jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy | All Parts Released

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
It was crazy how Ye played Coodie at his grammy party. Coodie a bigger man than me for forgiving Kanye but I think the friend he knew as a 17 year old kid is gone. Kanye has evolved into a different person and the friendship between him, Coodie and even Rhymefest appears to be totally business now. Kanye is spazzing out in front of them and nobody says anything.

Daps
Reppin
Kongo
It’s a shame how much Kanye has tarnished his legacy. All of his antics will make people overlook the first half of his amazing career.

your crazy dude no way he tarnished his legacy, ever. only way he will do that is if he kills someone like Kim on some OJ shyt, or rapes children. ONLY WAY.

Kanye is the most legendary artist and creative we have seen thus far. super ahead of his time, no cap, like thousands of years. This man has incredible vision for a utopian society where all basic needs and necessities are met and we only have to focus on art, our goals and consciousness and that wont happen until thousands of years into the future.

Kanye is the only one building a legacy that will last and is important because hes doing shyt thats important outside the music.

Daps
Reppin
Kongo
I wonder how they all feel now looking back at how they treated Kanye? Seeing how much he and his Mom believed in his gift while they were casually casting him to the side, I bet they feel like shyt watching this back. At the same time it’s a lesson of be careful how you treat someone.

Kanye was always who he was. Confident in his gift. But it makes sense why he speaks about himself they way he does. A lot of people that were in prime positions really fronted on him. If it hadn’t been for Dame they probably still wouldn’t have signed him. Donda celebrated his confidence while at the same time tried to reroute any over the top arrogance without shaming him. That lady was was a gift as well. Wise and intelligent. Dr. Donda West!

I'm gonna try my best to be that light for my seed although I am not that wise and intelligent. I will do my best. I'm super inspired.

Daps
Reppin
Kongo
it's not mentioned enough how Cam played one of the bigger roles in Kanye getting signed.

Don C, John and them were close friends with Cam and Jimmy from 98 and they told him Kanye had a single deal on the table and Cam told Dame he better sign him or Cam himself was going to take Kanye to Kevin Liles and try and shake some money out of Kevin. Dame signed him and Biggs oversaw the process of College Dropout because Dame was away doing 100 other things

actually, one of the quite interesting things that get overlooked in the Roc break up is how Cam was moving with certain things... he was trying to do a little coupe. everybody that Cam looked out for and tried to recruit before the actual break up.. Peedi and Just Blaze specifically or helped (Ye and Freeway) all ended up with Jay.

Damn I didn't know that cam was an integral part of that. I would love to see kanye and cam reunite. I love the platform Kanye has now where he can give a major look to some of our forgotten legends like Beans, The Game, Fat Joe, etc.

Daps
Reppin
Kongo
That nikka was getting $40K a beat and Gold/Platinum plaques. Nobody was taking “advantage” of him. They simply didn’t believe in him as an artist. They were dead fukking WRONG and he proved it but nobody was stiffing him on prices and when they DID try it he shut them down.

This documentary actually makes Kanye look more masculine and “G” than I ever gave him credit for. Dude pulled up on Dug Infinite IMMEDIATELY after hearing the diss track and confronted him on some grown man shyt. He told Pharrell the FIRST time he met him that he was doing a documentary and told Pharrell to do a drop. Scarface told him he shouldn’t leave his retainer on the table and Kanye just ignored him and kept spitting.

NOTHING intimidated this nikka EXCEPT Jay-Z.
what do u think of the nervous smile when scarface told him to put back on his retainers. lol. that was the most interesting scene because it clrealy diguisted and pissed off scarface and then he left.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was crazy how Ye played Coodie at his grammy party. Coodie a bigger man than me for forgiving Kanye but I think the friend he knew as a 17 year old kid is gone. Kanye has evolved into a different person and the friendship between him, Coodie and even Rhymefest appears to be totally business now. Kanye is spazzing out in front of them and nobody says anything.

Nobody's saying anything because Kanye spazzing is nothing new. He's literally done this since the beginning. This is the same guy who went into the Columbia Records office, jumped on top of the desk and proclaimed he would be the biggest artist on the label without realizing he was performing in front of Jermaine Dupri's dad. Him doing that may have landed him his early credits on Life In 1472 and the Harlem World album because those were So So Def albums. Still, Kanye spazzing is nothing out of the ordinary.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Nah, Timbaland was right there with them. I don't see how this would even be logical considering two of Kanye's biggest songs of the '00's had assistance from Timbaland. Timbaland opened the decade with Jay Z's "Big Pimpin" and closed with his own "Say Something" with Drake. As understated as it is, Timbaland was a huge influence on Kanye. Kanye's debut as a rapper was on "The Bounce" produced by Timbaland. Then there's the trends that Timbaland set in regard to production in the '00's from that whole Indian and Middle Eastern sound that was prominent, which was as big as the whole sped up sample era. Timbaland had some sizable Hip Hop records in the 00's as well:

Jay Z- Big Pimpin
Jay Z- Dirt Off Your Shoulder
Missy- Get Ur Freak On
Missy- Work It
Ludacris- Roll Out
Petey Pablo- Raise Up
Bubba Sparxxx- Ugly
Lil Kim- The Jump Off
Fabolous- Make Me Better
Timbaland feat. Drake- Say Something

^^^ some of these were game changers.
I definitely wouldn't disagree with any of this that Timbo was right there with them. I was just saying my favorite Timbo work was his 90's and early 2000's work. I wouldn't argue that he was one of the top producers of the 2000's at all.