jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy | All Parts Released

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kanye was the definitive hip-hop producer of the 2000's, I think. Either him or The Neptunes. Timbo's best run was in the 90's, I think.

Nah, Timbaland was right there with them. I don't see how this would even be logical considering two of Kanye's biggest songs of the '00's had assistance from Timbaland. Timbaland opened the decade with Jay Z's "Big Pimpin" and closed with his own "Say Something" with Drake. As understated as it is, Timbaland was a huge influence on Kanye. Kanye's debut as a rapper was on "The Bounce" produced by Timbaland. Then there's the trends that Timbaland set in regard to production in the '00's from that whole Indian and Middle Eastern sound that was prominent, which was as big as the whole sped up sample era. Timbaland had some sizable Hip Hop records in the 00's as well:

Jay Z- Big Pimpin
Jay Z- Dirt Off Your Shoulder
Missy- Get Ur Freak On
Missy- Work It
Ludacris- Roll Out
Petey Pablo- Raise Up
Bubba Sparxxx- Ugly
Lil Kim- The Jump Off
Fabolous- Make Me Better
Timbaland feat. Drake- Say Something

^^^ some of these were game changers.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Bieber had that look on his face like “I wanna go home…:francis:

Another part that had me laughing was Ye’s phone convo with Rick Ruben:

Ye: “I think you should come to the ranch..”

Rick: “:hhh:………really?..”

:pachaha:

I was dying at this shyt. I had to work in Wyoming a handful of times at an old job. The only really nice town in Wyoming is Jackson, which is where you hear about celebs being when they're in Wyoming. That place is beautiful.

Cody is like basically every other area of Wyoming (even though it is about 45 minutes or so east of the Yellowstone entrance), which is a barren wasteland. It feels like you're on the moon out there. He probably got an amazing deal on all that land (4,000 acres?) because there's nothing around and went there to save money. I'd be disgusted at the thought of visiting too. :mjlol:

trillanova

The Truth
Daps
He probably didn’t wana get too close to Coodie cause he would be reminded of his mom.

Makes sense.

I didn't think about it like that, but you probably are in the right direction. Coodie was there from the jump, even filming his mom independently, so it makes sense that he's reminded of time he can't get back....

I think this doc was exceptional...we really get to see what Donda meant to him and why she was so important. She was an amazing woman so you can understand how Kanye became who he is. Parenting is everything.

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
I don’t know why but the part near the end when he was on the phone with his dad talking about remember when we were at that house with those bowls and how he was going to see the person who made those bowls was hilarious to me :russ::mjlol:

Him rapping on the jet at the end was hilarious.

Bro we’re on a plane, sit down

:mjlol:

And everyone is all PC & fake cheering him on. Disgusting

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
The third part was terrible. A few decent scenes showing how fried his mind is but overall a waste of time. Coodie was sugar coating everything Kanye's done or said.

This should have been cut after the first two parts because that had genuine behind the scenes footage and was unfiltered.

Coodie wasn’t sugar coating anything he was just speaking from a perspective of a clown friend and family member with no judgement.. He let y’all do the judging

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What I learned from the doc is that Kanye wasn't really as passionate about production as I initially thought. It was clever that he would use production to fund his rap career and network. Production was his hustle, but rap was his passion. That explains why he wasn't as active at producing once his rap career took off. He even hated being viewed as a "rap producer" because of the stigma.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Episode 3 was just sad, Coodie is a good friend and tried to portray Kanye in a positive light but it's clear pain, loss, fame, mental health has sent the man in a different direction and exacerbated the worst in him
Exactly… he saw when Ye started going off the rails and he would stop filming… That’s some real shyt dude did.. most opportunist would have kept the camera rolling

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
What I learned from the doc is that Kanye wasn't really as passionate about production as I initially thought. It was clever that he would use production to fund his rap career and network. Production was his hustle, but rap was his passion. That explains why he wasn't as active at producing once his rap career took off. He even hated being viewed as a "rap producer" because of the stigma.
yeah, crazy to see that.

Daps
Reppin
Kongo
Watching Kanye and Scarface build in the studio. .. just wow man.

It was brilliant to archive all this footage.

this is a well thought out and executed doc so far.
the part where scarface was being an a$$hole to kanye telling him he nasty for having his retainers out on the desk. looked at him in digust and kanye put his head down.

they really treated kanye like a lil kid smh. shyt make me kinda mad.

Daps
Reppin
Kongo
It's crazy to see the real early days. Seeing him and Jay in the club (One of Jay album releases) early and the difference in their levels at that point to now. He was nothing but a producer to Jay then, there wasn't much love etc in their relationship then, just a dap and move on.

Also him basically meeting Pharrell for the first time backstage, rapping in the Rocafella offices and that woman not really caring much. Dude had incredible confidence and faith in himself. He was never ready to settle for being just a producer, you can see he was always an artist making beats basically and not a producer doing some raps.

This was a dope episode. Intrigued to see how much more they got.

His Mom instilled greatness into him also, she was there with him the whole time and even took note of his raps and could recite them back to him, was nice to see that.

I wanna do what kanye mom did for kanye for my son