jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy | All Parts Released

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I knew the third episode would be a challenge since Coodie wasn't there for a number of years but I did like that he never stopped filming. Showed that it was still love despite both of their careers going in different directions. Cool to see throughout their friendship they reconnected time and time again but I'll admit the doc lost me as my own fondness of Kanye began to wain. The Tucker Carlson bit, the erratic behavior later in his career. Same way Coodie wanted to turn off the camera, I wanted to turn off the doc. I could only find enjoyment in the doc as much as Coodie felt the need to film his greatness on display and as we all know, it's become more difficult to stick around for the greatness with so much is distracting us from it.

Last edited:

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The Tucker part made me sad even though I understood how Kanye took it the way he did. He's almost like a big lil kid. That's the vibe I got from him like even when he was talking to his pops.

Kanye talking about feeling discarded by people due to mental illness and stuff was honestly a good point and it felt like Coodie no matter what still refused to have that attitude towards Ye. No matter what he didn't give up on him. That had to help in getting it all approved by Kanye despite it showing troubling stuff. Coodie still has love for him.

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I realized that people would've called Ye' a plant if he came up 10 years later even though he wasn't. It's easy to see how those narratives get shaped without proper context or history.

This.

He was connected to a lot of heavy hitters early in his career. If anything, I think that made it harder for him. Like, people saw the potential and wanted to see if he wanted it bad enough to grind and get it on his own merits vs. just relying on his production and connections to make it.

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
It's amazing how the majority of his music has been so trash to me since the Life of Pablo. His music decline is on the heels of Eminem. It's so depressing watching from the beginning of this mini-series to the end.
Ye album was good

ghost town one of his top songs ever

Daps
After watching this what I really want to see is Watch The Throne footage and how that went down. When Kanye is making music or touring he wants things how he wants them and won’t accept any other alternatives. When Hov is in the studio he’s very peculiar about his songs and he tells Guru how and where he wants everything. They had great chemistry so I wonder who took the back seat.