Jay Z blames single black parent households for Police Brutality

mcellas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Can’t say I’m surprised. Other than 2pac (because his mom was a black panther) all these rappers clearly are out of their element when they talk about deeper black issues.

Plus, it’s no coincidence that TI, Jay, Diddy etc all became “woke” at the same time when their entire careers did nothing to benefit black people. It’s all rebranding to stay relevant.

I wish our people stopped looking to entertainers to speak on political issues. That Dave Chapelle joke on “I wonder what Ja has to say about this” is still relevant and deeper than most people took it.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
What does kids being raised in single parent households have to do with police relations in our communities though which Jayz was talking about.

I and many others on this forum have been talking about broken black famiily units for awhile.
there is no correlation that is just a white supremacist talkin point

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
:ufdup:
giphy.gif

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
1st this is a year old. Why is it being discussed now like it's new?

2nd. It's funny how much yall are talking about a short clip out of context more so than the reason Jay, van Jones etc were on that stage to begin with . This is for the prison reform alliance organization Jay started. The goal as stated in the video is to get 1 million black people out of jail in 5 years. Van Jones eloquently spoke about the impact the first step act he helped get passed will have on black folks in prison earlier in the clip but interestingly Tariq didnt post that.

3rd. Jay said nothing wrong when you watch the FULL clip in context. He was talking about meek mill and probation which lead into him discussing respect for authority. He never even used the words "police brutality" so its funny how that's in the thread title. He gave a scenario that he said could cause people to loose lives piggy backing off van Jones statement that everything is connected in society. Nowhere did he state that was the sole cause of anything. What makes taking this clip out of context even more egregious is that we have plenty of statements and clips where Jay discusses racism and bad cops directly. Not to mention his work with victims families like Trayvon Martin and others like the one on Phoenix where he sent his lawyers to help them sue the police for police brutality.

So I have to ask. Are you against the 1st step act now? Are you against prison reform since Jay is advocating for it? Yall talk so much about being on code.. but a black men like Jay and van Jones get dragged by agents like Tariq while literally getting black people out of prison it doesn't seem on code to me..

These kats like Tariq, Yvette, kaep and tone talks are leading you sheep off a cliff. They all told you not to vote.. all of them... Now those same clowns are making videos complaining that elected officials are about to screw black folk over with the byron Allen case and how that case is so important to our future. They tell yall to isolate yourselves from black immigrants when those are your only allies who you will need to support you. They are leading you off a cliff.

I’d think it would be exhausting to keep having to go “this is what Jay meant”. If he incapable of articulating his “real” point, who’s fault is that? He’s been speaking in the public eye for nearly 25 years no?

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’d think it would be exhausting to keep having to go “this is what Jay meant”. If he incapable of articulating his “real” point, who’s fault is that? He’s been speaking in the public eye for nearly 25 years no?

It takes a lot more energy to dig up videos a year old and cherry pick parts that can be taken out of context and misquote things in the thread titles. I don't expect perfection or perfect articulation from jay or anyone for that matter trying to do something positive. And prison reform is a net positive. There are other clips where he has spoken on these issues at length. And you are talking about someone who is sending his lawyers to victims to help them sue police departments for police brutality. So what point are yall trying to make?

And anyone in the public eye for 25 years will have some gaffes here and there. Name one black advocate or civil rights leader who doesnt ? I will wait.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps

Can’t say I’m surprised. Other than 2pac (because his mom was a black panther) all these rappers clearly are out of their element when they talk about deeper black issues.

Plus, it’s no coincidence that TI, Jay, Diddy etc all became “woke” at the same time when their entire careers did nothing to benefit black people. It’s all rebranding to stay relevant.

I wish our people stopped looking to entertainers to speak on political issues. That Dave Chapelle joke on “I wonder what Ja has to say about this” is still relevant and deeper than most people took it.

King Khufu

CARTEL MAFIA GANG
Daps
Reppin
At Ur Mama's Bando
No, it's actually the opposite. Police brutality has lead to broken single homes in the first place.

How can someone say they are for equal rights of the people if they are getting paid to do the exact opposite?

The agenda is real!

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
I notice all the black celebrities that c00n always try to make it seem like its the black kids being disrespectful/ not following orders from cops the problem.

Remember mary j Blige did a version this c00nsinging tellin black folk to obey cops in front Hillary.

They never put too much blame on the racist cops that are blatantly just doing fukked up shyt just to do it.(and because they know they will get away)

Ill-Yaz

FA Cup winning fan
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem of single parent households is not just restricted to black families, maybe I should have stated this earlier but i can only go off from what I know of black people raised by single mums.

Personally speaking, I couldnt help but look at a nikka sideways for being from a household with no father present. Everything is different about them and I just cant relate. I just cant.

What is particularly telling is the way they talk back to those people with a higher authority, whether that be in a education environment or work.

Do I think that standing up the po po warrants death? Hell naw

Do i think black people from single parent households are most known for getting lippy with the police? Hell yeah

Jay aint wrong

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
The problem of single parent households is not just restricted to black families, maybe I should have stated this earlier but i can only go off from what I know of black people raised by single mums.

Personally speaking, I couldnt help but look at a nikka sideways for being from a household with no father present. Everything is different about them and I just cant relate. I just cant.

What is particularly telling is the way they talk back to those people with a higher authority, whether that be in a education environment or work.

Do I think that standing up the po po warrants death? Hell naw

Do i think black people from single parent households are most known for getting lippy with the police? Hell yeah

Jay aint wrong
Have you ever watched how cacs, likely from two-parent homes, talk to law enforcement? A quick YouTube search will void all that deep c00ning you just did.

Ill-Yaz

FA Cup winning fan
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Have you ever watched how cacs, likely from two-parent homes, talk to law enforcement? A quick YouTube search will void all that deep c00ning you just did.

Those cases are few and far between. Lets not go generalizing

And I would appreciate if posters didnt call me a c00n or neg me for stating my opinion. Thanks