Jay Morrison & The Tulsa Real Estate Fund (Official Thread)

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
You are comparing a commercial REIT to a residential real estate agent ?:mjlol:

People will always be sceptical... It's a part of business. Here's what Western Union said about the telephone in 1876

This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication.
The device is inherently of no value to us

You don't always need profit to borrow/leverage but we shall see:patrice:

What exactly is higher ? The management fee ? The dividend ? The profit split ?

I mean he does employ black people so technically he is helping black people achieve wealth. :pachaha:

I'd like to see more personal capital pledged but who knows perhaps they will put up
their own assets as collateral for loans.

Eitherway he's not forcing anyone to invest :yeshrug:
so they gone borrow forever? lol nikka no

especially not with that big correction coming after 2019

Daps
R-3412397-1445958652-2805.jpeg.jpg
Nice throwback

BLΔCK⁂W⊙LF

All Star
Daps
Some of yall about get to get finessed...

This happens every few years. Umar Johnson, Boyce Watkins, Bitconnect/crypto, etc... We are just chasing anything someone throws at us without actually doing research and thinking things through. Black people don't have the money to be making $500 investments on ideas.

Conjiggle

Pro
Daps
You are comparing a commercial REIT to a residential real estate agent ?:mjlol:

:yeshrug:

Not quite. I think you missed the underlying point or just chose to ignore my post as a whole to focus on a minor point. There are basic similarities between the residential and the commercial side of the game. One being how people are paid and what roles agents, lenders, contractors have in the process.

Again, the primary point is that none of those roles that will be managed by this fund justify a 50% stake of profits.

Also, I think it has been stated several times by Jay himself that this project is not solely targeting commercial properties. So calling it a commercial REIT would be a stretch, no?

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
The generic operating agreement literally says they are purchasing distressed properties. In addition to those statements, I've already given you an example of a property they've been vetting which, to this day, is distressed. They have videos of them vetting 60 acres of land with nothing but distressed properties there. I think they are doing what they said in the operating agreement and in the video where they break down for the Sesame Street crowd like yourself the purpose of the fund. You going to tell me the video that talks about gentrification and the mission of TREF within that same video is generic?

In addition to that, Jay say they will also diversify when needed in order to help ensure they can meet the ROI goals. All of these questions have already been answered and outlined in the agreement. The Tulsa Talks, which again have been occurring for a year, exist to clear up any additional confusion people may have reading the generic operating agreement. You can go check YouTube for the archive and call in if you have questions that can't be answered.

You say that I'm deflecting by asking you for your credentials, but you can't explain why Tone hasn't had a one on one conversation with the brother in over a year. You don't have any credentials to impress anyone with. Dude is feeding 50+ black families while you're on Coli caping for Tone who has done what for our people exactly? Anyways, you don't have to invest in the fund. We've amassed 10 million. Sit back and watch how it's done.
lol. You calling me sesame street, but you clearly just learned a new term. "How does looking into distress properties" justify the profit split or the small amount of their own invested money
How does investing in a YMCA address the independent auditor report conclusion
bubu they "vetting distressed properties," while Tone is talmbowt numbers

Consider diversifying when you're in trouble to meet ROI goals, but not consider it initially isn't something to brag about
I don't get geeked about symbolic and generic language like " invest in our communities. Long term goals include establishing a town," while ignorantly thinking generic language is suppose to calm all concerns

Again you still haven't provided the evidence that this is for Black folks? because it's not. Explain how this effort closes the wealth gap but allows anyone to invest at a minimum of $500 to max $50 mill...So a Chinese investment group steps up, drops the max. What happens to the wealth gap? how are you establishing a town with majority non-Black owned property

bubu he's teaching the hood for free and complaining about gentrification, but is open to the perpetrators of gentrification to invest

Stop with the generic BS. Nobody is above accountability, you're no Blacker or realer than anyone else just cause you're blinding capping a Blackman, while shyting on another Blackman that's asking legit questions you can't answer

