Jay Z sued for $18 million for not doing promo for perfume, says he didn't read contract

King Poetic

A.K.A. Curve
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southern California
I like Jay

but dude be having 15 things going on at one time, which I really can’t fukk with anyone as a owner/sponsor for brands .. because I’m pretty sure they don’t read the contracts and have their handlers do it

he’s done in this case

Red

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He is probably telling the truth, he didn't read the contract. His understanding of his obligations probably comes from the meetings beforehand. The contract would have been dealt with by his lawyers after those meetings, who would have read it. That's what they're paid to do for him.

This would have been taking place around 2011. By 2015 he's moving different and has no real interest in another fragrance after the first saw its revenues decline by over 50% in a year. Remember at the time he was buying tidal and sovereign brands.

In my opinion he knew what he was doing when he told them to kick rocks. He basically gambled and challenged them to do something about it. This has been going on for years. It's all about mitigation to reduce the pay out he will have to pay at this point.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
He is probably telling the truth, he didn't read the contract. His understanding of his obligations probably comes from the meetings beforehand. The contract would have been dealt with by his lawyers after those meetings, who would have read it. That's what they're paid to do for him.

This would have been taking place around 2011. By 2015 he's moving different and has no real interest in another fragrance after the first saw its revenues decline by over 50% in a year. Remember at the time he was buying tidal and sovereign brands.

In my opinion he knew what he was doing when he told them to kick rocks. He basically gambled and challenged them to do something about it. This has been going on for years. It's all about mitigation to reduce the pay out he will have to pay at this point.

2012 was still in the middle of the Great Recession.

This isn’t an open/shut case. They would have to prove his lack of involvement led to specific decline in revenue. They can’t pin all of the financial losses on one person. And he has a counter suit for money owed to him. So it may end as a zero sum gain for both parties involved.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
men lie, women lie
contracts don't
aBooMpl2faiHK.gif