Jay Morrison & The Tulsa Real Estate Fund (Official Thread)

yyy

All Star
Daps
I had something typed up but I decided to do a little investigating. This is not a company that I would ever consider investing in. Running an investment company is very difficult. When someone tries to convince you to invest, they need to cite and explain why they are the person to handle your money, When you listen to their videos, however, they talk not about there credibility as investors but rather about racism and how Black people lack power. This will not even make a dent in the current racial situation that African-Americans deal with. If you are genuinely interested in making don't invest in this company. If you want to take a flyer on a Black owned company that might do a little good in the world invest.

I went and looked at everyone's linkedin who's listed as an employee of the company. Several of them have there own personal companies that they are running. Normal real estate investments funds don't have that. The guy running the fund is a college dropout and the number 2 took 6 years to graduate from undergrad. Does this mean they can't run a well functioning and efficient company? No. But it does mean that skepticism is justified. The easiest part of running a company is the face you present to the public. Confidence is easy to fake. Put on a nice suit. Practice your lines, and you'll appear competent. The heard part is actually running a company. Day to day. Week to week. Month to month. None of these people have ever done this before...

Here's a rule of thumb. If someone tells you to invest in something or to give them money and they start talking about racism and Black power run. But if someone comes at you and purely talks about the actual industry that the company is based in and why they are equipped to be successful then invest.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not quite. I think you missed the underlying point of just chose to ignore my post as a whole to focus on a minor point. There are basic similarities between the residential and the commercial side of the game. One being how people are paid and what roles agents, lenders, contractors have in the process.

Again, the primary point is that none of those roles that will be managed by this fund justify a 50% stake of profits.

Also, I think it has been stated several times by Jay himself that this project is not solely targeting commercial properties. So calling it a commercial REIT would be a stretch, no?

Nope. The valuation of commercial real estate is based on income NOT market comps like residential real estate.
There are significant differences from the type of lenders, investors and developers. If you think a home builder
can build a skyscraper then there's not much to discuss.

They don't have to justify anything to you ... You either invest or you don't. :yeshrug:

breh

that shyt aint gone work

Meh, a lot of companies use debt to acquire companies and real estate and keep borrowing ...

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
Nope. The valuation of commercial real estate is based on income NOT market comps like residential real estate.
There are significant differences from the type of lenders, investors and developers. If you think a home builder

They don't have to justify anything to you ... You either invest or you don't. :yeshrug:

Meh, a lot of companies use debt to acquire companies and real estate and keep borrowing ...
We talking about through this upcoming recession coming in 2019+ Tho.
Not talking about a company ran by seasoned vets that retains most of its profits and uses SOME debt to acquire companies and real estate.

Very big difference

It ain’t finna happen Breh.

ATownD19

The Black King You Love To Hate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Universe
who's the real vultures..ask yourself that...every community has vultures...buts its cool when other races do it to black people its cool..its ooh they holding us back..but one brother does something and you find everyway this to discredit him...i aint saying his fund is great...i am saying black people need to start believing in black people...yo not winning every battle....if you dont fukk with it ...dont fukk with it..state your reasons cause of the returns....but don't say its a scam ...the shyt aint even a year old....

Look at how much we spend with CACS without question :scust:

black-consumer-spending-power.jpg

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
He should put some of the stuff he said in the Vlad interview on his website. I'm aware of what Jay Morrison has done real estate wise. This is essentially him taking that and doing it on a larger scale. That 50/50 split though :patrice:

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We talking about through this upcoming recession coming in 2019+ Tho.
Not talking about a company ran by seasoned vets that retains most of its profits and uses SOME debt to acquire companies and real estate.

Very big difference

It ain’t finna happen Breh.

Recession will present opportunities to acquire ..whether their lenders will finance deals in that climate remains to be seen

Seasoned vets were rookies once ... let them cook :pachaha:

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
Recession will present opportunities to acquire ..whether their lenders will finance deals in that climate remains to be seen

Seasoned vets were rookies once ... let them cook :pachaha:
They talkin about buying right now :camby: and distributing all the profits
Foh nikka

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
nikkas act like the black community isn't full of black vultures taking advantage of other black ppl. It is possible he is a legit businessman who is also being slick and abusing the lack of financial illiteracy of the black community. it's called nuance.
there is a reason affinity scams are so successful. every community has vultures who take advantage of them.

The problem is this.. He claims he wants to help black people achieve wealth. Black people will NOT achieve wealth with you taking 50% of the profits. The only person making real money in this will be him with little to no risk... fukk his fund
well him and the management team are black people so technically black people will achieve wealth.

---

Superstar
Daps
Nikkas are always hating, but turn around and give their money to white supremacist ans suspected white supremacist, without any question lol

The mere fact that there is a trend on this saying nay or yah, proves you right!

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
there is a reason affinity scams are so successful. every community has vultures who take advantage of them.

well him and the management team are black people so technically black people will achieve wealth.
Y’all nikkas act like a 40k job is wealth lmao

Conjiggle

Pro
Daps

You have still completely ignored the initial point. But let’s go ahead and debate what you have put on the table.

It was stated that Jay is not wrong for charging the 5.5% fee and taking 50% of profits because he has to manage a lot of stuff on the backend- one of them being Realtor expenses.

I stated that real estate commission in GA is paid by the seller. Regardless of whether it is residential or commercial - the seller negotiates commission with the listing agent upfront and that fee is split 50/50 between selling (buyers agent) & listing agent at the completion of the transaction. You haven’t provided any argument to dispute that.

You are now telling me that there are significant differences between the way financing is handled between residential and commercial properties.

Again, this is misguided information. Yes, commercial financing will take potential income into consideration (think a strip mall with 4 store fronts that pay $3000 in rent to owner a month). This is not vastly different from financing a multi-family residential property (think buying a quad - 4 units).

In both cases the lender will look at the potential rental income and credit that to the buyers debt to income ratio. It’s not rocket science. These transactions happen every day. It’s not complex enough to make a legitimate argument that someone is justified in taking 50% profit for “managing” this process for a trust.

You also mentioned builders and developers - neither of which I used in my initial argument. Like every other industry, there are people that specialize in certain areas. It was never suggested that this fund should hire a residential realtor to handle a commercial deal. Or that a commercial builder should sparehead efforts to build residential homes.

But no matter how you flip it - these are tasks that real estate professionals do on a daily basis that carries a typical fee/commission. Again, none of this is complex enough to warrant someone taking 50% of the profit made from 100% investor money.

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You guys are going ham on this topic about this questionable fundraising.

I wonder if you would go ham about the film being developed by your own in this very community that had two previously successful kickstarters, won multiple awards, and a proven track record with thousands of customers..

4 days left on this crowdfunding campaign and no one can refute it's viability. In fact, listen to this random white dude that stumbled on my campaign and viciously scrutinizes kickstarters.