Jay Morrison & The Tulsa Real Estate Fund (Official Thread)

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
You guys are going ham on this topic about this questionable fundraising.

I wonder if you would go ham about the film being developed by your own in this very community that had two previously successful kickstarters, won multiple awards, and a proven track record with thousands of customers..

4 days left on this crowdfunding campaign and no one can refute it's viability. In fact, listen to this random white dude that stumbled on my campaign and viciously scrutinizes kickstarters.

You just gone advertise in the middle of this debate :lolbron:

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You have still completely ignored the initial point. But let’s go ahead and debate what you have put on the table.

It was stated that Jay is not wrong for charging the 5.5% fee and taking 50% of profits because he has to manage a lot of stuff on the backend- one of them being Realtor expenses.

I stated that real estate commission in GA is paid by the seller. Regardless of whether it is residential or commercial - the seller negotiates commission with the listing agent upfront and that fee is split 50/50 between selling (buyers agent) & listing agent at the completion of the transaction. You haven’t provided any argument to dispute that.

You are now telling me that there are significant differences between the way financing is handled between residential and commercial properties.

Again, this is misguided information. Yes, commercial financing will take potential income into consideration (think a strip mall with 4 store fronts that pay $3000 in rent to owner a month). This is not vastly different from financing a multi-family residential property (think buying a quad - 4 units).

In both cases the lender will look at the potential rental income and credit that to the buyers debt to income ratio. It’s not rocket science. These transactions happen every day. It’s not complex enough to make a legitimate argument that someone is justified in taking 50% profit for “managing” this process for a trust.

You also mentioned builders and developers - neither of which I used in my initial argument. Like every other industry, there are people that specialize in certain areas. It was never suggested that this fund should hire a residential realtor to handle a commercial deal. Or that a commercial builder should sparehead efforts to build residential homes.

But no matter how you flip it - these are tasks that real estate professionals do on a daily basis that carries a typical fee/commission. Again, none of this is complex enough to warrant someone taking 50% of the profit made from 100% investor money.

The initial point compared a REIT with a residential real estate agent. Like I said, there's nothing to discuss
since you are out of your depth.

Do you understand how IPOs work ? These investors collectively hold less than 50% of the shares and will probably receive a dividend.

As I said before,if you have a problem with the splits then so be it.

Nobody is forcing you to invest in the fund :what:

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
The initial point compared a REIT with a residential real estate agent. Like I said, there's nothing to discuss
since you are out of your depth.

Do you understand how IPOs work ? These investors collectively hold less than 50% of the shares
and will probably receive a dividend.

As I said before,if you have a problem with the splits then so be it.

Nobody is forcing you to invest in the fund :what:
Excuse us for calling out bullshyt when we see it

Just like that punch tv shyt :dead:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
I'm not going to invest but I'm optimistic that every thing is on the up and up.
The fees and profit split seem excessive as hell to me, but whatever if he actually can hit his proclaimed guarantee return rate to investors I guess
Outside of the fees and split my biggest concern is that they are kinda getting in on the tail end of another real estate bubble. Market been rising damn near 10 yrs now with cities like Philly and Atlanta passing 2008 values already and a ton of gentrification already having taken place in those kinds of cities. Where exactly is breh going to invest and develop to see crazy returns?

GoldCoastSaint

Yall nikkas hate everything but Tariq Nasheed
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
The problem is this.. He claims he wants to help black people achieve wealth. Black people will NOT achieve wealth with you taking 50% of the profits. The only person making real money in this will be him with little to no risk... fukk his fund

Before 2012 people making under 250k yearly couldnt even get in on something like this. The fund is giving its investors an 8% return quarterly plus 50% of the profits. That is pretty much unheard of.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
Before 2012 people making under 250k yearly couldnt even get in on something like this. The fund is giving its investors an 8% return quarterly plus 50% of the profits. That is pretty much unheard of.
its not guaranteed:mjlol:its not gonna happen.. yall need to ask someone who really knows their shyt before yall end up with punchtv shares again:gucci:

theres a reason why before 2012 folks who didnt make
250k a month couldnt “get in on something like this”.

its to protect the average joe from shyt like this

BLΔCK⁂W⊙LF

All Star
Daps
The generic operating agreement literally says they are purchasing distressed properties. In addition to those statements, I've already given you an example of a property they've been vetting which, to this day, is distressed. They have videos of them vetting 60 acres of land with nothing but distressed properties there. I think they are doing what they said in the operating agreement and in the video where they break down for the Sesame Street crowd like yourself the purpose of the fund. You going to tell me the video that talks about gentrification and the mission of TREF within that same video is generic?

In addition to that, Jay say they will also diversify when needed in order to help ensure they can meet the ROI goals. All of these questions have already been answered and outlined in the agreement. The Tulsa Talks, which again have been occurring for a year, exist to clear up any additional confusion people may have reading the generic operating agreement. You can go check YouTube for the archive and call in if you have questions that can't be answered.

