Jay Morrison & The Tulsa Real Estate Fund (Official Thread)

that guy

Superstar
Daps
It's not great at all just successful. It's quite stupid and obvious. Openly and flagrantly violating. He didn't respect the investors enough to even try and cover tracks. I always mention that people who were calling him into question during his money raising campaigns were silenced by others in the room. The flaws were openly visible but people were so emotionally invested they shyt on others for being suspicious and critical. There's infinite lessons here. But the simplest take away is to not invest behind emotions. Look at the business plan. Look at the history of the people behind it.
That’s what makes it such a genius scam. He doesn’t have to cover his tracks. He can just intentionally make bad investments while collecting millions in managing fees until the fund is insolvent and it’s all completely legal.

This whole scam is only possible because of an obscure law created by the Obama administration that allowed for these types of crowd funds where there’s no required accreditation. The fact that he found this law and created this whole scheme including the “buy back the block” marketing the simply genius.

Last edited:

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Jay should have took the money and moved out the country.
Jay Morrison like most other con men could have actually invested the $10million during one of the hottest real estate markets and easily made millions for himself and the fund but con men like him are sociopaths. There’s something about getting over on people that’s more important than money to them.

Everyday con men make enough money to retire on a beach somewhere but they don’t. They keep on creating more schemes to steal from people until eventually they are caught. It’s like that movie catch me if you can.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
That’s what makes it such a genius scam. He doesn’t have to cover his tracks. He can just intentionally make bad investments while collecting millions in managing fees until the fund is insolvent and it’s all completely legal.

This whole scam is only possible because of an obscure law created by the Obama administration that allowed for these types of crowd funds where there’s no required accreditation. The fact that he found this law and created this whole sceme including the “buy back the block” marketing the simply genius.
That’s why I said as despicable as this is, it would be almost be impressive if he didn’t specifically target Black folks. This is an absolutely legal scam. Shyt is crazy.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
i am, there is no evidence of tref being a scam
Everything he’s doing is “legal”, but if people actually did their own research they’d realize that those “legal” investments are lining his pockets and not providing a worthwhile return for investors.

It’s legal, but it’s a bad investment.

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everything he’s doing is “legal”, but if people actually did their own research they’d realize that those “legal” investments are lining his pockets and not providing a worthwhile return for investors.

It’s legal, but it’s a bad investment.
Right lol.

@theworldismine13 if I DM you and say I can flip your $100 into $10gs because I’m a basketball guru and I know the outcome of games and you give me the $100 and I lose it all from bad bets, then you find out not only did was I not good at betting, but the highest my “basketball knowledge” went to was boys & girls club, you would be ready to fight.

But technically I didn’t steal from you or do anything illegal.

But you would technically want to punch my face in and feel like I misrepresented myself.

He did that on a grand scale. It’s not “illegal” but it’s bad business (being bad at business is not illegal btw) and the type of business it is, ppl lost money instead of receiving a bad product or eating bad food…

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
Right lol.

@theworldismine13 if I DM you and say I can flip your $100 into $10gs because I’m a basketball guru and I know the outcome of games and you give me the $100 and I lose it all from bad bets, then you find out not only did was I not good at betting, but the highest my “basketball knowledge” went to was boys & girls club, you would be ready to fight.

But technically I didn’t steal from you or do anything illegal.

But you would technically want to punch my face in and feel like I misrepresented myself.

He did that on a grand scale. It’s not “illegal” but it’s bad business (being bad at business is not illegal btw) and the type of business it is, ppl lost money instead of receiving a bad product or eating bad food…
More if he pays you $100, you pay yourself $90 to bet $10 and then lose.

Last edited:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
This is why there's no point in getting upset. Even when it's clearly laid out what he's doing people will make excuses. It's getting to point where I wonder should I even be mad at the scammer
That’s why I said if he wasn’t directly targeting Black folks I’d have to lowkey give him props on finding a diabolical, legal scam. This shyt is wild and you really can’t touch him. If ppl are too ignorant to know what they’re getting into, they just get got🤷🏾‍♀️

Imagine if he put that brainpower to use for hood :to: