Jay Z's "Tidal" Streaming Service Launches at $9.99 or $19.99/month; NO free ad-supported plan

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
Congrats to Jay and I hope this goes well. Always nice to see a man of color making moves.

That said I'm not interested; the price is too high. Tier it down to 5-10$/month please. And I actually like lossless shyt.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
Does Jay and B even own their music? :russ: they have no power over where their songs go, why are their shyt still on Spotify? :mjlol:
Have money and no real power breh.

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
:wow: @Broletariat @Cloud McFly the potential bars. The references to slave ships and developing his own wave that is clearly coming :russ:
Oceans II, the dualities :hovlol:

Came in the game, no labels to my name
Started out independent, not codependent
Now I run this train, Roc Nation gives us fame
Deep in your brain, waves put them to shame
Waves flow like Tidal, it's absolutely vital
Blue like Blue(ivy), change your profile pic too

ifINe8fJFyR8D.gif

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Oceans II, the dualities :hovlol:

Came in the game, no labels to my name
Started out independent, not codependent
Now I run this train, Roc Nation gives us fame
Deep in your brain, waves put them to shame
Waves flow like Tidal, it's absolutely vital
Blue like Blue(ivy), change your profile pic too

ifINe8fJFyR8D.gif

I'm sick right now this is gonna be all over that album

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
It's not that serious breh :pachaha:

:yeshrug: shyt ain't really different from when he was trying to tell you to cop Rocawear.

I'd rather he just do it at the beginning of a track like Petey Pablo "now I'd like to give a shoutout to Seagrams gin....cuz I drink it, and they payin me for it"

Instead we have to hear it woven into the album and it starts to sound like a marketing plan. Dusse was mentioned like 5 times on MCHG, its annoying.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
It was released out of the blue for an artist like Jay-Z. There was no huge single or promotional run, just a commercial of him in the studio during NBA Playoffs and the video of him rapping in the Museum.

And actuallly no they weren't. Magna Carta was the first album to include the million downloads in his first week sales. They even did a whole article about it in the Magazine with Hov on the cover.
billboard-jay-z.jpg

Nice try.
This whole Magna Carta campaign (commercials and Samsung deal) was a Jedi mind trick to distract from the reality that Jays marketability and musical fan base had diminished greatly...it's the reason for the vague release date, it's the reason for the sketchy count of album sales...its a way for him to have a silver cloud to say "oh, well the whole Samsung thing is the reason for the units moved".

Beyonce did the same with her album release, but even more extreme with the no release date shenanigans ("Christmas surprise, suga") Artists know they're falling off so they can't just announce release dates anymore because the fan base will decide against by the time the date arrives. It's kinda like Pepsi changing the color of the can...same boring product with a gimmick so you'll grab. Not a jay and bey hater...just an observant consumer:yeshrug:

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
I would love to support a Black-owned streaming service but I already know the pattern with this dude... Leech nikkas dry then sell the product back to the highest (white) bidder :-/