's about it :pachaha:

Breh Amazon is not God. They are still lacking in many departments. It's just up to these companies to find a solution and save themselves. A lot of these companies are filled with lazy old people who don't wanna shift and move with the times.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can't and won't are two totally different things. These companies rather go out of business than downsize and reallocate money. Toys R Us is a great example of this. They are still following a business model of the late 90s and early 2000s. I could have told you years ago that their stores were too big, prices too high and that they held a lot of useless inventory.

There are ways to make this happen but a lot of these companies profited off of an uninformed customer with disposable income. Now the customer has less money, is more informed and wants more convenient service.
It's very demonic. :mjcry:

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
Exactly. Amazon is still a work in progress. That's what's crazy
full

Amazon is a like Walmart on steroids. Razor thin margins but they keep buying companies and expanding into new areas. There not in the business of making money there in the business of owning everything. Pretty much a holding company.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Jeff Bezos

lzIWnJM_d.jpg

Amazon coming for Walmart and Target.
Amazon runs ecommerce.
Amazon made the book publishers fold.
Amazon is creating their own digital content.
Amazon is delivering items in 2 hours.
Amazon was just awarded a Pharmaceutical license in 12 states.
Bezos bought Washington Post in 2013 and today they are tied with NYT in exposing the transgressions of the Trump Administration.

Nothing but respect for my president Jeff Bezos. :wow:

Google and Amazon run shyt.

So many companies get complacent and try to hop on things until it's too late thinking they will run shyt forever.