jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy | All Parts Released

Daps
So what's Kanyes thoughts on this documentary? Coz obviously back then it was cool to have a camera following him around during the struggle. But Ye became somethin else completely once he got success.

Also, I don't know what the timelines are, but I'd bet cash money that Dame got the idea to hire ChokeNoJoke offa seeing Ye/Coodie :patrice:

Makes me wonder how much they recorded after he blew up and was travelling all over the world etc. Must have been tough to be around him constant when he became global?

Rhyse

Pro
Daps
I wonder how they all feel now looking back at how they treated Kanye? Seeing how much he and his Mom believed in his gift while they were casually casting him to the side, I bet they feel like shyt watching this back. At the same time it’s a lesson of be careful how you treat someone.

Kanye was always who he was. Confident in his gift. But it makes sense why he speaks about himself they way he does. A lot of people that were in prime positions really fronted on him. If it hadn’t been for Dame they probably still wouldn’t have signed him. Donda celebrated his confidence while at the same time tried to reroute any over the top arrogance without shaming him. That lady was was a gift as well. Wise and intelligent. Dr. Donda West!

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
So what's Kanyes thoughts on this documentary? Coz obviously back then it was cool to have a camera following him around during the struggle. But Ye became somethin else completely once he got success.

Also, I don't know what the timelines are, but I'd bet cash money that Dame got the idea to hire ChokeNoJoke offa seeing Ye/Coodie :patrice:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I wonder how they all feel now looking back at how they treated Kanye? Seeing how much he and his Mom believed in his gift while they were casually casting him to the side, I bet they feel like shyt watching this back. At the same time it’s a lesson of be careful how you treat someone.

Kanye was always who he was. Confident in his gift. But it makes sense why he speaks about himself they way he does. A lot of people that were in prime positions really fronted on him. If it hadn’t been for Dame they probably still wouldn’t have signed him. Donda celebrated his confidence while at the same time tried to reroute any over the top arrogance without shaming him. That lady was was a gift as well. Wise and intelligent. Dr. Donda West!
Bruh plenty nikkas got looked over. Kanye wasn’t THAT dope as a rapper so it’s understandable that a team full of spitters was gonna be a little whatever about him. But on the flip side. He had nikkas who looked out for him and tried to help him. He was literally shytting on them same nikkas on Drink Champs not too long ago. So if anyone needs to look back at themselves it’s Ye. He sit his ass on Drink Champs and shyt on Just Blaze, Talib and the whole backpack scene. Literally his grass roots. And u speak about Dame. How did he repay Dame for helping him become a rapper? By teaming up with the nikka who told him not to rap and not riding with Dame when The Roc split up. I genuinely got sad watching this doc cause that right there was the Ye I fukked wit.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

A lot of legends got looked over initially.

Russell Simmons passed on signing Nas because he thought he sounded like G.Rap and would never sell any records

Jay-Z literally had to create his OWN label to get on because none of the majors would fukk with him.

RZA was signed and dropped after his debut single “We Love You Raheem” flopped. He had to put together Wu-Tang independently.

A lot of our favorite artists got fronted on early when they were grinding.

JJ Lions

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished watching first part, real good. He put a clip up on his instagram.

Anybody got a link or know complete track list of music he did for others, there was some I didn’t know

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
This is dope...
a lot of the clips from the Through The Wire video are shown in full here...

I know Fest wrote most of Jesus Walks, was Ye writing his other shyt back then?

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland

it's not mentioned enough how Cam played one of the bigger roles in Kanye getting signed.

Don C, John and them were close friends with Cam and Jimmy from 98 and they told him Kanye had a single deal on the table and Cam told Dame he better sign him or Cam himself was going to take Kanye to Kevin Liles and try and shake some money out of Kevin. Dame signed him and Biggs oversaw the process of College Dropout because Dame was away doing 100 other things

actually, one of the quite interesting things that get overlooked in the Roc break up is how Cam was moving with certain things... he was trying to do a little coupe. everybody that Cam looked out for and tried to recruit before the actual break up.. Peedi and Just Blaze specifically or helped (Ye and Freeway) all ended up with Jay.