jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy | All Parts Released

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
Excellent doc. Crazy to see a person being hypnotized by hatred happen right before our eyes. Kanyes former mentor spoke on how he taught a then 13yr old Ye how to make beats and then a few hours later dropped a diss track on the radio:francis:

I give Ye a lot of respect for finding dude and approaching him immediately about it too.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Excellent doc. Crazy to see a person being hypnotized by hatred happen right before our eyes. Kanyes former mentor spoke on how he taught a then 13yr old Ye how to make beats and then a few hours later dropped a diss track on the radio:francis:

I give Ye a lot of respect for finding dude and approaching him immediately about it too.
Anybody heard the diss?

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

That just showed Dug infinite was never genuine in wanting to see a Chicago native other than himself make it… Talkin that family, all love, one win everyone win shyt a day before knowing the nikkas mad as fukk Ye was blowing up..

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
That just showed Dug infinite was never genuine in wanting to see a Chicago native other than himself make it… Talkin that family, all love, one win everyone win shyt a day before knowing the nikkas mad as fukk Ye was blowing up..

The dude that he was with ended the segment saying "no matter what happens after this, what happens after this point, you see it's from a place of love" or something like that. He knew when the cameras were there that a Kanye diss was going to be played later.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
I've got to say though, I know they had to build this narrative that nobody believed or cared about him rapping but are they really going to act like Kanye wasn't on a fantastic posse cut in Champions were his verse was pretty well liked by many ?? shyt came out a good half a year or more before he got signed.

I feel like as soon as the Rawkus guy told him "you are not a Rocafella type of artist" there is no way Kanye would've signed with him unless it was last resort. he saw himself as that middle ground between both labels and your man saying that probably made Kanye more determined to be on Rocafella.

you could see his little heart break over that Dug Infinite shyt man and then its nicely balanced out by the footage of him and his mother. good editing/story telling.

and finally, it has to be said.. I just love seeing all this footage of New York in the background.
it just takes you back to certain feeling that can't be conveyed now.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
its funny that watching this you realize the two most successful artist on the Rocafella roster, not named Jay is that not only that Jay did not want them on the label but they both (Cam and Kanye) came in with their own vision with what they wanted to do, had the majority of it done but used what they had at the Roc to put that little sheen on it and never looked back.

both had a very "this HAS to be a success attitude" to signing there for different reason.

The funny thing is if i’m not mistaken is that Dame took the chain back once they got backstage

he admitted he gave him the wrong one but never took it back.
Dame gave him his one of one canary diamond Roc chain with his special engraving on the back.

(Biggs ended up doing the same with Nore and still wants it back)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
its funny that watching this you realize the two most successful artist on the Rocafella roster, not named Jay is that not only that Jay did not want them on the label but they both (Cam and Kanye) came in with their own vision with what they wanted to do, had the majority of it done but used what they had at the Roc to put that little sheen on it and never looked back.

both had a very "this HAS to be a success attitude" to signing there for different reason.

he admitted he gave him the wrong one but never took it back.
Dame gave him his one of one canary diamond Roc chain with his special engraving on the back.

(Biggs ended up doing the same with Nore and still wants it back)

I don’t know why they didn’t just have a new group of chains made for the new crop of talent they were signing. They signed Kanye, Rihanna, and Teirra Marie all in a short period of time. You’d think they’d have chains on deck for them so this wouldn’t happen lol.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
This shyt is great. I'm still amazed at how he walked into the Roc a fella offices and was playing all falls down and nobody was fukking with it on any level. I think they all underestimated him because he wasn't a street dude and he kept popping that retainer out his mouth.

and I’m sure part of it was that the staffers were getting tired of him coming around while they were working.

Producers popping up to the label is not a common thing at all unless there’s a real reason for it like paperwork and even then, the lawyers sort that shyt out — if you’re handling your business. These producers prefer to not deal with the label and their bullshyt.

Kanye wanted a deal and had a way physically into the place where he thought he could get one. I’m sure no staffers at a label wants a potential artist blatantly coming into room and putting on music mad loud like they are hearing Thriller for the first time. Them folks just didn’t want to be bothered and then a dude is there with a camera.