Jay Z sued for $18 million for not doing promo for perfume, says he didn't read contract

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Which means he wilfully entered the agreement like I said. He isn't some novice

:gucci:
No it isn’t what you said. If I say 2 x 2 = 4 and you say 1 x 2 = 4, we both got the right answer but your logic of getting there was completely wrong and you just to lucky. The fact is, there isn’t some black letter law that says as a business man you understand every contract in front of you. You have to look at how the contract was drafted and the understanding between the parties. Jay could argue that they had an oral agreement and the written contract was supposed to memorialize that and he didn’t read the fine print. That’s his point about not being a lawyer. He’s arguing that he didn’t read it and he didn’t have legal counsel involved so he was operating from a position of ignorance. Moreover he is arguing that no harm was done because he substantially performed his duties and grew the brand. The point is, this is the very basis of lawyering so no it’s not a clear cut case. By that logic there would be no business man that is ever successful in defending breach of contract claims.

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
No it isn’t what you said. If I say 2 x 2 = 4 and you say 1 x 2 = 4, we both got the right answer but your logic of getting there was completely wrong and you just to lucky. The fact is, there isn’t some black letter law that says as a business man you understand every contract in front of you. You have to look at how the contract was drafted and the understanding between the parties. Jay could argue that they had an oral agreement and the written contract was supposed to memorialize that and he didn’t read the fine print. That’s his point about not being a lawyer. He’s arguing that he didn’t read it and he didn’t have legal counsel involved so he was operating from a position of ignorance. Moreover he is arguing that no harm was done because he substantially performed his duties and grew the brand. The point is, this is the very basis of lawyering so no it’s not a clear cut case. By that logic there would be no business man that is ever successful in defending breach of contract claims.

He is a billionaire, he has multiple law firms on retainer. That argument will not hold up.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I agree with @I Really Mean It seeing that bottle with the name "Jay Z" on it really surprised. I can't say I've seen Jay throw his personal branding directly onto something like that in a while (maybe since the s. carter shoes?). It seems like for whatever reason Jay just didn't want to be involved with this anymore.