jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy | All Parts Released

Fortunate Lee

Superstar
Daps
I knew from the trailer that part 3 was gonna be the worst.

Woulda loved to see more candid
footage of his LR, Graduation en Dark Fantasy days.

All those media clips didn't do the greatest part of his career any justice. Should've stopped at the second joint.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
I knew from the trailer that part 3 was gonna be the worst.

Woulda loved to see more candid
footage of his LR, Graduation en Dark Fantasy days.

All those media clips didn't do the greatest part of his career any justice. Should've stopped at the second joint.

To argue that. You have to remember this documentary is also Coodie’s story as well as Kanye. He was only able to follow Ye all the way up to a certain point. We are pretty much seeing this all from HIS POV.

So when him and Ye got distant he pretty much became us and was watching Ye through the tv.

And the director even agreed and felt he should have made the doc after the success of “College Dropout.” But part 3 IMO was needed just to see just how far gone Ye is now. Once again from HIS POV because that was at one time one his BFFs.

And not just that, but with Ye’s career grew (and became tragic). Coodie’s life was growing and striving.

If all you can take it from this was the lack of behind the scenes of his music then idk what to tell you :yeshrug:

altruicsense

Lord of the 7 Kingdoms
Daps
Reppin
Westeros
that ranch scene was the most stupid shyt i ever seen.. no wonder the music sounds like trash.

dude needs an ass whooping not medications.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Holy shyt @ Kanye’s tangents in pt 3 vs the coherent, charming, intelligent tangents in pt 1 & 2.

The tangent while on the plane, when speaking with the real estate guys, in the studio next to Bieber, etc. I laughed but more in a “wtf is happening?!” kind of way.

This film really puts into perspective how insane Kanye’s road has been over the last 22 years. For him to go from where he was in part 1 to being one of the biggest figures in entertainment maybe ever today…is truly wild. And he really did it in 10 years when you think about it because by 2010 he was already a super duper mega figure.

Great job by Coodie and the team that put this together. At minimum, the editing deserves an award IMO.

Last edited:

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
U can see why he's arrogant, cuz he really believed in himself when nobody else did. Jay and Dame just wanted him to play the background and make beats. N1gga seemed like a cornball. Like I could see him being Mos Def or Kweli. But the pop culture thing still shock me. Ppl buying Yeezys still shock me.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
This was great. Cootie is a great film maker. That Tucker Carlson part was dope and so telling on Kanye character. It probably won't get any awards next year, but it would be nice if it did. To me, it felt like a modern version of "Hope Dreams". Just seeing a Black person go through all those states of growth
So funny you mention that because I told my wife last night that this was essentially a hip hop or entertainment megastar version of Hoop Dreams. She’s never seen Hoop Dreams, but that’s what this reminded me of too.

I hope this is nominated for awards despite some of the anti-Kanye sentiment out there. I think the editing really deserves recognition for sure, and Chike, J. Ivy and Coodie did a great job with the storytelling.

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm still :mindblown: that people think of old Kanye and the Kanye in terms of music. Sure, the music is different now than it was then, but the Kanye now is just a more amplified version of the Kanye that was always there. He wouldn't have made it where he is without being what a lot of us now detest. The bigger he became, the more it was amplified. Breh, told us from the jump that he was a grown kid. First single.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Anybody else notice Kanyes accent change depending on the race of the person he's talking to?

I know most of us code switch too but he's Kane West man. That shyt is absurd
He was talkin real crazy around them cacs while they sitting there plottin how to take all his shyt :francis:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Yo... what was that song Kanye was spitting in Costa Rica? That was the Kanye fukk with!

Poor Coodie though.... Kanye ain't the same and it's unsettling to actually witness it.

I can't stand dikkriders. This new Kanye has insulated himself with so many dikkriders it's hysterical. This nikka be babbling and dudes looking at him like he's saying something so profound.

Lol he has nobody in his circle to tell him to stfu!