Jay Z's "Tidal" Streaming Service Launches at $9.99 or $19.99/month; NO free ad-supported plan

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
This whole Magna Carta campaign (commercials and Samsung deal) was a Jedi mind trick to distract from the reality that Jays marketability and musical fan base had diminished greatly...it's the reason for the vague release date, it's the reason for the sketchy count of album sales...its a way for him to have a silver cloud to say "oh, well the whole Samsung thing is the reason for the units moved".
of course it's diminished. The # of customers purchasing music has and keeps falling year over year, especially physical media. You don't expect dude to be putting hard knock life numbers for his 12th :flabbynsick: album? :russ:

shyt is a double plat album that had a huge tour, big hit and some other cuts that had a lesser presence. that's about as much as you can do when you're in your 40s.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
so the $19.99 gets you the best quality audio and video? how much do you really have access to? i don't currently pay for any of these services, but i think i would if i was guaranteed access to EVERYTHING past, present and future.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
"Now ya idols is ridin' Tidals
Gotta respect my wave for you end up in ya grave
Open up my third eye, now what do I Spotify"
:scusthov: Augh
Music in a drought, most artists aint eat for 40 days and 40 nights
All up in the ads, but can't book a commercial flight :scusthov:
Heads to sky asking Hov for the save
Bey watch (baywatch) while I ride in on this wave
Colluding against Jigga, they changing the locks
Scared of what I spot if I (spotify) open up pandora's box :mjpls:
Underestimating ya boy, steady stream of rivals
Undisputed Hov, you see how I unified the title (Tidal)

(Rhianna comes in on the hook)

Last edited:

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I'd rather he just do it at the beginning of a track like Petey Pablo "now I'd like to give a shoutout to Seagrams gin....cuz I drink it, and they payin me for it"

Instead we have to hear it woven into the album and it starts to sound like a marketing plan. Dusse was mentioned like 5 times on MCHG, its annoying.
Man that sh!t go so bad that it had the opposite effect on me. I refuse to drink D'USSE off principle. LOL. Dude just went too far.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
so the $19.99 gets you the best quality audio and video? how much do you really have access to? i don't currently pay for any of these services, but i think i would if i was guaranteed access to EVERYTHING past, present and future.
It gets you, the best videos, audio, and curated content (which I'm sure will be announced today). 9.99 does the same thing but the sound quality is only 320 as opposed to lossless. But that makes no difference if you do not have dope head phones.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Having T-Swift in his pockets is a good sign. Her fans are rabid and loyal, and other artists may follow her to Tidal. Also the fact that he already has an insider rapport with artists and industry execs may solidify this investment as brilliant.

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
It gets you, the best videos, audio, and curated content (which I'm sure will be announced today). 9.99 does the same thing but the sound quality is only 320 as opposed to lossless. But that makes no difference if you do not have dope head phones.

Exactly, dudes gonna be paying $20 a month to listen to this shyt through their iphones with some little ass skullcandy earbuds acting like they can hear a difference :russ:

Julius Skrrvin

Daps
Exactly, dudes gonna be paying $20 a month to listen to this shyt through their iphones with some little ass skullcandy earbuds acting like they can hear a difference :russ:
Really it all depends on how it's pitched. Reminder that people pay hundreds of dollars for middling beats headphones and 1100$ for Mac books that don't have a GPU of note, an i5 and 4gb of ram :flabbynsick:

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
Skullcandy :scusthov:
I ever see my future kids rock them ima slap the taste outta their mouth and throw some Shures or Audio Technicas at em.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
of course it's diminished. The # of customers purchasing music has and keeps falling year over year, especially physical media. You don't expect dude to be putting hard knock life numbers for his 12th :flabbynsick: album? :russ:

shyt is a double plat album that had a huge tour, big hit and some other cuts that had a lesser presence. that's about as much as you can do when you're in your 40s.
Yea that's all true, but I'm not feeling the smoke and mirrors shyt they keep pulling tho...like u not on top of the game like that...don't hide behind corporate marketing groups to persuade the buying public to believe there's this movement that really doesn't exist. This is how the music business gets stale...when weak artists still wanna hold center stage (I.e.madonna) and just don't have the legitimate reasoning to do so. Young new artists get overlooked cause fanboys and corporate execs can't let go of another mans prime, which was 13 years ago...let it go:comeon:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Skullcandy :scusthov:
I ever see my future kids rock them ima slap the taste outta their mouth and throw some Shures or Audio Technicas at em.
The reason I don't buy expensive headphones is I'm always bopping around and shyt while blaring music and eventually one side stops working. If that happened on a 200 dollar pair I might fight someone.

Julius Skrrvin

Daps
The reason I don't buy expensive headphones is I'm always bopping around and shyt while blaring music and eventually one side stops working. If that happened on a 200 dollar pair I might fight someone.
Man I know you're working and studying a lot. Highly recommend you get an amp and a pair of amazing over ear cans. shyt will change your life lol :banderas:

Like the first time you eat free range steak and you were like :what: the fukk was I doing before this

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Man I know you're working and studying a lot. Highly recommend you get an amp and a pair of amazing over ear cans. shyt will change your life lol :banderas:

Like the first time you eat free range steak and you were like :what: the fukk was I doing before this
Recommend a brand