You say that I'm deflecting by asking you for your credentials, but you can't explain why Tone hasn't had a one on one conversation with the brother in over a year. You don't have any credentials to impress anyone with. Dude is feeding 50+ black families while you're on Coli caping for Tone who has done what for our people exactly? Anyways, you don't have to invest in the fund. We've amassed 10 million. Sit back and watch how it's done.

Did he conduct any research into the viability of those distressed areas over the next 10-15 years?

You guys are spending money you don't have on a promise, not on anything real. Let's stop acting like children. Black banks have more capability than Jay Morrison in creating a Black Wallstreet but they cannot right now for obvious reasons.

That 8% is preferred shares which he doesn't have to issue out, and I doubt he can for some time if that is what he wants to do. But 8% quarterly with 50% of profits.... I hope people ain't falling for that bullshyt.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
Did he conduct any research into the viability of those distressed areas over the next 10-15 years?

You guys are spending money you don't have on a promise, not on anything real. Let's stop acting like children. Black banks have more capability than Jay Morrison in creating a Black Wallstreet but they cannot right now for obvious reasons.

That 8% is preferred shares which he doesn't have to issue out, and I doubt he can for some time if that is what he wants to do. But 8% quarterly with 50% of profits.... I hope people ain't falling for that bullshyt.
jay exposing why the gov need to gone head and up them regulations again :snoop:

any jim joe bob with a flair for marketing can appeal to the average idiot and finesse

---

Superstar
Daps
This trend shows me a couple of things.
to

1) A black-owned business in 2018 still being called a scam. Even though it is regulated by the strictest regulators on the planet in terms of financial structured products. Nobody wants to tangle with the S.E.C. They do not fukk around when giving license financial products to non HWNI(High Net worth investors) or UHWI(Ultra high net worth investors). I don't live in america anymore but a letter for the S.E.C. on any financial business overseas is no joking matter. Call it a bad idea but don't use the word scam.

2) Got a culture vulture who should have never been allowed into the culture swaying peoples decisions with his zero fincinal accreditations to his name trying to discredit a real estate fund. shyt is laughable.

3) Someone said this on thecoli about a year ago and its really starting to sink in. That the black community needed to be divided into two groups one that can saved and no saved. Didn't make sense to me before but it slowly starting to.

BLΔCK⁂W⊙LF

All Star
Daps
to

1) A black-owned business in 2018 still being called a scam. Even though it is regulated by the strictest regulators on the planet in terms of financial structured products. Nobody wants to tangle with the S.E.C. and they do not fukk around when giving license financial products to none HWNI or UHWI investors. I don't live in america anymore but a letter for the S.E.C. on any financial business overseas is no joking matter. Call it a bad idea but don't use the word scam.

2) Got a culture vulture who should have never been allowed into the culture swaying peoples decisions with his zero fincinal accreditations to his trying discredit a real estate fund. shyt is laughable.

3) Someone said this on thecoli about a year ago and its really starting to sink in. That the black community needed to be divided into two groups one that can saved and no saved. Didn't make sense to me before but it slowly starting to.

I don't think it is a 'scam' in the sense people are using the term. But I think Jay's business is a bad investment.

You work in finance, so tell me, would you honestly place one of your clients funds into his business? :sas1:

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
to

1) A black-owned business in 2018 still being called a scam. Even though it is regulated by the strictest regulators on the planet in terms of financial structured products. Nobody wants to tangle with the S.E.C. and they do not fukk around when giving license financial products to none HWNI or UHWI investors. I don't live in america anymore but a letter for the S.E.C. on any financial business overseas is no joking matter. Call it a bad idea but don't use the word scam.

2) Got a culture vulture who should have never been allowed into the culture swaying peoples decisions with his zero fincinal accreditations to his trying discredit a real estate fund. shyt is laughable.

nikka the sec is ALWAYS dealing with scams even with its strict regulations
stop it

this nikka jay aint doing nothing but appealing to black folks with marketing, tugging at emotions naming it tulsa (branding), and hitting nikkas over the head by taking 50% of profits instead of using that to grow the fund and actually build a black wall street

fukk outta here

---

Superstar
Daps
nikka the sec is ALWAYS dealing with scams even with its strict regulations
stop it

this nikka jay aint doing nothing but appealing to black folks with marketing, tugging at emotions naming it tulsa (branding), and hitting nikkas over the head by taking 50% of profits instead of using that to grow the fund and actually build a black wall street

fukk outta here

Number 1) your not in the financial space so you stop it!
2) you never dealt with the sec so you have no backbone to lay your words on.

3) you can't name other regulators outside of America and the scope and the aim they operate on and the depth of their abilities. The sec doesn't play around.

4) I can see you have never been inlvovled in any seed investing in a structred IPO so please you stop. 50% is operating norms.