BEN23

All Star
Daps
instead calling dude a scammer...y'all open up your own fund....very simple...its a start if it work or not..500$ is nothing ....some of those same people spend that on sneakers or in a strip club...but to come and bash the dude for starting and the way he promotes it is corny....y'all complain black people cant come together and here we have people pooling there money and its a problem...the tone dude is on youtube just talking...what action is he putting in...if the jay dude can market and pull people in..thats great..hopefully other people follow suit....if its a scam...scared money dont make money...some of you black people think a person has to be jesus....you rather give your money to warren buffet and let him invest in his community...but you scared of your own...scam or not its a start..and hopefully more blacks pool there resource's ..instead of arguing and making videos of what wont work.:yeshrug:

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I see what you're saying @C00NM0NGER. Traditionally, REITS are supposed to distribute 90% of the income to shareholders. But the're saying profits are going to be split 50/50. They need to clarify where the 50/50 is coming from.

I need to do more research, but I believe this was a huge success for them. They must have been planning this for a minute.

BEN23

All Star
Daps
nikkas act like the black community isn't full of black vultures taking advantage of other black ppl. It is possible he is a legit businessman who is also being slick and abusing the lack of financial illiteracy of the black community. it's called nuance.
who's the real vultures..ask yourself that...every community has vultures...buts its cool when other races do it to black people its cool..its ooh they holding us back..but one brother does something and you find everyway this to discredit him...i aint saying his fund is great...i am saying black people need to start believing in black people...yo not winning every battle....if you dont fukk with it ...dont fukk with it..state your reasons cause of the returns....but don't say its a scam ...the shyt aint even a year old....

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
Grow up. There's nothing empowering by giving your money blindly to a Blackman because nobody is above criticism or accountability. If you're downplaying and labeling the request for more info as "crabs in the barrel or hating", then you're clearly just looking for the simple/easy feel good symbolic gestures to get drunk off of

These Tariq worshiping nikkas are now defending his inability to address specific questions and concerns by a Blackman that he dismissed as a mush mouf, that has done the research? smh

What are the reasons?
where does it say that both are just for Black folks?

bruh you're stupid as hell....Tariq has property in Atlanta that Jay helped facilitate for him so he has personal dealings with the guy. So for Tariq to then invest in this means he trusts the guy on some level. I'm sure if the guy is scamming Tariq will eat crow just like he did with Umar. You act like Tariq didn't lose money to Umar either!? Just like how Tariq lost money w/ Tommy when Tommy never came through w/ whatever it was (wasn't following tariq back then)

say what you want about Tariq but he constantly puts his money where his mouth is and tries to support brothers who seem to have genuine plans to help black people. Yes, he's been fooled too but he always admits his mistakes but he has taken the same Ls as his followers who might've donated too

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
bruh you're stupid as hell....Tariq has property in Atlanta that Jay helped facilitate for him so he has personal dealings with the guy. So for Tariq to then invest in this means he trusts the guy on some level. I'm sure if the guy is scamming Tariq will eat crow just like he did with Umar. You act like Tariq didn't lose money to Umar either!? Just like how Tariq lost money w/ Tommy when Tommy never came through w/ whatever it was (wasn't following tariq back then)

say what you want about Tariq but he constantly puts his money where his mouth is and tries to support brothers who seem to have genuine plans to help black people. Yes, he's been fooled too but he always admits his mistakes but he has taken the same Ls as his followers who might've donated too
foh. Nobody is above accountability, especially any nikka that compares their efforts to Marcus Garvey like Jay has, while making sure not to use the same explicit language that Garvey used
What money did Tariq lose off of Umar?

Tariq proved that he couldn't answer those legit questions from Tone. So why cape just so your friend don't have to be held accountable? How is that not self serving? how does that help the Black community?

Tommy and McDonalds "invest" in Black folks, so again, I don't get geeked off of giving Blackfolks my money just to say I did and feel like I accomplished something. That's not only weak, but counter productive and reeks of pure symbolism.

Sidenote: I actually fawks with Tariq and Jay, what turns me off to them mostly are their worshipers, who are doing the least effort, by blindly capping, inorder to feel like they down for the cause. stop it